It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

In the interest of not getting modkilled, I'll investigate the room the skeletons came out of.
I will then continue down the tunnel.
RedFireGaming: In the interest of not getting modkilled, I'll investigate the room the skeletons came out of.
I will then continue down the tunnel.
the skelly room is the room i mean just so Doc knows
aRealCyborg: the skelly room is the room i mean just so Doc knows
I'm very happy to have a companion. I'd hate to go in there alone.
aRealCyborg: ok so I will go though the open door then
After my bugbear, please. I have already sent my summoned creature through, just to make sure that the ward is really gone, and if that reaches the next room safely, we can follow together.
** TURN 4 **

Southern main tunnel:

70 - Thras - Dwarven Mage sends his Bugbear through the wreckage of the door, it pauses to sniff the air before continuing into the room.
(I didn't include you throwing a stone at the door as there is no door left).

48 - Babargh - Dwarven Cleric peeks into the room that his Ball of Holy Light just smited. Rusty weapons dropped by the skeletons litter the floor among their bones and at the end of the room is a large stone table with several potions on top. You also see a large shield leaning against the table and a glowing mace on top.
He then moves up to the formerly warded room, His Globe of Protection filling him with confidence. He looks inside.

78 - Cervello - Drow Battlemage hands 2 - SmartyFartBlart - Human Paladin a healing potion, most out of character for a Drow.

72 - Darrim - Dwarf Warrior shows an interest in the first door on the left, debating whether to open it or not.

28 - Triock Ulagolor - Elven Paladin moves to the door on the left, past the trapdoor. He notices that the door is slightly ajar, then with shield raised opens the door. He sees a small dark corridor with a door at the end that has been left open.

43 - Svartalf - Dwarven Battlemage moves to look in the room on the right that had the warded door. He sees a Bugbear in the middle of the room scratching itself inappropriately. In the center of the room is a stone altar with two candles, one on either end, and a goblet sitting in the middle.
As you walk in the room you can see a sarcophagus to your left and another to your right.

78 - Cervello - Drow Battlemage moves to the last door on the left that he just saw the Elven Paladin open.

9 - Max, son of Fulvus - Dwarven Thief walks into the formerly warded room while checking for traps. *rolls dice* while he can't see any traps there is something odd about the altar up ahead. It doesn't sit quite right.

2 - SmartyFartBlart - Human Paladin thanks the Drow for his potion and moves to the entrance of the formerly warded door.

52 - Roark - Elven Druid sends his Giant Spider into the room that was warded. He then moves to the first room that the skeletons came out of.

30 - Kyp - Dwarf Ranger checks the walls for anything of interest before entering the room that the skeletons were in.*rolls dice* The room is devoid of life and you sense no danger. You also see the stone table at the end of the room with several potions on top. There is a large shield leaning against the table and a glowing mace on top.

41 - Zayd ibn Yasin - Human Ranger - checks the trapdoor area again (and the remains plus dead wights) and finds nothing of interest. He returns to the main corridor and stands ready for action, itching to move up the tunnel.
Post edited October 07, 2019 by Doc0075
** TURN 4 **

Southern side tunnel:

The loot is split between:
5 - Dunward - Human Mage - dagger +2 vs undead, 1 healing potion
15 - Says Beldarion - Human Warrior - belt of protection from piercing,1 potion of cure disease
22 - Kip - Halfling Brigand - 1 cure disease potion
29 - Og'rialt - Dwarf Brigand - 2 healing potions, one-handed axe with an ice rune set in the blade
35 - Aslain Melemir - Elven Thief - longbow +2 damage
Each receives two emeralds.

69 - Rudy - Human Ranger checks the orc he killed for loot. He finds a couple of silver coins but nothing of interest. He then moves through the adjoining corridor, passing a Drow and Paladin, into the main tunnel to check the trapdoor and what is behind it.
Apart from old bones, he finds nothing of note.

The companions move down the tunnel in this formation.
At the front are 15 - Says Beldarion - Human Warrior and 35 - Aslain Melemir - Elven Thief
In the middle 29 - Og'rialt - Dwarf Brigand
at the back 5 - Dunward - Human Mage and 22 - Kip - Halfling Brigand

They pass a dead Orc, noticing a door open to their right. There is nothing of note on the orc.

35 - Aslain Melemir - Elven Thief checks for traps as he moves.

59 - Cicatrix - Drow Ranger moves stealthily along the tunnel. She can see a group of adventurers a good distance ahead of her and follows.

The group picks up the scent of decaying flesh approaching ahead. There is also the faint sound of cackling laughter way off in the distance.
I want to take 1 potion and take the mace.

30- Kyp, Dwarf Ranger
Post edited October 08, 2019 by aRealCyborg
Hmmm... Either the DM missed some detail or Og'rialt traps are very poorly crafted.

