It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Prepare for a grand comeback of the horror classic.
Genre: Action
Can you play this with a light gun? What is a good light gun purchase for W10?
wolfsite: Be awesome if they could include the original PC port released by the Expert Software label.

Makes me wish I could get my hands on a Sinden Light gun also.
are they hard to find? I can't see one on Amazon.it
Also one called GUN4IR, i can't find a seller and it's too expensive
Post edited April 21, 2022 by Dogmaus
di0nizus: WAIT... WHAT? Shenmue 3, Panzer Dragoon Remake, Streets of Rage 4 and now this? Ohh man, such a great time to be a SEGA fan here on GOG! Thank you for bringing this amazing game here!!! <3

Please GOG, consider getting Sonic Origins :DDD
Just a notice: non of the mentioned games are published by SEGA. The same is true for House of Dead Remake.

Anyway, I did read some reviews of the Nintendo Switch version, and some say, that the japanese version is heavily censored (no headshot, cannot shot down limbs etc.)
Wow, i was not expecting this game here. Will buy for sure.
di0nizus: WAIT... WHAT? Shenmue 3, Panzer Dragoon Remake, Streets of Rage 4 and now this? Ohh man, such a great time to be a SEGA fan here on GOG! Thank you for bringing this amazing game here!!! <3

Well, all these games are third party. No Sega for us, unfortunately. :(
I hope this doesn't apply to the PC version:

The game received mixed reviews, with criticism for its aiming controls, optimization issues, new soundtrack, and short length. A remake of The House of the Dead 2 is in development.

Source: [url=https://thehouseofthedead.fandom.com/wiki/The_House_of_the_Dead:_Remake]https://thehouseofthedead.fandom.com/wiki/The_House_of_the_Dead:_Remake[/url]
Post edited April 21, 2022 by op2022
cool cool, but what we really need is Typing of the Dead :D

M3troid: Well, all these games are third party. No Sega for us, unfortunately. :(
yeah :) Really hope SEGA keeps licensing their games to third parties
Welp, glad I held off pulling the trigger on that Switch version then.
I can see this being really easy with mouse controls but hey it's House of the Dead and I gotta have it!
UCrest: Well, (I honestly don't know anything about this remake), but if it's identical to the original version it guarantees you that it's a solid video game. But only that. Remakes are recreations in more current engines of very old, incompatible or obsolete products. The fact that it is the same title does not make it better or worse, it only makes it a faithful product to the original. Even so, I have to admit that finding something new from the original in these readaptations or remakes is also very entertaining or fun.
Marcus-Havoc: Actually, most remakes totally try to reinvent something that was never broken to begin with. Fans just want the original with updated graphics, but the devs most of the time butcher it with unnecessary alteration that most ruin the original experience. The Resident Evil remakes of the 2/3 game for instance are lacking in content compared to the original.
The second game is missing enemies and location, and the third game is missing so much they are now trying to squeeze more money out of fans with a re-release with all the content.

Most remakes really are nothing but a joke compared to the original ones, especially in this day and age.
Unless you like your newer version to be censored or altered for politically correct reasons, like what is done with most anime games now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6B7S2e-bOA
Agreed. The butchering of RE 2, 3 and FF7 is disgusting. It's also a complete misstep for the companies too. Should have made a faithful recreation as the main game, then put out a "Re-imagined" DLC like 6 months later. Like "here's how we would make the game if we were making it today." The best part is a bunch of the assets would already be made have been made for the faithful remaster so less work for the new creation. Satisfies all fans and allows them to milk the game for more cash.
Post edited April 22, 2022 by DDDespair
Marcus-Havoc: Actually, most remakes totally try to reinvent something that was never broken to begin with. Fans just want the original with updated graphics, but the devs most of the time butcher it with unnecessary alteration that most ruin the original experience. The Resident Evil remakes of the 2/3 game for instance are lacking in content compared to the original.
The second game is missing enemies and location, and the third game is missing so much they are now trying to squeeze more money out of fans with a re-release with all the content.

Most remakes really are nothing but a joke compared to the original ones, especially in this day and age.
Unless you like your newer version to be censored or altered for politically correct reasons, like what is done with most anime games now.

