It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The reward tiers are VERY generous. The digital version is $10, but the next tier includes the original game and all of its DLC for just $14. Going off of the standard price, buying the original game and all of its DLC on GOG would set you back $25. This is nearly half that price AND includes the new game. For someone who never bought the first game, the $14 tier is a no-brainer.
Sorry to double-post, but my monthly Kickstarter review article for the month of September is now live!
I hope you all enjoy and that you discover a new project worthy of your time.
I look forward to your feedback!
Psilocybe Games, the folks behind Balthazar's Dream, have a KS coming on September 5th for their new game Artificer. Not much detail on it yet, but presumably it will get a DRM-free release like the previous title.
Luminous Plume

They are going to try to get onto GOG, and are promising to try to do a DRM-free release if they don't make it here. They have a downloadable demo as well.
Tekkaman-James: The reward tiers are VERY generous. The digital version is $10, but the next tier includes the original game and all of its DLC for just $14. Going off of the standard price, buying the original game and all of its DLC on GOG would set you back $25. This is nearly half that price AND includes the new game. For someone who never bought the first game, the $14 tier is a no-brainer.
I messaged Ekuator to ask about which platform the games would come on - the campaign just says at the Squire level, you get Old North + DLC, but doesn't mention platform. They got back to me. If you buy any level that includes Old North + DLC, you will receive keys for both GOG and Steam!
Attachments:
ekuator.jpg (56 Kb)
Post edited September 01, 2017 by hummer010
hummer010: I messaged Ekuator to ask about which platform the games would come on - the campaign just says at the Squire level, you get Old North + DLC, but doesn't mention platform. They got back to me. If you buy any level that includes Old North + DLC, you will receive keys for both GOG and Steam!
Excellent! Signed up for the Knight tier.
Tokyo Dark, a gorgeous point-and-click adventure/horror game that I covered in my monthly Kickstarter review series back in June of 2015, is finally launching on Steam next week. Unfortunately, according to their most recent project update, the DRM-Free version has had to be delayed. Here is what they had to say:
For those of you who opted for a non-Steam version unfortunately we heard some disappointing news that the platform we had hoped to release on feels that Tokyo Dark has too much in common with Japanese visual novels (well it is a visual novel / adventure game hybrid) and as such does not suit their current store policy of no VNs.
I applaud the developers for not mentioning "the platform we had hoped to release on", but we all know they're talking about GOG. The thing I don't understand is why GOG gives developers these obtuse excuses for rejecting their games. We have both Hatoful Boyfriend games here, which are straight visual novels, as well as the visual novel/puzzle hybrid game Hunie Pop. If the reason GOG gave for rejecting this game is true, why are these three games allowed to be here? Tokyo Dark is far more of a point-and-click game than it is a visual novel. With how many point-and-click games are here, you would think GOG would love to add this game to the library...especially with how beautiful it looks.

I understand that GOG won't carry every game that I like, but it still doesn't keep me from scratching my head from time to time.
Post edited September 03, 2017 by Tekkaman-James
Lifeless Moon

During an expedition to the Moon, two astronauts find themselves in a familiar town back on Earth. They soon discover the town is the beginning of a strange and mysterious journey...

Lifeless Moon is a spiritual successor to our previous title Lifeless Planet (PC/Mac/Linux/XB1/PS4). Featuring support for VR (but playable without!), Lifeless Moon takes players on a fantastic journey through the eyes of Apollo-era astronauts. There will be light platforming and a deeper focus on puzzles than in Lifeless Planet. The core game-play experience is one of exploration and discovery, complementing the mysterious and psychological themes of the story.

They are promising a DRM-free release again with this one, and as Lifeless Planet is on GOG there is some hope that this game will land here as well. Has a modest funding goal and very affordable lower tiers.
Post edited September 05, 2017 by IAmSinistar
Tekkaman-James: Tokyo Dark, a gorgeous point-and-click adventure/horror game that I covered in my monthly Kickstarter review series back in June of 2015, is finally launching on Steam next week. Unfortunately, according to their most recent project update, the DRM-Free version has had to be delayed. Here is what they had to say:

For those of you who opted for a non-Steam version unfortunately we heard some disappointing news that the platform we had hoped to release on feels that Tokyo Dark has too much in common with Japanese visual novels (well it is a visual novel / adventure game hybrid) and as such does not suit their current store policy of no VNs.
Tekkaman-James: I applaud the developers for not mentioning "the platform we had hoped to release on", but we all know they're talking about GOG. The thing I don't understand is why GOG gives developers these obtuse excuses for rejecting their games. We have both Hatoful Boyfriend games here, which are straight visual novels, as well as the visual novel/puzzle hybrid game Hunie Pop. If the reason GOG gave for rejecting this game is true, why are these three games allowed to be here? Tokyo Dark is far more of a point-and-click game than it is a visual novel. With how many point-and-click games are here, you would think GOG would love to add this game to the library...especially with how beautiful it looks.

