It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SirPrimalform: Oh my god, just found a gift code for Nox in ceemdee's title. Thank you!
NICE. Maybe I should pay attention to those more often...
Post edited September 09, 2011 by csmith
SirPrimalform: Oh my god, just found a gift code for Nox in ceemdee's title. Thank you!
csmith: NICE. Maybe I should pay attention to those more often...
I'll just leave this here... I have no idea what it's for.
Attachments:
Post edited September 09, 2011 by SirPrimalform
SirPrimalform: I have no idea what it's for.
Dropbox is blocked at work so I'm thinking you'll need to get someone else to help you out. :)
SirPrimalform: I have no idea what it's for.
csmith: Dropbox is blocked at work so I'm thinking you'll need to get someone else to help you out. :)
You're just as eligible to help as anyone else. It's not on dropbox any more so have a look.
The QR code by itself doesn't seem all that helpful, despite what is says. I must be missing something.
fuu. lol, I think I'm one of the rare few who do not own a smart phone
csmith: NICE. Maybe I should pay attention to those more often...
SirPrimalform: I'll just leave this here... I have no idea what it's for.
Thank you for Duke 3D kind sir.
JMich: Thank you for Duke 3D kind sir.
Can you please explain how you got this?

I'm actually okay that I didn't find this out since I already bought the game this morning. Kind of a relief.
kodeen: Can you please explain how you got this?

I'm actually okay that I didn't find this out since I already bought the game this morning. Kind of a relief.
The code from the QR is the hint needed. Look closer to the upper left square, and you'll find another QR hidden. Scan that QR and the code would be given.
Found the 2nd QR but had trouble scanning it. Maybe I need to clean my camera... :)

Congrats!
wy4786: fuu. lol, I think I'm one of the rare few who do not own a smart phone
You don't need a smarphone for decoding. decoder
csmith: Found the 2nd QR but had trouble scanning it. Maybe I need to clean my camera... :)

Congrats!
http://zxing.org/w/decode.jspx

I don't have a smartphone, but I can do some really nice screen captures ;)
gyokzoli: You don't need a smarphone for decoding. decoder
Already downloaded a barcode reader.
The hint is "look closer"
SirPrimalform: I'll just leave this here... I have no idea what it's for.
JMich: Thank you for Duke 3D kind sir.
You're welcome!
csmith: Found the 2nd QR but had trouble scanning it. Maybe I need to clean my camera... :)

Congrats!
I deliberately darkened it so the big QR would work and so that it wouldn't be too obvious. I was expecting people to have to perhaps increase the contrast and brightness to get the second one to work. :P
I don't even own a smartphone. I made and tested this using websites with QR encoders and decoders.
Post edited September 09, 2011 by SirPrimalform
Massive necro to save this thread from being moved into the archive. I think we should keep it in General Discussion as a reminder of how nice this place once was.