DDDespair: Agreed. The butchering of RE 2, 3 and FF7 is disgusting. It's also a complete misstep for the companies too. Should have made a faithful recreation as the main game, then put out a "Re-imagined" DLC like 6 months later. Like "here's how we would make the game if we were making it today." The best part is a bunch of the assets would already be made have been made for the faithful remaster so less work for the new creation. Satisfies all fans and allows them to milk the game for more cash.
I dont think these modern remakes are terrible. The originals still exist for us to play but taking the same characters but changing up the combat system for a new and different experience is welcome in my book. Remakes are different from remasters (which is just upping the graphics) which are also fine if the originals become too hard to get access to (although Im not as appreciative).

I agree RE3 especially really butchered the game by being far shorter and changing story points but Im excited about 7 given the fact that the story could be far different. If I wanted to get the original story, I would play the PS1 version (although a remaster wouldnt be bad either).

I am against the censoring but blame Sony for that in these cases. They are the ones that are suddenly going puritan thanks to their gaming HQ getting moved to California.
op2022: I hope this doesn't apply to the PC version:

The game received mixed reviews, with criticism for its aiming controls, optimization issues, new soundtrack, and short length. A remake of The House of the Dead 2 is in development.

Source: [url=https://thehouseofthedead.fandom.com/wiki/The_House_of_the_Dead:_Remake]https://thehouseofthedead.fandom.com/wiki/The_House_of_the_Dead:_Remake[/url]
Well most reviews are based on the Switch version right now so Aiming all depends on if they use a controller or motion controls (for PC we will have mouse controls at the very least).

Optimization again will have to wait and see as it has only released on Switch so the game may get some better optimization when it's ported or if the game is running on faster hardware that could make up for any short comings.

The original game was an arcade game so in nature it will be short so it will come down to whether or not this type of gameplay and replaying the same levels is what you want as arcade games were designed to be quarter munchers not long term experiences.

May be best to wait for a review of the PC version when it comes out to see if any issues are resolved.
low rated
At least there will be motion controllers which could emulate a lightgun unless they have screwed up the aiming system.
Tokyo_Bunny_8990: [...]

I agree RE3 especially really butchered the game by being far shorter and changing story points but Im excited about 7 given the fact that the story could be far different. If I wanted to get the original story, I would play the PS1 version (although a remaster wouldnt be bad either).

[...]
But depending on how you sell it - is this maybe even a reboot? - the Remake of FF7 might destroy the old canon completely.

Overall it's also about all the other products that might be invaldidated by how the Remake is going to be. I like a consistent canon, and my heart bleeds if old stuff get's invalidated. I'd rather have adding to the existing world, instead of reinventing it.

I am not saying it's bad, but so far I could not bear to game it myself. Noticed a lot, though, since my wife played it.

DDDespair: Agreed. The butchering of RE 2, 3 and FF7 is disgusting. It's also a complete misstep for the companies too. Should have made a faithful recreation as the main game, then put out a "Re-imagined" DLC like 6 months later. Like "here's how we would make the game if we were making it today." The best part is a bunch of the assets would already be made have been made for the faithful remaster so less work for the new creation. Satisfies all fans and allows them to milk the game for more cash.
I understand and respect your opinion. But I do not entirely share it. I particularly liked the two remakes of Resident Evil 2 and 3 on PC. I didn't feel they were as good as the originals nor as bad as many other titles nowadays. Personally, I prefer to always play the original if I can. Remakes I like because they are re-imaginations of the original work. They don't have to be the same, but they don't have to be very different from the original either. What I do think is that we are in a historical moment where imagination and innovation is less and less in the industry, which is betting on things already tried and tested to minimise the risk of loss and ensure the sales of its products. And I find that regrettable. I hope that with Resident Evil 4 Remake it will be different and that the original game will be maintained, but that they will also take care, take risks and innovate with a good product. If I want to play the original I have the Nintendo GameCube version which still works very well. But I would also like to play the original with an extra that goes beyond graphics or new generation compatibility. That's my point.