It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

toxicTom: Is it this one?
ElTerprise: Is that from the Discworld?
Anyone get the number of that Donkey Cart?
HunchBluntley: I'm not sure how much cost has to do with it. GOG has already stated quite bluntly that none of the big movie studios wants to be the first to try selling DRM-free digital-download films; add to that the problems others have mentioned with regional distribution, and you can start to see why GOG still only has tiny little indie films, many of which have been free to watch on YouTube.
skeletonbow: Got a link to GOG stating that? Just curious because I watched a GOG TwitchTV broadcast in which Marcin Iwinski stated that they have hollywood studios willing to try DRM-free for some of their content but they do not have worldwide distribution rights. Said they're willing to offer GOG certain titles if they will accept regional distribution where they're able to offer it. Marcin then put the question out to customers "Would you guys be ok with having regional distribution of movies since there is no precedence either way for movies on GOG?" <paraphrase>

He asked for people to comment about it, and I don't know what the results of that were but when I read the forums any time I see anyone talk about regional linked content - regardless of the legal or other reasons why such content might be regional-only, people get very very upset and angry and don't want to see it here.

So, from what I've seen said so far it sounds like there is no chance of real movies or TV Shows ever coming to GOG.com due to highly vocal customers rejecting outright the regional distribution of content en-masse, and it being next to impossible to secure worldwide distribution rights of that content. Basically, what is actually possible to do, and what people demand be the case are perpetually irreconcilable, at least on GOG.com.

All is not lost though, GOG.com's parent company CD Projekt already sells all kinds of stuff in Poland that they do not sell on GOG.com, including Steam games ( http://cdp.pl ), so perhaps CD Projekt could open up a brand new subsidiary "GOM.com" (Good Old Movies) or something to sell movies under whatever terms they're able to get them DRM-free and start a new business model there without any pre-existing expectations. I'm sure many GOG customers who are aware of the complex legal issues in the movie distribution world and are willing to accept regionally licensed content rather than not have any content at all, would be willing to support such product offerings.

Unless a future Twitch.TV with Marcin suggests that things are moving forward positive on the Hollywood front though, I have my serious doubts we will ever see such video content available on GOG, although I'd love to be proven wrong on that for sure.
This makes me very, very sad.

So, because some people won't be able to get some movies, NO ONE is allowed to get them?

Tha hell is this, COMMUNISM??? I'll have NO part of THAT, good sir!

Haven't these people ever heard of baby steps? Based on what you say they said - I know, I know... not exactly a legal document - it seems big Hollywood studios are at least trying to take some baby steps towards proper digital movie distribution.

Baby steps, people... all or nothing is a cool dream when you're a teenager, but things just don't work that way. Somebody has to take a risk at first, & if everybody shuts down the idea right away, it'll never happen.

Bring on the movies - I got your back, GOG... *I* will deal with these people.
phaolo: Argh, Cognition again.. does anyone think that it's very good? That price is tempting!
It's not at the level of Lucasarts games but it is definitly worth way more than the discounted price.
blakstar: *is not particularly worried since his avatar knows what evil's lurking around here* :-D
toxicTom: Btw,what about the Borg?
Well... I was a Borg, but I managed to escape, and change my avatar :-P
ElTerprise: That sounds great. I'll try it out.
toxicTom: Get the English originals. The translations aren't bad per se, but a lot of the word plays get lost.
Yeah, originals are always the best.
xep624: Oh that one - it was one of my first movies in the cinema, I think I was 10 or 11... Didn't get all the jokes and references to Star Wars at that time but the comedy was great - I guess I have to watch it again ...
toxicTom: The nice thing is, under all the tomfoolery there is a great deal of wisdom hidden. "Now is now..."
OK, I will definitely watch it carefully again! Not many comedies can combine good laughs and good message together - I read in a movie magazine that comedy is a very hard genre - ever reviewer will pick at it and give it rather low score, you can "never" get an Oscar for comedy and usually people quickly forget abut the movie, however every year there are many comedy movies being released and most of them bring profit ...
I'm only here in spirit since I'm not waiting for any more games.

