It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Prepare for a grand comeback of the horror classic.
Genre: Action
Oh my god I hope they Remake House of the Dead 2!

I want to protect the LOIFE COICLE but in HD!
Be awesome if they could include the original PC port released by the Expert Software label.

Makes me wish I could get my hands on a Sinden Light gun also.
Remakes are cool and all, but I still wish the original PC version could be preserved. HotD 1 still works very well even on Windows 10, but I can't even install it from the original disk because the installer is 16-bit only. =\
Dray2k: Oh my god I hope they Remake House of the Dead 2!

I want to protect the LOIFE COICLE but in HD!
They are, according to PC Gamer:
https://www.pcgamer.com/the-house-of-the-dead-remake-shambling-to-pc-next-week/

Edit: Since we've gotten this and Panzer Dragoon Remake, I think it's a safe bet we'll see Forever Entertainment's Fear Effect and Front Mission 1 and 2 remakes come here too. :)
Post edited April 21, 2022 by SCPM
high rated
Typing of the Dead, when?
low rated
This game should be very worthy of a day1 buy, seeing as it's pretty much nearly identical to the original.

Unlike most remakes that either censor or totally alters the original source material.
Swedrami: Typing of the Dead, when?
This was also a very good video game.

On the other hand, I'm very glad that we're getting the DRM-Free version of this super classic on GOG. Congratulations, GOG! and thank you!
Definitely for the Queen's Birthday!

Best zombie shooter, all series.
Safe!
Marcus-Havoc: This game should be very worthy of a day1 buy, seeing as it's pretty much nearly identical to the original.

Unlike most remakes that either censor or totally alters the original source material.
Well, (I honestly don't know anything about this remake), but if it's identical to the original version it guarantees you that it's a solid video game. But only that. Remakes are recreations in more current engines of very old, incompatible or obsolete products. The fact that it is the same title does not make it better or worse, it only makes it a faithful product to the original. Even so, I have to admit that finding something new from the original in these readaptations or remakes is also very entertaining or fun.
Flashback to the day House of the Dead 2 hit, seeing the re-created scenes in it of the first game and praying like hell that Sega was going to release an updated version for the beloved Dreamcast.

Then realizing all that hope was for nothing across multiple decades... then, smash cut to now: dreams become reality.
can't play horror fps (or most fps really) but I love railshooters, so this is great news.

also, as said above: typing of the dead when? and virtua cop. and mad dog mccree and the rest of the american lasergames catalog (as infuriating they were at times)

and would it be too much to ask for actual release dates (or windows) in the announcement and on the store page? 'coming soon' can be anything from this week to 5 years from now. in this case it's april 28.
Post edited April 21, 2022 by Dohi64
Had I known it releases on pc ... was waiting for it way over a year on switch now and instant bought it there.

With the joycons there is kind of a lightgun feeling, even if it's more like holding a flashlight. And 2P locally with it is quite nice.

Though the auto-aim is gruesome. We had to turn it off and since than it's a pretty decent play.

EDIT: Typo
Post edited April 21, 2022 by kzadur
WAIT... WHAT? Shenmue 3, Panzer Dragoon Remake, Streets of Rage 4 and now this? Ohh man, such a great time to be a SEGA fan here on GOG! Thank you for bringing this amazing game here!!! <3

Please GOG, consider getting Sonic Origins :DDD
low rated
Marcus-Havoc: This game should be very worthy of a day1 buy, seeing as it's pretty much nearly identical to the original.

UCrest: Well, (I honestly don't know anything about this remake), but if it's identical to the original version it guarantees you that it's a solid video game. But only that. Remakes are recreations in more current engines of very old, incompatible or obsolete products. The fact that it is the same title does not make it better or worse, it only makes it a faithful product to the original. Even so, I have to admit that finding something new from the original in these readaptations or remakes is also very entertaining or fun.
Actually, most remakes totally try to reinvent something that was never broken to begin with. Fans just want the original with updated graphics, but the devs most of the time butcher it with unnecessary alteration that most ruin the original experience. The Resident Evil remakes of the 2/3 game for instance are lacking in content compared to the original.
The second game is missing enemies and location, and the third game is missing so much they are now trying to squeeze more money out of fans with a re-release with all the content.

Most remakes really are nothing but a joke compared to the original ones, especially in this day and age.
Unless you like your newer version to be censored or altered for politically correct reasons, like what is done with most anime games now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6B7S2e-bOA
Post edited April 21, 2022 by Marcus-Havoc
I see the remake will run on the Unity engine .