I understand that GOG won't carry every game that I like, but it still doesn't keep me from scratching my head from time to time.
Well, we could try voting on the wishlist entry:
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/tokyo_dark

Perhaps GOG will reconsider if that wish collects enough entries. I think they'll start to notice somewhere around the 10.000 wishes mark. ;-)
Tekkaman-James: Tokyo Dark, a gorgeous point-and-click adventure/horror game that I covered in my monthly Kickstarter review series back in June of 2015, is finally launching on Steam next week. Unfortunately, according to their most recent project update, the DRM-Free version has had to be delayed. Here is what they had to say:

Tekkaman-James: I applaud the developers for not mentioning "the platform we had hoped to release on", but we all know they're talking about GOG. The thing I don't understand is why GOG gives developers these obtuse excuses for rejecting their games. We have both Hatoful Boyfriend games here, which are straight visual novels, as well as the visual novel/puzzle hybrid game Hunie Pop. If the reason GOG gave for rejecting this game is true, why are these three games allowed to be here? Tokyo Dark is far more of a point-and-click game than it is a visual novel. With how many point-and-click games are here, you would think GOG would love to add this game to the library...especially with how beautiful it looks.

Sometimes I wonder what kind of guidelines actually underscore GOG's curation process. After all, the "Submit your game" FAQ says nothing about a store policy prohibiting specific genres from being released here. If anything, the FAQ simply states that certain games created in popular game-maker engines (which I assume includes VN style games) must be exceptionally polished to be considered for release -- and Tokyo Dark definitely looks to fit the part. Weird.
astroclay: After all, the "Submit your game" FAQ says nothing about a store policy prohibiting specific genres from being released here. If anything, the FAQ simply states that certain games created in popular game-maker engines (which I assume includes VN style games) must be exceptionally polished to be considered for release -- and Tokyo Dark definitely looks to fit the part. Weird.
Heh, your post made me re-check the "Submit your game" page and I found the following part in the FAQ:
I am the publisher of a big F2P title - can I get it onto GOG?
Right now GOG does not distribute free to play titles, or any titles with a microtransaction payment system.
O RLY?
Post edited September 05, 2017 by muntdefems
VanishedOne: PoE2 backers have been e-mailed by Fig about 'backstage access' to a campaign that's being set up for The Good Life, a new game by SWERY (of Deadly Premonition and D4 fame).

Unfortunately, the only supported platforms currently listed are Steam and PS4.
The campaign's live, and in the comments section, Swery answered the question "Will it come to GOG as well as Steam?" with "​For now, we don't care about for that. It might be happen, but there is no guarantee."

Oh, well, guess my wallet won't care "about it for that" either.
Post edited September 06, 2017 by Dalswyn
IQSoup launched a second Kickstarter to speed along the completion of their Wild West / Steampunk RPG "Age of Grit". Combat is turn-based, between steam-powered air ships.
Dark Devotion

Gorgeous pixel art 2d sword action. And then it's also roguelite, to fuel the trend, which is not a selling point for me, but it doesn't bother me either (even though it does to the vocal minority in this forums, aparently).

Anyway, it doesn't mention drm-free, but I wrote them and they said: "We will sell the game on GoG too so yes there will be a DRM free version!". Which might be their intention, but it's probably not decided on GOG's front.

There's also a demo to test it.
Jennifer Wilde

Point&click detective adventure games from the makers of Wailing Heights. Jennifer Wildes is or was apparently a comic book series, and the creator of the comic is the writer of the game.
It has a very interesting omic book aesthetic that I find very alluring.

As for drm-free, well, Wailing Heights isn't drm-free yet (although if I remember correctly, rumour has it that it was, surprise surprise, rejected by GOG back in the day). I asked them and they promptly replied: "We will certainly consider drm-free, and update the Kickstarter if it is possible for us to do it."

So I'm stil waiting for a drm-free confirmation in order to back it.