It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Mafwek: Thank the fucking Cthulhu someone gets it!
dudalb: This. The private company is paying for the forum (I have no dbout some people here don't get that forums cost money)
it woud not exist without them,they own it, and they can impose any rules, no matter how stupid, they wish.
Forums like this are private property, and last time I looked people have a right to restrict behavior on property they own.
dgnfly: Prepare to be decimated cause from what I've experienced they pretty close mind over here and can't even cope with criticism towards GOG Curation system which seems biased as hell. GOG might have its fair share of SJW but at least your not dictated on which games you must play, Unlike here on GOG.

I personally also believe in Free speech, But sadly most people can't cope with people being honest so they must put on this face mask and pretend to be somebody they are not. Also, Don't even dare call somebody simply stupid here cause that gets you banned for 5 days. Basically, nothing is allowed only praising GOG and acting like SJW and talk about simple things and never question anything or else this community gets triggered.

Gotta love when they say don't talk politics while those SJW pushed politics and Race/Gender and even Identity politics into gaming. seems it ok to push politics in games but you can't talk about it regardless of them being there.

Freedom of speech is dead and as far I recall if you wanna talk them without being censored I'd suggest ''One Angry Gamer'' which keeps track of all the agenda pushing and pandering in the gaming world and if you want for movies ''Bounding into comics'' But true freedom of speech has been dead on the internet since the casuals entered that domain.
dudalb: If you can only praise Gog here, why are so many threads in which Gog is completely blasted for some of it's policies?
And an I the only who things that this person's complains about SJW really means "I can't insult people because of their race, sex or relgion?".
You seem to try and make it seem I'm a racist cause I could care less what people say. I don't think to call out Race/Gender politics makes you racist only the leftist libtards think that cause they get triggered by those kinda topics cause they are on 24/7 virtue signaling watch. You probably love devs like Manveer Heir who are racist against whites and while working on Mass effect andromeda was allowed to spout that nonsense without having to worry about his job while if it was the other way around he would have been fired right away, Same goes for that woman that got hired as head animator for mass effect Andromeda while having zero skills in the field.

Your comment itself seems pointless cause it doesn't add anything other than showing you can't cope with those topics or GOG's criticism so you'll just sum it up as your a racist sexist cause you can't say these words. and the most laughable is the fact you think people shouldn't make fun of religions or criticize them, Religion itself is the biggest joke on earth cause it contributes nothing and only takes but I guess stupid people can't cope with the fact that there is nothing there when you die.

I don't know if you noticed but if you criticize GOG here you get your Rep downvoted and a company of corporate shills comes out making excuses for GOG curation. also, even Wizardry thread for going off-topic while if you look at this Thread TinyE keeps going off topic constantly seeming to try and get this thread itself closed. any thread that even asks for games gets ignored even the wishlist has been shown to be utterly useless cause they decide for you so no matter how many votes a game gets it just doesn't get released here. not to mention there aren't that many threads blasting GOG for its policies most were during times they reject game otherwise it's just one boring thread after another and no thread keep pressing them on the hard facts.
low rated
dgnfly: You seem to try and make it seem I'm a racist cause I could care less what people say. I don't think to call out Race/Gender politics makes you racist only the leftist libtards think that cause they get triggered by those kinda topics cause they are on 24/7 virtue signaling watch. You probably love devs like Manveer Heir who are racist against whites and while working on Mass effect andromeda was allowed to spout that nonsense without having to worry about his job while if it was the other way around he would have been fired right away, Same goes for that woman that got hired as head animator for mass effect Andromeda while having zero skills in the field.

Your comment itself seems pointless cause it doesn't add anything other than showing you can't cope with those topics or GOG's criticism so you'll just sum it up as your a racist sexist cause you can't say these words. and the most laughable is the fact you think people shouldn't make fun of religions or criticize them, Religion itself is the biggest joke on earth cause it contributes nothing and only takes but I guess stupid people can't cope with the fact that there is nothing there when you die.

I don't know if you noticed but if you criticize GOG here you get your Rep downvoted and a company of corporate shills comes out making excuses for GOG curation. also, even Wizardry thread for going off-topic while if you look at this Thread TinyE keeps going off topic constantly seeming to try and get this thread itself closed. any thread that even asks for games gets ignored even the wishlist has been shown to be utterly useless cause they decide for you so no matter how many votes a game gets it just doesn't get released here. not to mention there aren't that many threads blasting GOG for its policies most were during times they reject game otherwise it's just one boring thread after another and no thread keep pressing them on the hard facts.
1. I think the one you quotedn just mistook your intent(which is understandable to a small degree seeing as how you like to say the S*W term a lot and seem to think those against you in some cases are mostly S*W types. In this case I don't think it is the case, and I think you two just got your signals mixed up. Just my two cents.

