It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

An ancient evil has returned to Baldur's Gate, intent on devouring it from the inside out. The fate of Faerun lies in your hands. Alone, you may resist. But together, you can overcome.

Larian Studios have just announced that they are developing and publishing Baldur’s Gate III. Created in close collaboration with the Dungeons & Dragons team at Wizards of the Coast, Baldur’s Gate III is based off current D&D mechanics and spells and is the official new chapter in the legendary series.

Baldur’s Gate III will push the boundaries of the RPG genre and offer a rich narrative with unparalleled player freedom, high-stakes decisions, unique companion characters and memorable combat. It is Larian Studios’ biggest production ever and will be playable together with friends or as a single-player adventure.

Prepare for the return of a malevolent presence to Baldur's Gate, intent on devouring it from the inside out, corrupting everything that remains in the Forgotten Realms.

Alone you may resist, but together you can overcome. Gather your party.

Baldur’s Gate III Early Access coming to GOG.COM on October 6th!
low rated
So why my previous post was downvoted by the orvellian mafia ? Just because i said i don't like the art style of the curent Divinity games and i prefer the isometric view ?
dudalb: I read it will be coming out for the PS4. I just hope it's not ruined by "consolization" the way some games have been.
Stig79: 5ed IS consolization. Easy to play. Hard to die. And every class is WoW ish. Tank, Healer, Damage Dealer etc.
Ew... Too bad that too many games embrace those categories as given by the divine. They worked for WoW in order to force total strangers to cooperate. Characters should be way more than that.

It is SO MUCH FUN to actually RP in RP games...
I think Larian Studio have more chance that Obsidian or Beamdog to not screw this up. Their games have at last good optimization and up to now Divinity was one of my favored series, so I put more trust in them, now we see there will be BG3. Finally something that deserve more attention :) .
GOG.com: An ancient evil has returned to Baldur's Gate, intent on devouring it from the inside out. The fate of Faerun lies in your hands. Alone, you may resist. But together, you can overcome.

Larian Studios have just announced that they are developing and publishing Baldur’s Gate III. Created in close collaboration with the Dungeons & Dragons team at Wizards of the Coast, Baldur’s Gate III is based off current D&D mechanics and spells and is the official new chapter in the legendary series.

Baldur’s Gate III will push the boundaries of the RPG genre and offer a rich narrative with unparalleled player freedom, high-stakes decisions, unique companion characters and memorable combat. It is Larian Studios’ biggest production ever and will be playable together with friends or as a single-player adventure.

Prepare for the return of a malevolent presence to Baldur's Gate, intent on devouring it from the inside out, corrupting everything that remains in the Forgotten Realms.

Alone you may resist, but together you can overcome. Gather your party.
BG3 from Larian? Take my money.
gamesfreak64: 1+2 were sort of isometric, i own the games, got them as soon as they arrived in our local shops ( years ago on retail nice hardcover box nice (paper) manual).
Nicole28: Yeah, me too. I would prefer a similar isometric design, but with just a little more dash of the stylistic. The trailer doesn't reveal much, but since the game is called Baldur's Gate 3, I'm guessing it will still take place within the southern coast of Faerun at the lands of Am. What are your thoughts?
Same thoughts the setting / environment will be kinda same, problem is imho you cannot create the same atmosphere if you switch to a fallout 3 and up approach, RTS, RPG are better of imho again, with 2d.look .

If they dont used 3d FPP they might used a 3d 3P , showing the characters , but how do you show the party. in FPP? 3 or more people in 3d? . so maybe it will be a pillars approach 2.5 3d look but with all the better graphics ( 3d rendered small characters) and the options to zoom scroll 360 degrees turning rotating the game , like many RPG do now.
Anyway in my case it would still be sad cause i preder 2.5 d, without all the fancy extras i mentioned above.
The best part is, nobody forces us to buy the game :D i will keep searching for other games that look more like the classic BG1+2, Fallout 1+2 and tactics, i wont be buying ATOM cause eventhough they kinda copied Fallout, the engine is no for me, too many rotations, zooming, i dont mind scrolling but using +- to zoom in and be able to tilte the view so i can watch the sky is a no for me, im too stuck to good old games like jagged allaince and its classics.
Remember people, Larian is not all about Original Sin. The first game of the series, Divine Divinity, was an EXCELLENT isometric mix between Diablo and BG. This is indeed great news.

