It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

adaliabooks:
Lifthrasil: It works! Thank you very much!
Great :)

I'm probably going to end up making some kind of extension to do all this, to save all the copy and pasting, just reread a load of players posts in the game and having to keep opening the console and editing the script is annoying when you do it a load of times...
No promises though ;)
Sorry. Couldn't resist and just had to share that awesome photo I found. I is just so fitting, with the forest and a quite real emission building up behind it! :-)
I would be interested in the next Mafia game. Have played in real life but not on a forum before!
Leonard03: I would be interested in the next Mafia game. Have played in real life but not on a forum before!
Excellent!! I think you'll find this a fun group. That is until the game starts....
Leonard03: I would be interested in the next Mafia game. Have played in real life but not on a forum before!
flubbucket: Excellent!! I think you'll find this a fun group. That is until the game starts....
Cool. I see there's one going on now, about how long does a game usually take?
flubbucket: Excellent!! I think you'll find this a fun group. That is until the game starts....
Leonard03: Cool. I see there's one going on now, about how long does a game usually take?
It just started, so I guess it will run a while. The last game was a huge one which ran for two and a half months. This one has less players, so it will be quicker. The one before the last one ran for one month. I guess this one will be somewhere in between.

For the moment I would like to invite you to watch. You can just read the thread and get a feel how people play. That helps when you play yourself in the next game.
adaliabooks: As promised, vote filter script:
I'm not sure, but it seems your script is case sensitive, since it does miss a few votes in the current game. Would it be possible to make it insensitive, or is something else that's causing it to miss posts?
JMich: I'm not sure, but it seems your script is case sensitive, since it does miss a few votes in the current game. Would it be possible to make it insensitive, or is something else that's causing it to miss posts?
Hmm. Quite probably, I'll have a look. There's bound to be a solution to either make it case insensitive or just use an OR statement. I'll fix it later, well spotted JMich.
Do what most of us did... follow the current game closely, make your own guesses, and enjoy the ending. Go back and research previous games (links in the first two posts of this thread). Explore the wiki and get familiar with the variations used on GoG. Then have fun!
Leonard03: Cool. I see there's one going on now, about how long does a game usually take?
Lifthrasil: It just started, so I guess it will run a while. The last game was a huge one which ran for two and a half months. This one has less players, so it will be quicker. The one before the last one ran for one month. I guess this one will be somewhere in between.

For the moment I would like to invite you to watch. You can just read the thread and get a feel how people play. That helps when you play yourself in the next game.
That's actually how I found out about this. The thread showed up on the recent page and "Mafia" caught my eye so I clicked it. It looks like a dead serious game, which is totally cool ;)
yogsloth: Do what most of us did... follow the current game closely, make your own guesses, and enjoy the ending. Go back and research previous games (links in the first two posts of this thread). Explore the wiki and get familiar with the variations used on GoG. Then have fun!
That's what I'm doin' !
Post edited March 12, 2015 by Leonard03
JMich: I'm not sure, but it seems your script is case sensitive, since it does miss a few votes in the current game. Would it be possible to make it insensitive, or is something else that's causing it to miss posts?
Right, sorry about that. Didn't realise it was case sensitive. Here's the new version that's case insensitive:

jQuery('.spot_h').remove()
for (var i = 25; i > 0; i--)
{
var threadURL = "/forum/general/gog_mafia_26_stalker_the_dangers_of_the_zone/page" + i + " .spot_h"
var $newdiv = $( "<div class='page" + i + "posts'/>" )
$( ".list_h" ).prepend($newdiv)
$( ".page" + i + "posts").load(threadURL, function() {
jQuery.expr[':'].Contains = function(a, i, m) {
return jQuery(a).text().toUpperCase()
.indexOf(m[3].toUpperCase()) >= 0;
};
jQuery('.post_text_c:not(:has(span.bold:Contains(vote)))').parents('.spot_h').remove();
})
}

Edit: Whoops, trailing brace. Removed. Should work now.
Post edited March 12, 2015 by adaliabooks
Is there, by any chance, a script of some sort that will search and display (in chronological order!) all of the posts by a particular person in a given thread? So I could, for example, get a list of all of Lift's posts using the script, to more easily examine what he has said.

On an unrelated note: How did the "no betting" rule come about? What prompted that?
Bookwyrm627: Is there, by any chance, a script of some sort that will search and display (in chronological order!) all of the posts by a particular person in a given thread? So I could, for example, get a list of all of Lift's posts using the script, to more easily examine what he has said.
Remove the last part of the script, the "jQuery('.post_text_c:not(:has(span.bold:Contains(vote)))').parents('.spot_h').remove(); " one. I think the brackets will be ok, but not really sure.

Bookwyrm627: On an unrelated note: How did the "no betting" rule come about? What prompted that?
Nmillar and Robbeasy had a bet on a game they were playing in, and I think it did mess with the game a lot.
Edit: Vitek corrected me, it was nmillar and SirPrimalForm (then called eyeball226). Robbeasy was innocent of betting. And there wasn't that much of a mess with the game either.
Post edited March 17, 2015 by JMich
Bookwyrm627: Is there, by any chance, a script of some sort that will search and display (in chronological order!) all of the posts by a particular person in a given thread? So I could, for example, get a list of all of Lift's posts using the script, to more easily examine what he has said.
See this post: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/forum_mafia_administration_and_general_discussion_1/post1303

If you need a hand with it just let me know :)
Bookwyrm627: On an unrelated note: How did the "no betting" rule come about? What prompted that?
JMich: Nmillar and Robbeasy had a bet on a game they were playing in, and I think it did mess with the game a lot.
Ahh. That explains it.

adaliabooks: See this post: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/forum_mafia_administration_and_general_discussion_1/post1303

If you need a hand with it just let me know :)
I thought I saw something that would do it, but I wasn't sure if I was misremembering. I'll try to give it a whirl tonight. Thanks!