As for the "you probably love x devs" comment: To me that is a bit like the ones you mention who call others names without proof because they quesiton things. As such I don't think that was the best line to use or thing to accuse random people of....especially if you don't like it when others claim you are are all sorts of things without proof.

(I don't say any of this to be overly mean, but just to point things out and offer advice)

2. I feel that if you want respect you shouldn't diss other people's faiths(no matter how odd....well maybe with the exception of actual cults and scientology).

3. I remember when the game wishlist was what they used to determine what games people wanted and to convince devs/ip holders to sell here. That was years back though....when Enigmatic T and Co were still here.

You are right that some here(who seem to like the site and want it to improve) derail threads on topics they dislike or made by those they dislike. And it's always the same half dozen characters.
Post edited June 21, 2019 by GameRager
low rated
dudalb: This. The private company is paying for the forum (I have no dbout some people here don't get that forums cost money)
it woud not exist without them,they own it, and they can impose any rules, no matter how stupid, they wish.
Forums like this are private property, and last time I looked people have a right to restrict behavior on property they own.

============================

If you can only praise Gog here, why are so many threads in which Gog is completely blasted for some of it's policies?
And an I the only who things that this person's complains about SJW really means "I can't insult people because of their race, sex or relgion?".
GameRager: They can impose all the rules they wish(and I would follow even the silly ones if need be) but they would likely lose customers fast(or forum users who spread their product/site info to others) if they did so....if not garner some bad PR at the very least.

This is likely why any forum owner(with exceptions) doesn't go full orwellian with the rulesets. Of course, there have been times when they DID do such on some sites, and those sites suffered a mass exodus due to it(Like tumblr's lewd matter ban, for example, and the content creator purges on youtube to a smaller degree).

(On a similar tangent I am ok with smaller sites imposing such rules but not the bigger ones, and if the stuff to regulate them passes I will be happy/ok with it)

==========================

They are likely doing so to be nice to the users and also to not get bad PR if they went overboard with banning many people or increasing the rules on the forums to an insane degree.

(As for that term: I myself use it to ONLY mean those on either side who are extremists who use social movements for bad/self-serving purposes and NOT all activists. Of course, there are likely a handful of people who use it like you describe, sadly.)
TO be fair there was a lot of locked threads before you start asking why certain thread get locked in like 24/7 simply for questioning hot topic points which in my opinion were nothing more than the problems of gaming today regarding politics and policies. I personally don't like the notion of small talk so I'd rather the discuss pressing matter instead of simple things hence why you mostly see me in threads that criticize GOG or bring points to light that I personally think needs changing and with SJW being disease that now infected gaming I would like to point out things that look similar.

And I know people keep saying GOG isn't SJW you can't excuse their past for apologizing towards them for a simple tweet even going so far as to fire the guy behind it cause people were offended. I'm used to sites where everything goes and if the person feels offended he can just leave the conversation.
low rated
dgnfly: TO be fair there was a lot of locked threads before you start asking why certain thread get locked in like 24/7 simply for questioning hot topic points which in my opinion were nothing more than the problems of gaming today regarding politics and policies. I personally don't like the notion of small talk so I'd rather the discuss pressing matter instead of simple things hence why you mostly see me in threads that criticize GOG or bring points to light that I personally think needs changing and with SJW being disease that now infected gaming I would like to point out things that look similar.

And I know people keep saying GOG isn't SJW you can't excuse their past for apologizing towards them for a simple tweet even going so far as to fire the guy behind it cause people were offended. I'm used to sites where everything goes and if the person feels offended he can just leave the conversation.
1. That seems fair, but if you stay on one tack/stay always on the offensive(the sports term not taking offense offensive) it's not going to convince many to come around to your side and will turn many off.

2. I get your frustration but you know the old saying...you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar....well the same applies here. If you want people to listen you need to be more civil and not diss anyone too much just because they take a stance against what you are holding. You also need to participate in the forums beyond just complaints about problems here.

Again I offer this all as advice to help not to sound overly mean. :)
high rated
dgnfly: TO be fair there was a lot of locked threads before you start asking why certain thread get locked in like 24/7 simply for questioning hot topic points which in my opinion were nothing more than the problems of gaming today regarding politics and policies. I personally don't like the notion of small talk so I'd rather the discuss pressing matter instead of simple things hence why you mostly see me in threads that criticize GOG or bring points to light that I personally think needs changing and with SJW being disease that now infected gaming I would like to point out things that look similar.

