It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GameRacer: Do ho ho
That's how it's spelled. ZFR told me!
Post edited August 17, 2020 by my name is coole catte
my name is coole catte: That's how it's spelled. ZFR told me!
Just got caught up on the game and saw that post....a shame it's not yours, as I thought it was another clever catte punne. ;)
Post edited August 17, 2020 by GameRacer
Blurg, I made a load of typos. If I had a little bump I could do a little EBWOP.
Bump please!
my name is coole catte: Bump please!
No! Last time I bumped and you never made use of it. Your next post was more than 10 mins later.
I may have a post stuck in limbo. Bump please.
Thank you for the bump, Joe. Pleasant dreams.
agentcarr16: I'm not up to hosting right now. Can you move me to the bottom of the list, but right before ZFR? :P
You've bubbled up to the surface again! How are you fixed for hosting now? Hope you're well!
GymHenson: it was more to do with a scant few players seemingly 'doting' on me for my play style(some who posted many more criticisms than compliments) instead of maybe also just respecting a bit more that it's my own play style....
You really shouldn't take it personally. No one is voting you because they personally don't like you or your style; quite the opposite: you get much more leniency "That's just GR and it's his usual style - not alignment indicative". Had it been anyone else they'd have been lynched pretty much immediately.

But if your style does make you the best lynch candidate you can't blame those people for voting you. They're playing the way they think is best for their faction this game.

This community is very casual. A lot of things that would be an immediate policy lynch on other sites are overlooked here. Calling them '"by the book" town gotta "by the book"' is unfair to the people here.
agentcarr16: I'm not up to hosting right now. Can you move me to the bottom of the list, but right before ZFR? :P
You're not going to pass up on the chance to host game 69 are you??

69!!?
Learn from my mistakes, lest ye be banned.

I live in the UK where trump jokes are common and almost never partisan/political, in a ‘I choose a side’ sense. It’s just poking fun at something daft happening some place else. But some people feel differently, and that’s ok.

I have been warned by the moderators and my trump ‘jokes’ have been deleted. Apparently I’m to avoid the subject of the Global Pandemic too (Which I don’t understand. Can someone explain that?).

But hey, it’s Gogs forum, Gogs rules, and there but for the grace of Gog go I.

Thank you to Julia for engaging with me on the subject.
JoeSapphire: You're not going to pass up on the chance to host game 69 are you??

69!!?
Well, he's Canadian, so he's sure to be a big Bryan Adams fan. Summer of '69 is the other national anthem.
borisburke: Learn from my mistakes, lest ye be banned.

I live in the UK where trump jokes are common and almost never partisan/political, in a ‘I choose a side’ sense. It’s just poking fun at something daft happening some place else. But some people feel differently, and that’s ok.

I have been warned by the moderators and my trump ‘jokes’ have been deleted. Apparently I’m to avoid the subject of the Global Pandemic too (Which I don’t understand. Can someone explain that?).

But hey, it’s Gogs forum, Gogs rules, and there but for the grace of Gog go I.

Thank you to Julia for engaging with me on the subject.
new brain, who dis?
borisburke: I have been warned by the moderators and my trump ‘jokes’ have been deleted. Apparently I’m to avoid the subject of the Global Pandemic too (Which I don’t understand. Can someone explain that?).
They've learned from past experience that starting off conversation on topics such as government policy, international relations, race and gender issues, human rights, tends to ignite inflammatory and distressing dialogue which is difficult to contain once it's started. So it's a 'ounce of prevention worth a pound of cure' type thing.

On the one hand, it's sad that we've got to avoid voicing certain opinions because some indivuals have a volatile reaction to them.

On the other hand, if you want to change someone's mind probably there's better places to do it that a forum for talking about computer games.
ZFR: You really shouldn't take it personally. No one is voting you because they personally don't like you or your style; quite the opposite: you get much more leniency "That's just GR and it's his usual style - not alignment indicative". Had it been anyone else they'd have been lynched pretty much immediately.
I was actually talking not so much about that, but about the few comments(by one player) about my play style that seemed to be fully or mostly criticism of such....although looking back it seems it was likely just that user's way of playing and I took it too much to heart/too personally, so sorry for that.

(I just wish that one user could've maybe given me a few kind words on my play style now and then, is all)

ZFR: This community is very casual. A lot of things that would be an immediate policy lynch on other sites are overlooked here. Calling them '"by the book" town gotta "by the book"' is unfair to the people here.
Clarification: That was actually a side issue and not tied to the main issue(listed above).

Still, point taken. I was a bit grumpy at the time, and could've expressed my stances and feelings on the matter a bit better. So apologies all around, everyone.

+++

JoeSapphire: They've learned from past experience that starting off conversation on topics such as government policy, international relations, race and gender issues, human rights, tends to ignite inflammatory and distressing dialogue which is difficult to contain once it's started. So it's a 'ounce of prevention worth a pound of cure' type thing.
To be fair, I believe that policy went into effect back when we had no community moderators and less forum moderation staff to handle such things. Also from what i've heard the forum was much busier at that time and thus would have been much harder to moderate.

It is more likely they could handle such now(especially if contained to one forum section or even one thread), but with GOG being slow to move(if at all) or unwilling to change much, the chances of change on that front are rather unlikely I am guessing.
Post edited August 22, 2020 by GymHenson