It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Icy - A post apocalyptic RPG (Indiegogo)

Icy is an RPG set in a post-apocalyptic world witnessing a new Ice Age. The player will create his/her own character and live an adventure across the White Wasteland, struggling each day to survive, without losing hope to find a better place where to thrive. Icy mixes role-play and survival dynamics, allowing the player to lead a nomad family in their fight for survival, and to take care of all the responsibilities a leader has, such as keeping the group together and planning how to face a hostile world.

Features:

Live a survival experience in a peculiar post-apocalyptic setting.
Create your character, characterizing it choosing among 3 main attributes and 10 different skills that affects the whole game.
Influence the plot with different choices, changing the course of events that will lead to multiple different endings.
Manage to keep together group of survivors, each one with different needs, values and ideals.
Scavenge for items and hunt for food, face the challenges of the Frozen World.
Enjoy more than 400 hand-drawn artworks.
More than 10'000 dialogue lines.
Day/night cycle that affects the gameplay.

Gameplay

Icy will be a narrative experience which will put the player in the role of a nomad family leader, traveling for survival in a hostile post-apocalyptic world. The player will be the one who will set the course, manage the supplies and, most of all, take the important decisions.

Setting

The post-apocalyptic setting of Icy is characterized by a never-ending winter. It will have a deep impact on all the themes we are exploring during the game. Most of the Earth is covered with ice and snow, and the land suitable for living is only a quarter of what it used to be.

Looks interesting =)
Post edited February 24, 2015 by Reever
IAmSinistar: <span class="bold">Vidar - An RPG Puzzler Where Everyone Dies</span>

An ambitious idea and an intriguing title, please check it out if you haven't already. Thank you!
Game looks interesting, but no mention of DRM-free on the main page & already integrated with a sophisticated analytics platform.
IAmSinistar: <span class="bold">Vidar - An RPG Puzzler Where Everyone Dies</span>

An ambitious idea and an intriguing title, please check it out if you haven't already. Thank you!
Gydion: Game looks interesting, but no mention of DRM-free on the main page & already integrated with a sophisticated analytics platform.
They confirm that a DRM-free version will be available in the FAQ. (Question about Steam).

Looks quite promising. And only $5 for a digital copy? Backed.
Post edited February 24, 2015 by daveyd
Came over to post about this game. [url=http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/icy_journey_on_the_white_wasteland ]Here's GOG Wishlist[/url] for it.
This is a movie project that an actress I know is trying to make with her mother. She wants to use this to start a dialogue to discuss rape.

Her project is a movie called Angela's Scared Heart. You can find her project here.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/angela-s-sacred-heart

Although it is based on her mother's life, she would like to use the movie to get people to discuss rape committed against anyone. They want people to know they don't have to stay silent about it, that if it has happened to them or someone they know, they need to know it's not their fault. It is the fault of the rapist and their issue to control another person.

Ashley just wants people to check out this personal project of hers and spread the word about the movie.
Post edited February 24, 2015 by TERRI29
Gonchi: Came over to post about this game. [url=http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/icy_journey_on_the_white_wasteland ]Here's GOG Wishlist[/url] for it.
I'm skeptical about such a low funding goal. How much difference could that little money actually make?

Gydion: Game looks interesting, but no mention of DRM-free on the main page & already integrated with a sophisticated analytics platform.
As daveyd posted, there will be a DRM-free release. Trust me, I only back projects that promise such. :)
Gonchi: Came over to post about this game. [url=http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/icy_journey_on_the_white_wasteland ]Here's GOG Wishlist[/url] for it.
misteryo: I'm skeptical about such a low funding goal. How much difference could that little money actually make?
Well, they're almost finished with development... While it's true that $2500 wouldn't be enough to make a game, the developers basically funded the game themselves, it is now feature complete and the money will just go towards final polishing and bugfixing. Perhaps it will go towards buying a couple new computers so they can test the game with different hardware setups... Or perhaps simply pay some QA testers. It will much better for them and the players if they can release a relatively bug-free game, rather than having to fix major issues with patches post-release and likely getting a bunch of negative reviews.