All "SJWs" and "anti-SJWs" do is whine. You're two sides of the same coin, the permanently aggrieved. The "small talk" you're complaining about is people having fun with games and discussing them, which is what the forum is actually for.
Post edited June 21, 2019 by StingingVelvet
low rated
BlueMooner: People don't know that Grabthar was a captain, and his hammer was...
A man's gotta do...
low rated
Freeze peaches FTW! ;p
low rated

StingingVelvet: All "SJWs" and "anti-SJWs" do is whine. You're two sides of the same coin, the permanently aggrieved. The "small talk" you're complaining about is people having fun with games and discussing them, which is what the forum is actually for.
1. If all/most antis stopped trying to point out the lies SOME of them say who would discredit/out"shout" them and keep companies from listening to them as much? Or do you believe it's a lost cause not worth fighting for?

2. This forum(to be fair) is for anything not gaming related hence the general forums label.
low rated
dgnfly: I personally don't like the notion of small talk so I'd rather the discuss...
StingingVelvet: All "SJWs" and "anti-SJWs" do is whine. You're two sides of the same coin, the permanently aggrieved. The "small talk" you're complaining about is people having fun with games and discussing them, which is what the forum is actually for.
For a person who critisize (anti)SJW "whining", you're sure make too little difference between "personal dislike" and "complains".
GameRager: 1. If all/most antis stopped trying to point out the lies SOME of them say who would discredit/out"shout" them and keep companies from listening to them as much? Or do you believe it's a lost cause not worth fighting for?
The extreme stuff should be called out, on both sides... censorship and actual racism/sexism are both bad. However on every gaming forum now-a-days it seems like an endless war with both sides spending all their time complaining about the other. I don't think it's healthy, it's an obsession. If you're talking about that stuff more than fun games, you're probably doing it wrong.
GameRager: 2. This forum(to be fair) is for anything not gaming related hence the general forums label.
Haha No. It's not an "Off Topic" forum. It's a General forum. That means it's for anything gaming related not related to a specific game. Off topic forums are for "anything"
low rated

The last time I checked the SJW wanna restrict what other people enjoy while the anti-SJW keep calling the SJW out on it. The problem is that the gaming media and even now games Publishers are pandering towards the SJW type nutjobs so we who just wanna enjoy our games uncensored and without politics are getting it forced down our throat, Centrist like you seem to think we should just be ok with all this bullshit censorship and agenda's in games you'll just stand on the sidelines like the NPC you are, Hence why you can't see the difference cause it takes effort to stand for something.

We do discuss games we discussed why they are rejected for nonsensical reasons and we even discussed the implication of politics in them it's just people like you would rather stick the head in the sand and be ignorant.
paladin181: Haha No. It's not an "Off Topic" forum. It's a General forum. That means it's for anything gaming related not related to a specific game. Off topic forums are for "anything"
Let's say generally it's for anything gaming related, but you can see there are also threads about music, about what makes you happy, and bitching about life ;D
low rated

GameRager: 1. That seems fair, but if you stay on one tack/stay always on the offensive(the sports term not taking offense offensive) it's not going to convince many to come around to your side and will turn many off.

2. I get your frustration but you know the old saying...you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar....well the same applies here. If you want people to listen you need to be more civil and not diss anyone too much just because they take a stance against what you are holding. You also need to participate in the forums beyond just complaints about problems here.

Again I offer this all as advice to help not to sound overly mean. :)
1. I'm not starting a religion or a cult so I need nobody really on my side, like so many things people will take sides on their personal bias regarding certain topics. hence why I wouldn't ever hang around people that are offended 24/7 cause that would take the fun out of life and I personally would not trust them. Most of the time the nicer the person the more skeletons in the closet they have.

2. I think you're more of an optimist while I'm more skeptic towards people and their idea of understanding common sense. Even the idea of questioning GOG curation seems to upset people while it's a simple question in general, It's curation tries to dictate what people can enjoy on the platform so there could be personal bias involved, But simply questioning this makes people go mental over here it seems. Releasing, for instance, their rejected games don't affect those users in any way yet they can't even cope with you wanting them or questioning or make fun of GOG's lame Curation.

the whole idea of talking about a game for the fun of it I think is a stupid concept cause I'd rather just play it and experience it. When it comes to conversations I'd rather have them about more serious matters.

I'm pro Free speech so in my opinion you're allowed to say anything mean or offensive.
low rated
NVM

Evidently I was wrong.
Post edited June 21, 2019 by tinyE