It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pixelart madness UnDungeon is live now!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/laughingmachines/undungeon-pixelart-action-rpg-with-roguelike-eleme
Post edited January 11, 2017 by cyboff
Pixel Princess Blitz

A sandbox action RPG that simulates a dynamic world filled with dangerous foes, big dungeons, perilous encounters and a dynamic story!

Sure looks ambitious. :)

Ah, I like! The art style and perspective remind me of Moon Hunters (a positive comparison).
IAmSinistar: Ah, I like! The art style and perspective remind me of Moon Hunters (a positive comparison).
I saw it earlier, and it looks great to me. Alas, no mention of drm-free at all.
IAmSinistar: Ah, I like! The art style and perspective remind me of Moon Hunters (a positive comparison).
rgnrk: I saw it earlier, and it looks great to me. Alas, no mention of drm-free at all.
It's not just UnDungeon, It's UnDrm-Free too.
I contacted them and got a reply that no plans for GOG/Drm-free release.
How UnSettling it is. =\
Attachments:
ud.jpg (45 Kb)
rgnrk: I saw it earlier, and it looks great to me. Alas, no mention of drm-free at all.
amrit9037: It's not just UnDungeon, It's UnDrm-Free too.
How UnSettling it is. =\
It's certainly a deal-breaker for me. Unpledgable!
How UnSettling it is. =\
I received similar answer on KS Comments, but it looks like there is possibility they can change their mind, when there is a bigger demand...
Legrand Legacy is returning to KS on January 18th for a second attempt at funding. They've secured external funding this time, and their new goal is well below what was pledged last time, so things look good for this. They've also appeared to learned lessons and taken suggestions to heart.

How UnSettling it is. =\
Ah hell. I'll be unpledging, then. ~_~
IAmSinistar: Pixel Princess Blitz

A sandbox action RPG that simulates a dynamic world filled with dangerous foes, big dungeons, perilous encounters and a dynamic story!
They claim that their game will be DRM-Free, yet they are only offering Steam Early Access keys. Are the devs just out of touch with what the definition of DRM is? Do we really need to start saying Steam-Free now? Or is there really a DRM-Free version of the game on offer and I just overlooked it?

IAmSinistar: Legrand Legacy is returning to KS on January 18th for a second attempt at funding.
This makes me very happy. I was gutted when they failed to reach their goal the first time around. Hopefully, with a significantly smaller funding total, they will succeed effortlessly this time. Fingers crossed!
IAmSinistar: Pixel Princess Blitz

Tekkaman-James: They claim that their game will be DRM-Free, yet they are only offering Steam Early Access keys. Are the devs just out of touch with what the definition of DRM is? Do we really need to start saying Steam-Free now? Or is there really a DRM-Free version of the game on offer and I just overlooked it?

IAmSinistar: Legrand Legacy is returning to KS on January 18th for a second attempt at funding.
Tekkaman-James: This makes me very happy. I was gutted when they failed to reach their goal the first time around. Hopefully, with a significantly smaller funding total, they will succeed effortlessly this time. Fingers crossed!
Pixel Princess Blitz and Undungeon look really really good.

There's a DRM-free option for the Steam Early Access for Pixel Princess Blitz in the €14 tier. Although the description confuses me a little. It looks like we're only pledging for Early Access and not the full game? I really love the look of it.

Undungeon seems like they will hit their goal and BEYOND!

Yeah frankly I was very disappointed too, but things turned out better than expected :) It was a good way to start 2017. Hope everyone's new year started off great too!
chibichibieris: There's a DRM-free option for the Steam Early Access for Pixel Princess Blitz in the €14 tier. Although the description confuses me a little. It looks like we're only pledging for Early Access and not the full game? I really love the look of it.
Well, if you get a Steam key for an Early Access game you'll still own it when it's finally released, won't you?

The issue here is that they seem to adhere to the "strict" definition of DRM-free (i.e. the game won't require the Steam client to be running for it to work), while most (or at leat many) people asking for a DRM-free version will expect it to be released here on GOG, or on Humble or itch.io, as a standalone installer.
IAmSinistar: Sundered

Sundered is a horrifying fight for survival and sanity, a hand­-drawn epic from the creators of Jotun. It is a replayable metroidvania game where you resist or embrace ancient eldritch powers.

You play Eshe, a wanderer in a ruined world, trapped in ever­-changing caverns teeming with eldritch horrors. Harness the power of corrupted relics to defeat gigantic bosses, at the cost of your humanity.

Resist or embrace.

The project goes live on January 16. It looks freaking incredible.

NOTE: The link may only work of existing KS users, not sure about that. But once the project goes live there will be a public link for everyone.
This one is now live!!
IAmSinistar: Sundered
hummer010: This one is now live!!
It is indeed! I was coming here to post the news as well. Here's the live campaign link:

Sundered

Those early bird tiers are going fast!
IAmSinistar: It is indeed! I was coming here to post the news as well. Here's the live campaign link:

Sundered

~40% funded in the first hour.

It's always nice to see campaigns that have realistic goals. I know it's a fine line between under-valuing and over-valuing, but it seems most tend towards over-valuing.
IAmSinistar: It is indeed! I was coming here to post the news as well. Here's the live campaign link:

Sundered

hummer010: ~40% funded in the first hour.

It's always nice to see campaigns that have realistic goals. I know it's a fine line between under-valuing and over-valuing, but it seems most tend towards over-valuing.
At the end of the day it's only about how much you think it's going to cost you to develop what you promised.
There's no point in asking for less money if you're going to run out of it before finishing. I normally trust more in projects that ask for a realistic amount of money. Only already established teams as Thunder Lotus Games can ask for so little money, as they are funding most of it themselves, or already have investors.
hummer010: It's always nice to see campaigns that have realistic goals.
Weeell, when I then look at what is stated towards the bottom of the KS page I get to wondering: "Sundered's total development budget is $700,000 CAD, coming from Jotun revenues and a loan from the Canadian Media Fund (the same entity who helped fund Jotun)."

That ~$20k goal makes me wonder why they need to bother with KS at all at that point. It all seems a bit pointless to me then. Just saying.