It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Populous

I'm puzzled, there is Populous, Populous II, and Populous: The Beginning.

Is that a cunning plot to confuse the buyer, or are they 3 different games?
And if so, which is Populous #1 - The Beginning, or not The Beginning?

Confused.....
zenwan: Populous

Confused.....
Plain ol' Populous is the first game. The Beginning is Populous 3.

Confused.....
Populous: The Beginning is the 3rd game, the naming is indeed confusing.

Have a look here for more infos:

http://www.mobygames.com/search/quick?q=populous

Confused.....
Ophelium: Plain ol' Populous is the first game. The Beginning is Populous 3.
Ah, thank you for the information, that is most helpful.

Confused.....
Impaler26: Populous: The Beginning is the 3rd game, the naming is indeed confusing.

Have a look here for more infos:

http://www.mobygames.com/search/quick?q=populous
Thank you very much for the prompt reply, and the help. I'll check out that link. Strange naming indeed.

+1's for both of you, and of course for the previous helpful posts answering my earlier query, this is such a helpful forum.
Post edited March 14, 2015 by zenwan
low rated
Momo1991: Fuck you Momo(yes I am stooping to your level) Enjoy and respond to that with some semblance of intelligence, something you sorely lack when intoxicated with wine and hormones (sorry other people I love, this is personal and I will go for the throat when threatened by a fuckwit who blocks me and lies and does not care for the reprisal). Momo you have been a fucking overbearing fucktard on these forums for a long time and completely lacking rationality (yeah I do that too!) and until there is a block feature and you wish to bring up issues from 3 months ago, that had been left to lie, I honestly could not give a shit about you and your ovearbearing bullshit! I won't stoop to bringing up personal shit(your son is a great topic if you wish to challenge my partner existing - apple, tree, etc) and I'd love to say a massive FUCK YOU to your obviously shitty existence if you wish to continue this...
Tarnicus: (read on)

I've really enjoyed these forums and the majority of interaction I have had here, and your idiotic attacks out of the blue, months after our little tiff, have me wanting to say a massive fuck you for bothering to type the shit you have. Sorry my friends who have generally seen the nicer side of me, and I appreciate all the PMs to say "yeah fuck Momo" but I honestly couldn't be bothered maintaining decorum in public with someone who wishes to be a fuckwit. Introduce a block feature, problem solved, otherwise when my inner psycho rises, I will say a massive "fuck you" publicly and move on. Heh Momo, can I mention your son if you want to pull the bitchy personal attack cards? yeah nuff said, no need for details, those words alone are the equivalent of your attack on me and Thea for our lifestyle and position. Keep on living off your wealthy partner, such is the way of life eh?:D
Btw, my son is now gainfully employed as a developer and actually earning more than I am currently. I stood by him as I stood by you until you turned into a witch-hunter and told me I should not be kind to others less fortunate than I... I knew that he just needed time and love and support to find his way. Apparently your parents are less than loving and supportive - deal with it like most of the world does and has - it's no excuse at your age. Mine cut me off at 18 so don't give me your bullshit about how you were unloved and can't seem to get it together. I have managed to support myself, a child and an "artist", who like you, felt the world owed him a living. I owned a house, had my own business and in my old age have reinvented myself with a second career while you have had exactly none - so take your fuck-you comments and shove them up your walkabout ass.

As to my employment, I am working to build a second career - yes, my husband earns more than me - shall we discuss the state of the world wherein men are paid more for their work than women equally as qualified? Funny, I don't think you want to go there but then you don't even have a job, "Mr. I Can Leech Off The Government AND Go Walkabout When Ever I Want". Seriously, Tarnicus, I went back to school to learn a new trade and I am currently doing that new trade and earning a living at it - I would have done fine with or without a husband.

So tell us all- is Thea financing your walkabout? How about I keep harping on the fact that you are living off the government dole being "disabled" or living off your girlfriend? Grow the fuck up already... You say you are in this thread to have fun but I suggest you are here to rub other people's noses in the fact that you have it better than them - even to the point of buying expensive games to gift as a means to up your rep. You don't really have any kind of happy life so the GOG forum is your way of getting off - either by means of "scammer- hunting" or by gifting newcomers so they think you are some kind of god. Well here's the thing - you are not some kind of god - you will crap on people that called you a friend at a moment's notice, you will hunt down others if your "scammer/leecher" alert gets set off by the slightest touch and you will make most people feel badly when you talk about going "walkabout" while your government pays to support your "life-style" but have exactly zero clue why everyone thinks you are a complete shit-head.

Grow up and get a job like the rest of us. Oh and I am done discussing this with you. And if it wasn't clear, so are the rest of everyone here that you haven't bribed with free games. Go back to the bush with your new sat-phone and get lost. We will all breath a sign of relief once you are gone :-p

Get at least one clue, Tarnicus. One.
high rated
I just logged on, thought I'd check this thread first.

Wish I hadn't.

Think I'll log out now, and play Banished instead. :-)
high rated
I'm very new to these forums, and have no idea what is going on, I did enjoy this thread even though it went a little haywire. But I guess you can't always keep things light and fun, people are people, and trying to control them is like herding cats.

I am still grateful for the help I received here, and happy to have got to know some of you a little.

As to the rights and wrongs of this argument / discussion, I obviously can't comment at all, except to add this:

“The truth isn't easily pinned to a page. In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap and much more
difficult to find.”

― Terry Pratchett, Sourcery
high rated
Preface: I am new to the forums, lured here by the insomnia sale as many others have been. I don't know any of you beyond a couple words or gift codes exchanged. I found the vibe here so fun and positive and generous -- and I was surprised given the amount of trolling and hate and pointless immature animosity so often found on the internet.

