It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

agentcarr16: However, during the most recent game, #34, Leonard managed to get a glimpse at my laptop screen while he was sneaking around the house, and he noticed who my partner-in-assassin-ry was. Well, that sorta messed things up, so that's why I ended up NKing him as the simplest solution.
That's not technically true..
You night killed him because in a totally unrelated coincidence Hunter used his Blackmail power to force you to do so (which really nicely tied up a loose end for the mods)
I wondered why you didn't claim this in the thread to prevent your lynch, but know I wonder if you even realised that was another players intervention and not just mod flavour for doing what was necessary...
bler144: But I'll let Wyrm tell that part of the story.
Too late!
Post edited January 22, 2016 by adaliabooks
agentcarr16: However, during the most recent game, #34, Leonard managed to get a glimpse at my laptop screen while he was sneaking around the house, and he noticed who my partner-in-assassin-ry was. Well, that sorta messed things up, so that's why I ended up NKing him as the simplest solution.
adaliabooks: That's not technically true..
You night killed him because in a totally unrelated coincidence Hunter used his Blackmail power to force you to do so (which really nicely tied up a loose end for the mods)
I wondered why you didn't claim this in the thread to prevent your lynch, but know I wonder if you even realised that was another players intervention and not just mod flavour for doing what was necessary...
Huh. Nope, didn't realize that was a player doing that. I thought it was flavour, though rather bizarre flavour. And then I died, so there wasn't much I could do about it.

Did Hunter force me to kill Leonard03? Or just force me to kill someone?
Post edited January 22, 2016 by agentcarr16
adaliabooks: That's not technically true..
agentcarr16: Huh. Nope, didn't realize that was a player doing that. I thought it was flavour, though rather bizarre flavour. And then I died, so there wasn't much I could do about it.

The former. It was a very bold move for N1, and came surprisingly close to paying off big for him for being so early.

FWIW, the part you didn't know is, even with you now targeting Leonard, we still would have had to modkill him except for two other lucky coincidences players had made.
agentcarr16: Leonard03 and I are brothers.
I'm going to guess that you are the older one?
trentonlf: I'm going to guess that you are the older one?
Correct on the first try.

Yes, as in biological brothers, living in the same house.
Whoa, now!
Plot twist!
Which one of you has the better sense of style?

Yes, as in biological brothers, living in the same house.
zeogold: Whoa, now!
Plot twist!
Me. Definitely. Notice the hat.
low rated
zeogold: Whoa, now!
Plot twist!
agentcarr16: Me. Definitely. Notice the hat.
Which one of you is the more Canadian of the two?
agentcarr16: Huh. Nope, didn't realize that was a player doing that. I thought it was flavour, though rather bizarre flavour. And then I died, so there wasn't much I could do about it.

Hunter had a one shot power, where he could request that a specific player take a specific type of action against another specific target (like he could request that someone be forced to kill someone else). For example, Hunter could have forced Leonard to cure Lift (or cure Hunter), and that would have been Leonard's action. However, if any of the pieces of Hunter's request were ineligible, then the request would have failed and Hunter's one shot would have been wasted.

The blackmail was Hunter forcing you to kill Leonard. I wouldn't have mod-hijacked your action like that; I was pretty much planning to mod-kill Leonard until Hunter made that request.

After Leonard was dead though, I finally planned to just prevent his revival by Trent until both you and Yog had flipped (using a special message, so that Trent might try again on a future night). Because of how events flowed naturally, it turned out to be a giant non-issue. Hunter hijacked your action to kill Leonard, Yogsloth was poisoned N1 (slated to die on Dawn 3), you got lynched Day 2, and so Leonard couldn't do anything until both of you were dead anyway.
Bookwyrm627: <snip>
Well, then that worked out perfectly. Lucky you!

agentcarr16: Me. Definitely. Notice the hat.
zeogold: Which one of you is the more Canadian of the two?
Me. Definitely. Notice the hat.

Wait. Did I say that already? The polar bear was distracting me.
We've hijacked the admin thread a bit, but the takeaway is that, for future games, everybody should at least be aware the two are brothers.

Now...other than hoping neither of them forgets and leaves a laptop open with the QT up in a public space or deliberately tries to hack the other's computer, is there much a mod or other players can do?

Probably not much. If Leonard hadn't of said anything we wouldn't have known, and in this case it would have turned out to not have impacted gameplay in any case because of some huge lucky breaks.
I actually played on a site where a really nasty scandal occurred....sort of similar.

A player had an alt and used it to get into the observer thread, regularly. This site would usually post all the game information in the dead thread. Simple matter of carefully playing so as to not raise suspicion.

After almost a year, one of the admins got wise and the jig was up.

I think they learned a lesson.
flubbucket: I actually played on a site where a really nasty scandal occurred....sort of similar.

A player had an alt and used it to get into the observer thread, regularly. This site would usually post all the game information in the dead thread. Simple matter of carefully playing so as to not raise suspicion.

Wow. o.o
I'm glad we don't seem to have any issues like that here.

-----

I'm done. Next mod up can get started whenever.
flubbucket: I actually played on a site where a really nasty scandal occurred....sort of similar.

Dang.

But that would remove all the fun! I'm not here to win, witness my last few games :-P
agentcarr16: Dang.

But that would remove all the fun! I'm not here to win, witness my last few games :-P
Just to look good? I'm presuming based on the hat.