Even if you decide not to back please vote for it on GOG wishlist:
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/icy_journey_on_the_white_wasteland
Post edited February 24, 2015 by daveyd
misteryo: I'm skeptical about such a low funding goal. How much difference could that little money actually make?
Hi there, I'm the guy with a bad english and a funny hat that you probably saw in the video.
That 2500 dollars will only allow us to cover another 45 days of polishing and, since the campaign is going decently, we even hope to achieve a little more. In those 45 days there will be people like me (I write the dialogues) who will keep working and improving the game, but those people are currently working for free to let Icy happen. And on a 30'000 euros of total budget, 2200 more euros can be useful!
And we still have some funds, we just need some more to do a complete, refined and nice job. I hate to wait patches for months before playing a game and being a gamer, not only a guy that works in game development, I'd like to dispatch a fully playable game. And if we can achieve a little more, we will spend those money to carefully improve Icy's features.

Anyway, thanks to everyone that backed us, shared the campaign on their socials or even got interested in what we're doing.

About the DRM-free question, you don't have to worry. There are many ways to release a DRM-free version of the game and everyone willing to have a DRM-free version of the game will get it.
Post edited February 25, 2015 by TheDarkSlayer
IAmSinistar: As daveyd posted, there will be a DRM-free release. Trust me, I only back projects that promise such. :)
I'm sure it was mentioned that it was DRM-free somewhere. Having now read the Steam FAQ I'm completely unimpressed. Still, FUNDED and perhaps the dev will even supply patches for the DRM-free build.
Slain!

Prepare to be Slain! Our homage to the gory hack and slash games of the 80's and 90's. We promise stunning visuals with gore galore.

Players control Bathoryn, a hero in a Gothic world, seeking to liberate seven great towers.

Bathoryn must battle his way through a doomed land packed with gruesome pixel art foes before ascending (or sometimes descending) each tower, defeating puzzles, traps and monsters alike. At the heart of each keep, he must confront a mighty overlord. Defeat it and Bathoryn’s quest continues. Fail, and you’ll die gruesomely - mauled by werewolves, disintegrated by floating monstrosities, squashed by great weights or torn apart by hidden blades. And you will fail...

Mentions a DRM-free version. Looks like a gorier version of a Sega Genesis game, which is a good thing.
Does anybody remember a suspended KS from a few months ago, where the creators tried to pledge their own money to reach the goal in the final days of the campaign? I think they were like $2,000 away from the finish line with 48 hours left. I get why they did that but it was really dumb thing to do, the last couple of days usually bring a lot of pledges in. Anyway, I found out about this after it got cancelled. The game seemed interesting and I was wondering what were the devs up to now, but I can't remember what it was! Any ideas?
Post edited February 25, 2015 by charbon
IAmSinistar: Slain!

Prepare to be Slain! Our homage to the gory hack and slash games of the 80's and 90's. We promise stunning visuals with gore galore.

Players control Bathoryn, a hero in a Gothic world, seeking to liberate seven great towers.

Bathoryn must battle his way through a doomed land packed with gruesome pixel art foes before ascending (or sometimes descending) each tower, defeating puzzles, traps and monsters alike. At the heart of each keep, he must confront a mighty overlord. Defeat it and Bathoryn’s quest continues. Fail, and you’ll die gruesomely - mauled by werewolves, disintegrated by floating monstrosities, squashed by great weights or torn apart by hidden blades. And you will fail...

Mentions a DRM-free version. Looks like a gorier version of a Sega Genesis game, which is a good thing.
this looks awesome!
Non-game, but interesting: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kingsmanleatherware/kingsman-leatherware-premium-bags-belts-and-access

Premium leather bags, belts and accessories, built to last and Guaranteed for Life. Proudly made in the USA.

We are launching this Kickstarter Campaign for one main reason: To bring these products and this business fully to life—By backing this campaign you are making it possible for us to grow as a company and manufacture these bags and belts on a larger scale for you and others who appreciate quality.

ENDS TOMORROW

They posted their entire manufacturing process and materials on the KS. I'm probably going to end up backing this. Everything on the KS page checks out afaik, and the prices are very good.
Detective Di: The Silk Rose Murders, point-and-click murder mystery set in ancient China.

Wishlist entry.
Post edited February 26, 2015 by Gonchi