It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SirPrimalform: When I told him he was missed, his only response was "oops!".
Why would you lie to him?
ZFR: Why would you lie to him?
Sure, I could tell him we were planning a party to celebrate his absence but then we'd have to put up with him being all moody when he inevitably returns.
Anyone here use (*gasp*) Steam? I've been using my isolation time to do something (barely) useful and go through my Humble Bundle account and I have a few duplicate keys - that is to say I bought some (many) bundles that have some games in that I already owned.

Who likes point and click adventures? I have a steam key for The Journey Down parts 1 and 2 burning a hole in my digital pocket (some of you may call this a "hard drive"). It's an excellent game altogether, although this key is missing the final part.

I could give it to some rando but I thought I'd offer it around here first, any takers?

More to come probably.
Thanks, but no. Not a big fan of adventure games.
ZFR: Not a big fan of adventure games.
You are dead to me.

Surely everyone else loves adventure games though.
Will there be a new Mafia game some time soon?
Lifthrasil: Will there be a new Mafia game some time soon?
I assume Joe would tell us if he felt he wasn't able to do the next game. Therefore I assume he's cooking up something good. I have faith.
JoeSapphire: ...
Let's poke him a bit.
I have a game of Court of the Sultan ready to play. It could be a fun distraction while we wait.
Post edited April 20, 2020 by zazak09
zazak09: I have a game of Court of the Sultan ready to play. It could be a fun distraction while we wait.
Is it that quick?
*Revised setup

Grand Vizier (loyalist)

- After the end of the first court session, you must select two players to join your faction. If you choose a rebel, then you will be assassinated.
- If a member of your faction is executed, then you must select a replacement from the other players during the intrigue phase.
- Once per intrigue phase, you may instantly execute a member of your own faction
- During the intrigue phase you must select a player to defame. If successful, they will be executed.

Win Condition: All rebels eliminated, or there are no more protestors left to recruit.

Commander of the Guard (loyalist)

- During the intrigue phase you may protect a player from assassination.

Win Condition: All rebels eliminated, or the court is kept pure after recruiting all protestors.

Commander of the Guard (rebel)

- No power

Win Condition: Your faction controls a majority of government, or a member is grand vizier.

Supreme Judge (loyalist)

- Can instantly force a decision during the court phase (2x)

Win Condition: All rebels eliminated, or the court is kept pure after recruiting all protestors

Supreme Judge (rebel)

- No power

Win Condition: The rebels control a majority of government, or a member is the grand vizier.

2x Janissary (rebel)

- One member of your faction may investigate a player during the intrigue phase and find out their allegiance
- One member of your faction may assassinate another player during the intrigue phase (grand vizier is immune).
- The rebels must collectively decide a player to defame during the intrigue phase.

Win Condition: The rebels control a majority of government, or a member is a grand vizier.

Imam (protestor)

- During the intrigue phase, you must select a third player to defame or nominate for grand vizier.
- If you are appointed for a position or die, your power transfers to another protestor.

Win Condition: The rebels control a majority of government, or a member is a grand vizier. If you are appointed a position by the grand vizier, your win condition switches to the loyalists.

5x Minor Nobility (protestor)

- No power

Win Condition: The rebels control a majority of government, or a member is a grand vizier. If you are appointed a position by the grand vizier, your win condition switches to the loyalists.
Post edited April 23, 2020 by zazak09
zazak09: It will likely be over very quickly, but it's not a guarantee.
I don't understand any of that stuff, but I'm already in! What resources do you recommend before going into the game?
zazak09: It will likely be over very quickly, but it's not a guarantee.
PookaMustard: I don't understand any of that stuff, but I'm already in! What resources do you recommend before going into the game?
There aren't many resources (none in English), but the core principles are not that different from Mafia. My intention is for it to be a learn as you go experience, but if you have questions you can PM me during the game.

Sign-ups here:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/court_of_the_sultan_signups_hidden_identity_forum_game
Just checked and Joe is still alive. He's apparently been cheating on us with a DnD group.
PookaMustard: What about me?
ZFR: You should watch out for gogtrial too.
What about me? o.0
===========================================

SirPrimalform: I could give it to some rando but I thought I'd offer it around here first, any takers?

More to come probably.
I need Journey Down Part 2, if you are still offering(hit me up via PM if you're still being generous and have the key still). :)
Post edited April 22, 2020 by GameRager