It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Prepare for a grand comeback of the horror classic.
Genre: Action
low rated
Marcus-Havoc: Actually, most remakes totally try to reinvent something that was never broken to begin with. Fans just want the original with updated graphics, but the devs most of the time butcher it with unnecessary alteration that most ruin the original experience. The Resident Evil remakes of the 2/3 game for instance are lacking in content compared to the original.
The second game is missing enemies and location, and the third game is missing so much they are now trying to squeeze more money out of fans with a re-release with all the content.

Most remakes really are nothing but a joke compared to the original ones, especially in this day and age.
Unless you like your newer version to be censored or altered for politically correct reasons, like what is done with most anime games now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6B7S2e-bOA
DDDespair: Agreed. The butchering of RE 2, 3 and FF7 is disgusting. It's also a complete misstep for the companies too. Should have made a faithful recreation as the main game, then put out a "Re-imagined" DLC like 6 months later. Like "here's how we would make the game if we were making it today." The best part is a bunch of the assets would already be made have been made for the faithful remaster so less work for the new creation. Satisfies all fans and allows them to milk the game for more cash.
I was hoping that FF7 was a faithful remake, i personally never played the original and would have liked to experience it right away in high dev. The industry in general is out of ideas, and not in the sense that they can't make anything new and fresh, but more like they are afraid to be too creative to the point it might offend somebody. This is mostly true for Japanese devs who like to think outside the box.
Post edited April 22, 2022 by Marcus-Havoc
Tokyo_Bunny_8990: [...]

I agree RE3 especially really butchered the game by being far shorter and changing story points but Im excited about 7 given the fact that the story could be far different. If I wanted to get the original story, I would play the PS1 version (although a remaster wouldnt be bad either).

[...]
kzadur: But depending on how you sell it - is this maybe even a reboot? - the Remake of FF7 might destroy the old canon completely.
Yeah, but FF7R is not a remake. Its just a Nomura disillusion.
low rated
DDDespair: Agreed. The butchering of RE 2, 3 and FF7 is disgusting. It's also a complete misstep for the companies too. Should have made a faithful recreation as the main game, then put out a "Re-imagined" DLC like 6 months later. Like "here's how we would make the game if we were making it today." The best part is a bunch of the assets would already be made have been made for the faithful remaster so less work for the new creation. Satisfies all fans and allows them to milk the game for more cash.
Tokyo_Bunny_8990: I dont think these modern remakes are terrible. The originals still exist for us to play but taking the same characters but changing up the combat system for a new and different experience is welcome in my book. Remakes are different from remasters (which is just upping the graphics) which are also fine if the originals become too hard to get access to (although Im not as appreciative).

I agree RE3 especially really butchered the game by being far shorter and changing story points but Im excited about 7 given the fact that the story could be far different. If I wanted to get the original story, I would play the PS1 version (although a remaster wouldnt be bad either).

I am against the censoring but blame Sony for that in these cases. They are the ones that are suddenly going puritan thanks to their gaming HQ getting moved to California.
I would be more interested in the remakes if they would just add more content, but keep the original content true to its nature. The main problem is that the newer generation of devs just want to put their spin on something that was a cherished classic and in return they mutilate it.

RE3 for instance might have been a shitty release that is now getting milked by release of a complete edition.
But RE2 also fell short compared to the original when it comes to story and locations, many locations were cut out, same goes for certain enemies. It would have been better, like DDDespair said, to make the new add-on DLC content and just release the original in full form instead of a butchered one.

True that Sony was at the forefront when it came to censorship, but it seems it has now taken hold in Japan and now gamer are preemptively censored. Now, all we can rely on when it comes to original content and unfiltered is the originals. Chrono cross for instance was censored with its remake and had dialogue toned down, so women won't feel offended.(Feminists) and lately another new game had the word women removed from it, so it could be appeased the woke gender-neutral people or else they'll be Rrreeeing all day again. If I recall, both Capcom and Square now has this stasi like service call Ethics department.

kzadur: But depending on how you sell it - is this maybe even a reboot? - the Remake of FF7 might destroy the old canon completely.
M3troid: Yeah, but FF7R is not a remake. Its just a Nomura disillusion.
Yeah, people indicate that it's just a warped version of FF7 that seems to suggest it's tied to the Kingdom Hearts world.
Post edited April 22, 2022 by Marcus-Havoc
Tokyo_Bunny_8990: [...]