However, I am waiting to see if anything unusual pops up at the end.

or if the sale just fades away to a collective sigh of relief that it's finally over...
Oh, I go off for a bit and Age of Wonders 3 is still there. :(
We're down to one "stream" of games for the foreseeable future.

And I predict the next game will be...

Not a game - a movie - AVGN!
Crewdroog: *hides in dark corner of rubber room and giggles to self*
blakstar: *is not particularly worried since his avatar knows what evil's lurking around here* :-D
*calmly and slowly approaches blakstar and hold out a tablet with a link*

touch it!

*eyes go wide in anticipation*
ElTerprise: That sounds great. I'll try it out.
toxicTom: Get the English originals. The translations aren't bad per se, but a lot of the word plays get lost.
I try to do this as uch as possible anyway. But i keep that in mind.
toxicTom: Btw,what about the Borg?
Like Swedish chef, "Borg Borg Borg!"? :)
Crewdroog: *calmly and slowly approaches blakstar and hold out a tablet with a link*

touch it!

*eyes go wide in anticipation*
AAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!! NOOOOOO!!!!! KILL IT! KILL IT!!! WITH FIRE! AND POINTY STICKS!!!!!!! :-D
ElTerprise: I try to do this as uch as possible anyway. But i keep that in mind.
You can get originals here without shipping costs: http://www.bookdepository.com/Colour-Magic-Terry-Pratchett/9780552124751
ElTerprise: I try to do this as uch as possible anyway. But i keep that in mind.
I second that. There is too much word play to be able to properly translate. And it's a great series to be hooked on.
skeletonbow: Got a link to GOG stating that? Just curious because I watched a GOG TwitchTV broadcast in which Marcin Iwinski stated that they have hollywood studios willing to try DRM-free for some of their content but they do not have worldwide distribution rights. Said they're willing to offer GOG certain titles if they will accept regional distribution where they're able to offer it. Marcin then put the question out to customers "Would you guys be ok with having regional distribution of movies since there is no precedence either way for movies on GOG?" <paraphrase>

He asked for people to comment about it, and I don't know what the results of that were but when I read the forums any time I see anyone talk about regional linked content - regardless of the legal or other reasons why such content might be regional-only, people get very very upset and angry and don't want to see it here.

So, from what I've seen said so far it sounds like there is no chance of real movies or TV Shows ever coming to GOG.com due to highly vocal customers rejecting outright the regional distribution of content en-masse, and it being next to impossible to secure worldwide distribution rights of that content. Basically, what is actually possible to do, and what people demand be the case are perpetually irreconcilable, at least on GOG.com.

All is not lost though, GOG.com's parent company CD Projekt already sells all kinds of stuff in Poland that they do not sell on GOG.com, including Steam games ( http://cdp.pl ), so perhaps CD Projekt could open up a brand new subsidiary "GOM.com" (Good Old Movies) or something to sell movies under whatever terms they're able to get them DRM-free and start a new business model there without any pre-existing expectations. I'm sure many GOG customers who are aware of the complex legal issues in the movie distribution world and are willing to accept regionally licensed content rather than not have any content at all, would be willing to support such product offerings.

Unless a future Twitch.TV with Marcin suggests that things are moving forward positive on the Hollywood front though, I have my serious doubts we will ever see such video content available on GOG, although I'd love to be proven wrong on that for sure.
Dalthnock: This makes me very, very sad.

So, because some people won't be able to get some movies, NO ONE is allowed to get them?

Tha hell is this, COMMUNISM??? I'll have NO part of THAT, good sir!

Haven't these people ever heard of baby steps? Based on what you say they said - I know, I know... not exactly a legal document - it seems big Hollywood studios are at least trying to take some baby steps towards proper digital movie distribution.

Baby steps, people... all or nothing is a cool dream when you're a teenager, but things just don't work that way. Somebody has to take a risk at first, & if everybody shuts down the idea right away, it'll never happen.

Bring on the movies - I got your back, GOG... *I* will deal with these people.
Well why do you think the DVD and Blu-ray system has different codes for different regions? That's why some people are not going to watch certain TV Shows..... Or they will be ale to bu hem once they will be released in the region. That's why I had to wait for Sons of Anarchy Season 4 and 5 for a very long time...