It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I know this isn't a political thread but since today's International Women's Day I thought I'd post this tidbit I found online, for all fans of women and Doctor WHO:

Delia Derbyshire.

Popular music today is dominated by electronic music and engineering. But, in 1962, most of the world hadn’t heard any electronic music at all. Then Delia Derbyshire came along. In 1962, Derbyshire recorded a score by Ron Grainer that would go on to be the original theme music for the BBC’s Doctor Who. As The BBC’s Andrew Harrison puts it, “[the Dr. Who theme song is] possibly the most important electronic music ever made… It is not too much to say that it triggered the modern era in popular music just as much as The Beatles did.”

And it’s that theme music that would essentially introduce the world to this game-changing music. She also composed and recorded other music, including with White Noise, one of the world’s earliest electronic bands.

The original Doctor Who theme
phaolo: Argh, Cognition again.. does anyone think that it's very good? That price is tempting!
Did you get buy Cognition yet?
Crewdroog: *calmly and slowly approaches blakstar and hold out a tablet with a link*

touch it!

*eyes go wide in anticipation*
blakstar: AAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!! NOOOOOO!!!!! KILL IT! KILL IT!!! WITH FIRE! AND POINTY STICKS!!!!!!! :-D
I just imagine them singing that with a mouth that's covered in blood in between absentmindedly gnawing on the arm they just hacksawed off of someone who's still alive, chained to a table and screaming.
phaolo: Argh, Cognition again.. does anyone think that it's very good? That price is tempting!
I think it's very good. Just sit tight during the first episode, it's tough going. Ep 2 is when things really get moving, couldn't stop playing :)
Also, very interesting game mechanic wtih the "cognition". Also: gore. Also also: bugs :(
Post edited March 09, 2015 by WildHobgoblin
I have a new reason to love Insomnia - I never, EVER realized that "AVGN" was "Angry Video Game Nerd." Yes, you can call me an idiot.

Funny part. This is the second time this has happened to me.
PabloEscobar: You sure about that? Have you seen my luggage? :)
toxicTom: Is it this one?
Damn I love these books aswell their cover art =)
Post edited March 09, 2015 by The_Blog
ElTerprise: That sounds great. I'll try it out.
toxicTom: Get the English originals. The translations aren't bad per se, but a lot of the word plays get lost.
This is true.

Terry Pratchett is very punny. If you get a translated book, you will miss half the jokes. Not that that's a bad thing, mind... some of the jokes are very, very bad. Which is why I can't stop reading his books.
toxicTom: Btw,what about the Borg?
JDelekto: Like Swedish chef, "Borg Borg Borg!"? :)
Smörebröd?
Crewdroog: *calmly and slowly approaches blakstar and hold out a tablet with a link*

touch it!

*eyes go wide in anticipation*
blakstar: AAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!! NOOOOOO!!!!! KILL IT! KILL IT!!! WITH FIRE! AND POINTY STICKS!!!!!!! :-D
*laughs maniacally, throws tablet at blakstar, then runs out open door*

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A-hahahaha!
My personal favourite are definitly the city guards.
But the witches are cool too and Rincewind is always a nice character to read about.

/EDIT: We shouldn't forget Death ^^
Post edited March 09, 2015 by The_Blog
The game is cheaper at chechyourPM.com
My first crit in two days
Ragnarblackmane: I know this isn't a political thread but since today's International Women's Day I thought I'd post this tidbit I found online, for all fans of women and Doctor WHO:

Delia Derbyshire.

Popular music today is dominated by electronic music and engineering. But, in 1962, most of the world hadn’t heard any electronic music at all. Then Delia Derbyshire came along. In 1962, Derbyshire recorded a score by Ron Grainer that would go on to be the original theme music for the BBC’s Doctor Who. As The BBC’s Andrew Harrison puts it, “[the Dr. Who theme song is] possibly the most important electronic music ever made… It is not too much to say that it triggered the modern era in popular music just as much as The Beatles did.”

And it’s that theme music that would essentially introduce the world to this game-changing music. She also composed and recorded other music, including with White Noise, one of the world’s earliest electronic bands.

I have never seen any episode of Doctor WHO, but this song is familiar, maybe it was remade by Orbital...
Crewdroog: *laughs maniacally, throws tablet at blakstar, then runs out open door*

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A-hahahaha!
*points at titanium chains on your ankles attached to JCB in the rubber room
ElTerprise: I try to do this as uch as possible anyway. But i keep that in mind.
Matruchus: You can get originals here without shipping costs: http://www.bookdepository.com/Colour-Magic-Terry-Pratchett/9780552124751
Thank you for that link but i try get it from my local library first. It's better for my wallet :).
Ragnarblackmane: I know this isn't a political thread but since today's International Women's Day I thought I'd post this tidbit I found online, for all fans of women and Doctor WHO:

Delia Derbyshire.

Love her. Check out The Dreams if you can find it. I think there are clips on youtube. Good stuff if you are into that sort of thing.