[...]

Overall it's also about all the other products that might be invaldidated by how the Remake is going to be. I like a consistent canon, and my heart bleeds if old stuff get's invalidated. I'd rather have adding to the existing world, instead of reinventing it.

I am not saying it's bad, but so far I could not bear to game it myself. Noticed a lot, though, since my wife played it.
I wouldnt say its a reboot since reboot is trying to breath life into an old IP while 7Remake is pretty contingent on the player knowing about the original game's story to understand (or the fates dont make sense).

It would be an alternative story or alt universe version of the FF7 story, hence why I dont think its a bad reboot. Its also contingent on the original story existing so I dont think the old canon will be destroyed. Thats something Im more worried about with the rumored The Last of Us remake (that is a silly idea).
wolfsite: May be best to wait for a review of the PC version when it comes out to see if any issues are resolved.
It's clear they aren't very good at optimizing their games, as they should run better than they do on Switch, but their Panzer Dragoon remake ran far, far smoother in the GOG version, so I imagine the same will happen here and that any halfway decent PC will just be able to brute force through any issues.

The control issues mentioned are likely the same reason why I was hesitant about the Switch verison, gyro aiming isn't precise or intuitive enough for such a game. I curse Nintendo for not making the Switch compatible with Wii remotes.
Post edited April 24, 2022 by ReynardFox
ReynardFox: [...]
The control issues mentioned are likely the same reason why I was hesitant about the Switch verison, gyro aiming isn't precise or intuitive enough for such a game. I curse Nintendo for not making the Switch compatible with Wii remotes.
But it actually works quite nice (with the auto aim off). The hand position is just a little bit weired, but I think with more training it will work even better. Only thing ist, we were constantly realigning the controller, because thanks to all the camera movements we always start to twist the hands more.

Tokyo_Bunny_8990: I wouldnt say its a reboot since reboot is trying to breath life into an old IP while 7Remake is pretty contingent on the player knowing about the original game's story to understand (or the fates dont make sense).
This might be true for the first installment, but it also implies that they can do anything after the ending. Sure, they can still play with what we remember, but this is also what's been done in reboots. Give the old fans something to strife for, while getting new people in. We'll see with the next isntallment, I guess.

Again, I am not saying it's bad, and I noticed while my wife was playing, that they tried hard to appease the old fans. But making those alterations also leads to new questions - why did they choose to let some people not die, but others etc..

Tokyo_Bunny_8990: It would be an alternative story or alt universe version of the FF7 story, hence why I dont think its a bad reboot. Its also contingent on the original story existing so I dont think the old canon will be destroyed. Thats something Im more worried about with the rumored The Last of Us remake (that is a silly idea).
But if it's alternative, than it's also kind of a reboot, or not? As long as only the new alternative universe get's fed in the future, than that's far as a reboot as it get's.

EDIT: changed a word
Post edited April 24, 2022 by kzadur
kzadur: But it actually works quite nice (with the auto aim off). The hand position is just a little bit weired, but I think with more training it will work even better. Only thing ist, we were constantly realigning the controller, because thanks to all the camera movements we always start to twist the hands more.
Oh i'm not saying it doesn't work well enough with practice, I'm sure it does, I've just personally never found gyro aiming controls natural or comfortable enough for extended periods of gameplay, especially with the ergonomics of switch controllers.

Rail shooters, and indeed any shooters with properly programmed controls played like a dream with the Wiimote's IR pointer, and I will forever miss this control method. Gyro feels like a frustrating compromise in comparison.
Post edited April 24, 2022 by ReynardFox
price???
low rated
GroguSkywalker: price???
Same price as the Switch version, I hope they mean the E-shop version.
Just google E-shop and then the game, and you'd be able to see the price for your region.
Post edited April 24, 2022 by Marcus-Havoc