It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

PILLARS OF ETERNITY II: DEADFIRE campaign started on Fig.

GOG.com is mentioned in supported platforms.
Post edited January 26, 2017 by cyboff
cyboff: PILLARS OF ETERNITY II: DEADFIRE campaign started on Fig.

Linux version as well.
undungeon: Hi! Good news, everyone!
The DRM Free version of UnDungeon will be available on the GOG platform in addition to the release on Steam!
Good news indeed :)
I'll be pledging then.
Also, congrats on being funded!
Shouldn't be too hard to hit a couple of stretch goals now...
Wheelo. It's like a hand mower, but even dumber.
cyboff: PILLARS OF ETERNITY II: DEADFIRE campaign started on Fig.

shmerl: Linux version as well.
I already back it. Less than 20 hours after launch and it's already 88% funded.
While I haven't taken the time to really get into text adventures, this kickstarter looks like it could be quite entertaining.

Thaumistry: In Charm's Way
Post edited January 28, 2017 by cpc464
rgnrk: The unDungeon going drm-free is great news. That was the only reason I wasn't a backer, so I am now.

On different news, was just checking the status of my backed projects (so many lately...) and just fell apon the weirdest one yet:

Apocalypse Now: The Game

I wasn't aware of something like this at all, and it has some household names behind it. Not that I'm interest at all by this point, nor I saw any mention of it being drm-free. But I though is was newsworthy.
For what it's worth, they now do mention DRM-free and GOG under the FAQ "How will I get the game?":
"If you select one of the less expensive pledge tiers, you’ll be receiving a digital version of the game. You will select a platform (like Steam or DRM Free or GOG). A code will be sent to you with directions on how to redeem the code on whatever platform you selected.

If you pledge one the more expensive tiers, you’ll also get a physical version of the game (plus at least one digital code, depending on the tier). This one’s pretty simple - we’ll mail it to where you live, with no international restrictions."
chibichibieris: Hmm.. Can you please give additional input on things you'd want to see on the campaign maybe? Or on the Pre-Alpha demo?
Alm888: No, don't take me wrong. You are doing just fine. It is just that I'm not interested in Windows games, ever. We already spoke about this during your previous ampaign and since then nothing has changed in this field. I'm sorry for not being clear enough the first time around.

But the campaign looks promising. Who knows, maybe some time later after release...

P.S. It was nice of you to do a cross-promotion with Pixel Princess Blitz in your last updates.
Ah I see. I thought maybe there are additional things you'd want to see. Ugh, I'd love to add new platforms, especially console... but it comes down to the... budget :(

Yeah, us devs on KS tend to huddle together hahaha
undungeon: Yes! All rewards will be available for GOG release!
IAmSinistar: That's what I like to hear! And it looks like the move to GOG was a good one, as the project is just about to hit funding.

chibichibieris: Yeah, it's looking good this time. HA! Nerve-wrecking doesn't even come close to describe it :D
IAmSinistar: I know, It's nice to hit goal early and then start building out some stretch goals. But I don't think you need to worry too much about making it this time. I feel pretty optimistic that you'll make goal before too long. And often in the last couple of days the project gets a huge visibility boost on KS, often with a commensurate spike in new pledges. So keep heart and good luck!
Thanks for the vote of confidence. Yeah, would love to celebrate early and stop watching Kicktraq, but alas, the champagne will have to wait :D
Post edited January 31, 2017 by chibichibieris
<span class="bold">Sunless Skies</span> is up, and they offer a key on Steam or GOG for backers.
So, Mutant Football League, not to be confused with Mutant League Football (=P), is going to be a thing. A 3D NFL-Blitz like take on the original. Looks alright.
Women of Xal, a new visual novel, has been recently launched on Kickstarter and is doing quite well, despite the subject matter. All of the main characters are women of colour and it is set in an alternative matriarchal dimension, where men are second rate citizens. Seems quite interesting.

Also, Nutaku has recently launched a new crowdfunding platform Kimochi, designed specifically to fund adult video games. There are already a few projects there, but two that got my attention are:
- a visual novel inspired by the likes of FSN. What's even more noteworthy is that the developers hail from [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghana]Ghana.
Karmasutra - a beautiful looking RPG/VN hybrid that has already gotten funded, but still has quite a few days to go until the end of the campaign.
Post edited February 04, 2017 by beliar
beliar: Women of Xal, a new visual novel, has been recently launched on Kickstarter and is doing quite well, despite the subject matter. All of the main characters are women of colour and it is set in an alternative matriarchal dimension, where men are second rate citizens. Seems quite interesting.
The visual novel format is great for exploring gender and societal issues, and seems to be ahead of other game genres in portraying a variety of racial and social types. This one that I backed is another example of these virtues. I will check with the folks behind this new campaign to see if they will offer a DRM-free version.
Happy Chess - an interesting approach to well-known chess topic. I know it's on mobile only, but it attracted my attention and I supported them :-)
Got a reply from the Women of Xal devs:

Thank you for your interest and support! Honestly, if Steam wasn't so popular, we'd have just said DRM-free copies by default. So, I'm all aboard sending out DRM-free copies to everyone! =)

So it looks like DRM-free is available. :)
Hey, all!

I completely forgot to let you all know that my monthly Kickstarter review article for February is live. Here's the link. As always, I look forward to your thoughts on my selections.