Anyway, I was upset upon seeing the rise of a conflict in this thread. Again, I do not know Momo or Tarnicus, nor do I have much of an idea of the roots of their issues beyond what has been made public here. I do not wish to get involved at all, it is not my place, it is not my way, but since the argument was made public, the public are therefore in some way affected by it, thus part of it. I do not wish to defend Momo or Tarnicus, nor do I wish to vilify either...

...but there was one thing I felt the need to express.

Your (you, the reader, whoever you are right now) experience is not universal. You may find it easy to go out into the world and conquer it. Others may not. You may find it a natural thing to engage the people around you, to charge them up as they in turn charge you up. Others may not. Some people may have a difficult time being around others, making decisions, taking charge of their life, etc. Some of this is perhaps biology. Much of it is likely rooted in childhood: if your parents do not give you the proper tools by which to live and thrive in this world, it becomes that much harder to do even some of the so-called simple things everyone else takes for granted.

As someone who has lived with mental illness his whole life, I am tired (so tired!) of the common view of "I have my shit together, why can't you stop being a pussy and get your shit together?" or "I can just go and do it, so you should be able to, too." Can you say to a schizophrenic, "I don't hear 20 telephones ringing in the other room, so you shouldn't either."? A bit more extreme example, maybe, but I think the analogy works. But yes, at a certain age, we have to take responsibility for ourselves (assuming the absence of any *severely* debilitating issues), despite our failings. I just wish the healthy-seeming and well-adjusted-seeming would understand that the effort for some of us is just that much greater, and may ALWAYS be greater despite our best efforts to change ourselves for the better.

Everyone's experience with this thing called life is completely unique. We cannot necessarily expect from others what we expect from ourselves.

Ugh, am I rambling? Does this all make sense or have I lost the trail of whatever point I was trying to make?

And, perhaps more importantly: will I regret posting this?
ymerejsasnak: Preface: I am new to the forums, lured here by the insomnia sale as many others have been. I don't know any of you
<snip>
Everyone's experience with this thing called life is completely unique. We cannot necessarily expect from others what we expect from ourselves.
Welcome to the GOG forums, glad to see the Insomnia sale lured you to GOG. :)

Your post seems to be well intentioned and from the heart and I too agree everyone's experience and journey is unique as are the other things that make us individual. I can't think of any reason why someone would want to make you feel regret for sharing some positive thoughts and philosophy. We could probably all use more of that in our lives both on and off GOG forums.

Anyhow, welcome to the pack. :)
ymerejsasnak:
No, you're not rambling. And sure hope you won't regret it, because it needs to be said far more... If anything, your message was still far too lenient towards the "well-adjusted-seeming" and these demands they make.
ymerejsasnak: As someone who has lived with mental illness his whole life, I am tired (so tired!) of the common view of "I have my shit together, why can't you stop being a pussy and get your shit together?" or "I can just go and do it, so you should be able to, too." Can you say to a schizophrenic, "I don't hear 20 telephones ringing in the other room, so you shouldn't either."? A bit more extreme example, maybe, but I think the analogy works. But yes, at a certain age, we have to take responsibility for ourselves (assuming the absence of any *severely* debilitating issues), despite our failings. I just wish the healthy-seeming and well-adjusted-seeming would understand that the effort for some of us is just that much greater, and may ALWAYS be greater despite our best efforts to change ourselves for the better.

Sometimes people say such things not because they're looking down on the other person, sometimes they are undermining their own accomplishments. While I was in high school, I was hospitalized twice for depression, the second time the police had to take me to the hospital. At that time, it was hard to concentrate on anything and I didn't understand why I was having trouble with things that seemed so simple. The longer it went on, the harder it was to deal with. That was a long time ago though and while I have recovered, I still find it tough to deal with certain things.

With that said, when I say "If I can do it, anyone can", I'm not intending to berate the other person, it's just I don't consider myself "superman" for lack of a better word. However, I do try and let the other person know that I'm not berating them. I do understand that dealing with problems can be tough and each person won't handle the problem the same way. That doesn't mean I don't understand the seriousness of the issue though, especially where mental illnesses are involved. While I recovered from mine, my best friend wasn't so fortunate with his as he took his own life 4 years ago.
high rated
I'll ask one more time of the two people whom I both like and think well of on this forum - please let this thread remain civil. If you have an argument with each other that originated elsewhere, I would appreciate if it stays there and doesn't spill across other threads.

This thread is about the camaraderie, fun, and shared pleasure of the Insomnia sale. It is also a thread maintaining the tradition of Insomnia, which is welcoming new members to the GOG fold who have gotten to experience some of the best of this community for the first time in said sale.

This on-going argument is not serving anyone's interest, nor is it a benefit to the community. I am not trying to censor either of you; I am merely asking that you keep it in whatever forum it originated in, instead of dragging it like a rotting carcass through the center of town.

Sorry for the distasteful metaphor, but I want newcomers to understand that this is not the norm for GOG society.
ymerejsasnak: ...
Well deserved high rating for you post. Thanks.
IAmSinistar: ...
Signed.
Post edited March 16, 2015 by toxicTom
So I guess there is no moderation in these forums?

And I'm getting too much sleep lately. Where was the Friday the 13th sale? The Pi Day sale? The Ides of March sale?
Just throwing something out there to get a bit back on topic and maybe lighten the mood:

The Insomnia sale was quite misleading in its title! My sleep patterns were hardly affected by it at all.

But now, now that I have Terraria (and a handful of other games), the true insomnia has begun, and I do not know when it will end. :)

(Also thanks to those who had kind words or posted their own take on what I wrote above)