It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bookwyrm627: On an unrelated note: How did the "no betting" rule come about? What prompted that?
Last line of this post and some subsequent posts.

It haven't really affected that game but we figured it shouldn't be done as it has no place in game and take outside influences into reads.
Bookwyrm627: On an unrelated note: How did the "no betting" rule come about? What prompted that?
Vitek: Last line of this post and some subsequent posts.

It haven't really affected that game but we figured it shouldn't be done as it has no place in game and take outside influences into reads.
Ahh.
I hate doing this, but I just sent Lift a message for finding a replacenebt, I'm not sure what's up with me the past few weeks, I want to play, I'm interested in playing....I have 0 motivation to actually write posts, or do anything at all, and it's starting to drive me crazy. So ifor the sake of the game, I'm going to step aside for a bit. Sorry guys, but I don't think it's right for me to be taking up space on the roster when people who are going to post regularly are available.
I want to double check one of my assumptions real quick.

We trust players to be on their honor about only claiming real life distractions when real life distractions are actually a problem, right?

I've been assuming no one would abuse this. If my assumption is wrong, please let me know.

Edit: I have been reassured by several people that this is not a problem. I am not accusing anyone, I'm not implying an accusation. I just had the thought circling in my head and I wanted to lay it to rest.
Post edited March 23, 2015 by Bookwyrm627
Bookwyrm627: We trust players to be on their honor about only claiming real life distractions when real life distractions are actually a problem, right?
I seriously hope so! It would be very bad style to 'fake' real life problems. But I don't think anyone here would do that.
Bookwyrm627: I want to double check one of my assumptions real quick.

We trust players to be on their honor about only claiming real life distractions when real life distractions are actually a problem, right?

I've been assuming no one would abuse this. If my assumption is wrong, please let me know.
Hmm... what made you ask this?
I would nip this in the bud.

We're on the honor system here, and we must trust each other on basic facts-of-life stuff. I think Bookwyrm should edit out the original question and we let this lie before it blows up and somebody gets really offended.
yogsloth: I would nip this in the bud.

We're on the honor system here, and we must trust each other on basic facts-of-life stuff. I think Bookwyrm should edit out the original question and we let this lie before it blows up and somebody gets really offended.
Agree with this. Real life happens and if someone says so in game I will believe them.
HypersomniacLive: Hmm... what made you ask this?
Looks like the forum ate my reply. Lets try again.

I ask because the thought has been circling in my head, and I want to lay it to rest (mission accomplished). I figured that anyone caught trying to pull such a stunt would be ousted from any future games as an undesirable (and rightly so).

I'm not accusing anyone, and I don't even want to imply an accusation against anyone. Its just that I've learned that sometimes the easiest way to deal with a lingering question is to just ask it.

I'm willing to edit my original post to remove this question. If that is the general wish, then HSL will also need to edit his post to remove the quote. I've already added an edit to the original noting that my question has been answered.
Bookwyrm627: Looks like the forum ate my reply. Lets try again.

I ask because the thought has been circling in my head, and I want to lay it to rest (mission accomplished). I figured that anyone caught trying to pull such a stunt would be ousted from any future games as an undesirable (and rightly so).

I'm not accusing anyone, and I don't even want to imply an accusation against anyone. Its just that I've learned that sometimes the easiest way to deal with a lingering question is to just ask it.

I'm willing to edit my original post to remove this question. If that is the general wish, then HSL will also need to edit his post to remove the quote. I've already added an edit to the original noting that my question has been answered.
I did not assume that you were talking about someone specific, I'm just curious why such a question would circle in your head.
I've followed a couple of games before the first I played in, and this question never crossed my mind when reading that things in the physical world kept players preoccupied and busy.
HypersomniacLive: I did not assume that you were talking about someone specific, I'm just curious why such a question would circle in your head.
I've followed a couple of games before the first I played in, and this question never crossed my mind when reading that things in the physical world kept players preoccupied and busy.
Has happened before, can't recall with whom. They were checking the online status of players, then wondering why they wouldn't post in the game's thread even though they were online. I think the answer was that mafia does require you to have enough time to properly read the thread and answer, though other threads may be done without that time need.
HypersomniacLive: I did not assume that you were talking about someone specific, I'm just curious why such a question would circle in your head.
I ask "What If" a lot. Sometimes it is idle speculation (What if I could fly?), sometimes it helps in my job while debugging (What if I provide this input?). I don't care to speculate on how many video game deaths I've experienced while seeing whether the programmers accounted for something (turns out that there aren't invisible walls in several raised platform sections of X-Men Legends 2. You can jump over the edge and fall to your death).

I couldn't help but wonder whether someone might use RL as an excuse to lurk. I decided to trust that people weren't doing that, and then realized I could just ask whether that is an issue with this group.
Just wanted to post here...I'm in for the next game!

Over the last few months I've been WAY too busy to participate, but that seems to have subsided, so I'd love to get back in :)
Good to know. :-)
Has someone already been chosen to host the next one? Also, what's the current one?