Nevermind, it seems there's some action ahead of us.
Lone_Scout: Hmmm... Either the DM missed some detail or Og'rialt traps are very poorly crafted.

Nevermind, it seems there's some action ahead of us.
The Drow Ranger avoided the trap, I had rolled earlier to see but didn't add that to the update.
I have a look around in the room beyond the former ward that my Bugbear just scouted and see whether there is anything lootable.
Og'rialt keeps his chain in hand, but the axe slung in such a way through his belt that he can swap weapons at a moment's notice.

Doc0075: The group picks up the scent of decaying flesh approaching ahead. There is also the faint sound of cackling laughter way off in the distance.
"Bother, my friends! We heard that sound of cackling before, when the chains were pulled, but then it distinctly sounded as if it came from the main corridor. I'm guessing these two corridors stay connected, and will arrive at the same destination. I don't like these signs of what's ahead one bit, but I like the idea of going back even less."

"I propose we look around for any potential ambush spots, but if we don't find any, we practice a maneuver to be executed if we spot enemies approaching down the corridor, whereby Beldarion swiftly moves a step ahead and kneels down, Aslain moves aside to stand behind Beldarion so he is sheltered by him and can attack over Beldarion's head with his longbow, me and Kip stand behind the two of them (ready to rush forward), and leave the other side of the corridor free of barriers, so that Dunward can lob one (or if necessary, more!) fireballs down the corridor without any risk. (Even if they explode nearby, Beldarion's immunity should shelter Aslain from the worst of it.) Once Dunward has fired off all the fireballs he deems wise, he can call out for me and Kip to swiftly move forward along the free side of the corridor to stand alongside Beldarion, maybe bolstered by a Magic Shield from Dunward if the approaching enemy seems to warrant it?"

"If you agree with this approach, let's practice the movements a few times so we can execute them flawlessly when we really need them, and otherwise keep moving forward as we are!"

Og'rialt then launches into a tale of a very similar maneuver which earned him great glory during the Troubles, in a corridor nearly as narrow which connected the Delver's armory with the Great Hall.
Post edited October 07, 2019 by gogtrial34987
"I'm with you, Og'rialt. I like that plan."

I ready my bow with an arrow pointing forward, ready to be sent flying at any time (if it's possible I light the tip with the fire from my torch).
22 - Kip - Halfling Brigand - Southern side tunnel

gogtrial34987: "I propose we look around for any potential ambush spots . . .
An ambush idea: Everyone except Kip hide in the side tunnel. Kip will launch a slingstone blindly into the tunnel ahead, hoping that the enemies will at least be illuminated by the mini-fireball (ideally damaging them too), also hopefully alerting them to his position. Once he gets their attention, he will slowly retreat backwards (launching fireball slingstones as he goes) and when they pass the side-tunnel the rest of the party can ambush them from the side. What do you all think?

One thing missing from this plan is a contingency if Kip's shots reveal no enemies. Should we wait or advance?

gogtrial34987: . . . we practice a maneuver to be executed if we spot enemies approaching down the corridor, whereby Beldarion swiftly moves a step ahead and kneels down, Aslain moves aside to stand behind Beldarion so he is sheltered by him and can attack over Beldarion's head with his longbow, me and Kip stand behind the two of them (ready to rush forward), and leave the other side of the corridor free of barriers, so that Dunward can lob one (or if necessary, more!) fireballs down the corridor without any risk. (Even if they explode nearby, Beldarion's immunity should shelter Aslain from the worst of it.) Once Dunward has fired off all the fireballs he deems wise, he can call out for me and Kip to swiftly move forward along the free side of the corridor to stand alongside Beldarion, maybe bolstered by a Magic Shield from Dunward if the approaching enemy seems to warrant it?"
Kip much prefers using his magical sling, he will resort to melee as a last resort. As far as the above plan is concerned, I would prefer Kip to join Dunward in the fireballing, rather than join Og'rialt & Beldarion on the frontline. Kip is short enough that Dunward should be able to cast over his head without problems. Once melee occurs, Kip can switch out his sling and attack with his spear.
Darrim inspects the first door on the left trying to perceive any danger from the door itself or awaiting on the other side and decides to open it in case of nothing suspicious detected.
SFP - Human Paladin
Main Hallway

I assume Babargh should take the shield, or are you using a 2h by some odd chance?

Things to do:
1) Loot skeleton room (which Kyp already started)
2) The warded room has the stone altar with the candles. Seems to be a puzzle, perhaps? Possibly trapped?
3) Sarcophagi
4) Door on left leads to dark hallway and a far door - connects to side corridor/other group it seems?
5) Main hallway

As a paladin, I'm leery of messing with dark altars. More inclined to smite whatever undead foe lies in the sarcophagi. Interested in the shield if Babargh doesn't want it.