It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

TwilightBard: OK, this is embarrassing. I was so hoping that I could be making an awesome return since I miss playing with everyone, but I ended up with a small problem that complicates things....melted computer, along with more. Just wanted to let people know that I'm still alive and intending to return, but it'll be a while longer.
Hopefully a new computer is in your future! I'm just hoping mine keeps working - mobo seems to be dying a slow death.

In the meanwhile, you can join our new "Fantasy Forum Mafia" league. I drafted Krypsyn and Trent.
Lifthrasil: <snip>
Bookwyrm627: *poke, poke* You okay out there?
Yes, thanks for asking. I just had to travel a bit for a family reason. But I'm back.
TwilightBard: OK, this is embarrassing. I was so hoping that I could be making an awesome return since I miss playing with everyone, but I ended up with a small problem that complicates things....melted computer, along with more. Just wanted to let people know that I'm still alive and intending to return, but it'll be a while longer.
Well that sounds exciting. You should be more careful what you use your laser vision on.
A suggestion about the problem of Day 1:
As things stand, people are reduced to random voting and running around like a bunch of headless chickens. You guys need to do something about this for future games to prevent stagnancy. To get around this, I say you shorten the first day substantially. If the days normally last for 5 days in real time, shorten the first one to 2 or 3 days. If any decent voting occurs at all, it will encourage people to get it over with as soon as possible. In addition to that, they can use whatever their day abilities are, if they have any. If nothing happens, it's alright because things move to night quickly and people can get to the action, so it's no real loss. On the next day, there will most definitely be leads since people will use their abilities, and THEN you return the day to its normal length.
Essentially, you're using D1 to ensure that people are active, understand their roles, and you can get a decent feel of how they're acting by any votes they make. As it stands, it's a bit of a drawn-out troll game/crapshoot. While this can be fun, it doesn't always work.
zeogold: etc.
This is me posting as myself, not related to any connection to/knowledge of the current game.

Some games is better/worse than others. I agree 6-7 days is longer than I'd prefer, but attendance here often dwindles over the weekend due to availability, and Sat-Sun deadlines are rare for that reason. The alternative probably would've been Friday. RW's last game had a D1 that lasted for 14 days. 6-7 is pretty typical.

The build-up of day 1, painful as it can be, is by and large to have more of a record going in to D2 - who thinks what, who said what, who might have slipped, who was on the wagon and why, who wasn't on the wagon, etc.

At some point, if you're going to have a D1 quite as short as 2 days, you might as well just skip D1 altogether or have the mod randomly kill someone. Could design a game that flips and starts with a full N0 with all actions open. But given the euro/N.A. split, it may take a full day for some players to even check in, or PM questions they have about their role, etc.

But, and this is very important, there is zero requirement that things just idle until the deadline approaches. If you want to move it along, make a case for no lynch, or for a particular player. Sitting back and letting everyone else (or the deadline) do the work, at least in the manner you stated, well...

Not to call you out in particular, nor to speak to the current game in particular, but less activity only makes the problem worse, imo. It's a game where movement derives from posting and making decisions from the information that falls out of everyone contributing to the soup. If no one is willing to put anything forward and prefers to turtle, then yes, it's going to get pretty dull.

This game also lacks a handful of the players who would tend to be most active out of the gate to push things along, so it's reliant on others to step out of their zones to push the action, and some people are actually out there trying, but 2-3 more would certainly help.

I will say that 2 of my 3 game designs include features specifically addressed to try and create D1 movement, but ultimately it's down to the players to make the effort to actually make it happen no matter what the mod does.
bler144: Hopefully a new computer is in your future! I'm just hoping mine keeps working - mobo seems to be dying a slow death.

In the meanwhile, you can join our new "Fantasy Forum Mafia" league. I drafted Krypsyn and Trent.
It is, along with new everything else, provided I remember to put it on this fucking insurance list. I just don't know when since I'm just going to build something by hand that's more powerful.

And what's this about fantasy mafia?
TwilightBard: And what's this about fantasy mafia?
You draft a team, and your fantasy players score points for getting NKs, lynching mafia, and making jokes about Hijack's partying.
http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/ricardo-medina-arrested-power-rangers-murder-1201680254/

Quick someone, we need a Power Rangers-themed mafia game!
bler144: http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/ricardo-medina-arrested-power-rangers-murder-1201680254/

I could totally host it. The Power Rangers were my childhood. I watched nearly every incarnation, and it's the origins of my username (I just now remembered upon hearing about the series again - the Zeo Gold Ranger).
Post edited January 15, 2016 by zeogold
bler144: http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/ricardo-medina-arrested-power-rangers-murder-1201680254/

zeogold: I could totally host it. The Power Rangers were my childhood. I watched nearly every incarnation, and it's the origins of my username (I just now remembered upon hearing about the series again - the Zeo Gold Ranger).
Hosting will require a multiple day commitment.

You can't quit hosting after One Day.... ;)
low rated
zeogold: I could totally host it. The Power Rangers were my childhood. I watched nearly every incarnation, and it's the origins of my username (I just now remembered upon hearing about the series again - the Zeo Gold Ranger).
TheGOGfather: Hosting will require a multiple day commitment.

You can't quit hosting after One Day.... ;)
I'd stay committed for hosting. PLAYING, on the other hand, is a different subject. With the former, if anybody gets excessively salty, I can always just modkill 'em.
Absolute power is kinda sweet.
I like the idea of quelling the unruliness rather than getting said unruliness directed at me. As I've said before, I'm not here to make enemies (outside of the scammers whose hitlists I'm already on).
I'm not here to make friends.

However I'm fairly certain an opportunity to mod a game could come around someday.
You may upgrade my contact status to - "contact if in need of a replacement"
Still don't want to regularly play - vowed to play more games this year, but will help in a pinch.