(The only thing I am not so sure is the Ruleset, 5e. I would stick to classic 3.5 with improvements if possible.)
Post edited June 07, 2019 by ratnadhatamam
ratnadhatamam: Remember people, Larian is not all about Original Sin. The first game of the series, Divine Divinity, was an EXCELLENT isometric mix between Diablo and BG. This is indeed great news.

(The only thing I am not so sure is the Ruleset, 5e. I would stick to classic 3.5 with improvements if possible.)
BG3 will be like that game and only the settings will be changed to BG style, so it will be a complete change of 'engine'
i'll pass on that one , ill stick to 2.5d forever, if agame doesnt have that engine and uses similar like larian, its okay ill just pass the game.

Anyway maybe some new smaller developers show up who will create good old games, no fancy stuff and eyecandy.
engines.
Post edited June 07, 2019 by gamesfreak64
Bioware is dead.
Long live Larian!

And who cares what naysayers have to say, they can't change the reality...
ratnadhatamam: Remember people, Larian is not all about Original Sin. The first game of the series, Divine Divinity, was an EXCELLENT isometric mix between Diablo and BG. This is indeed great news.

I doubt Larian will have any choice as to the rule set they use. Since 5e is the current rule set in use, I'm pretty sure WotC will mandate that it's the one used in the game.
If the moneygrabbing twats in shitedog aren't involved in any way, shape or form with this game, maybe it won't be shit. So that's good news I guess.

Sure as hell won't pre-order or buy until well after release, and I can read proper reviews of it.

TerriblePurpose: I doubt Larian will have any choice as to the rule set they use. Since 5e is the current rule set in use, I'm pretty sure WotC will mandate that it's the one used in the game.
I'll bet the deed to my family farm that it'll be an adaptation of 5th Edition D&D aka the line of products that WOTC currently wants you to buy and is presently helping keep Hasbro afloat. I'm not sure what people are expecting in this regard. As the great Yogurt said, "Moichendising!"
Post edited June 07, 2019 by slamdunk
xernos: I think Larian Studio have more chance that Obsidian or Beamdog to not screw this up. Their games have at last good optimization and up to now Divinity was one of my favored series, so I put more trust in them, now we see there will be BG3. Finally something that deserve more attention :) .
Prior to Microsoft eating Obsidian, I'd probably have preferred them to do it. From what I recall they had ideas about it. But after the MS news, I don't expect much good to come from them any more. Unfortunately.

But the main thing is that Shitedog aren't involved. I'd probably (marginally) prefer EA over those useless hacks tbh. And I hate EA.

Hopefully Larian can do a good job. The game shouldn't try to continue the BG1-BG2 story, as that was "complete" so to speak, and you can't really go back to that without heavy-handed retconning. So I hope and expect a new game to start with blank sheets.

Shame about having to use 5e, 2d would have been much better, but it is what it is -- let's just hope it turns out good.

Oh, and I hope it will either be released on Linux natively, or that it's reasonably easy to get it going with for instance DXVK + Wine. As a sensible person (give or take), I will of course stay very, very far away from anything Google will put out. These giga-corporations really need to be chopped up and start respecting privacy.
gamesfreak64: Anyway maybe some new smaller developers show up who will create good old games, no fancy stuff and eyecandy.
engines.
Yeah, they should make it ASCII art only, or just plain text, like in the 70s! But wait... why not just pen & paper? I hate this 20th century!
Post edited June 07, 2019 by teceem
TerriblePurpose: I doubt Larian will have any choice as to the rule set they use. Since 5e is the current rule set in use, I'm pretty sure WotC will mandate that it's the one used in the game.
slamdunk: I'll bet the deed to my family farm that it'll be an adaptation of 5th Edition D&D aka the line of products that WOTC currently wants you to buy and is presently helping keep Hasbro afloat. I'm not sure what people are expecting in this regard. As the great Yogurt said, "Moichendising!"
Exactly.
low rated
I have to admit, I find Baldur's Gate as dull as dish water. Nothing of interest there at all. But Larian are a damn fine company, I'm sure they'll pull another great game out of their bag for this one.