It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

An ancient evil has returned to Baldur's Gate, intent on devouring it from the inside out. The fate of Faerun lies in your hands. Alone, you may resist. But together, you can overcome.

Larian Studios have just announced that they are developing and publishing Baldur’s Gate III. Created in close collaboration with the Dungeons & Dragons team at Wizards of the Coast, Baldur’s Gate III is based off current D&D mechanics and spells and is the official new chapter in the legendary series.

Baldur’s Gate III will push the boundaries of the RPG genre and offer a rich narrative with unparalleled player freedom, high-stakes decisions, unique companion characters and memorable combat. It is Larian Studios’ biggest production ever and will be playable together with friends or as a single-player adventure.

Prepare for the return of a malevolent presence to Baldur's Gate, intent on devouring it from the inside out, corrupting everything that remains in the Forgotten Realms.

Alone you may resist, but together you can overcome. Gather your party.

Baldur’s Gate III Early Access coming to GOG.COM on October 6th!
5ed rules though. Probably the most dumbed down rpg system ever made.

Other than that bit I am looking forward to this game a lot. They found the best developer for the job - no contest.

Glad to see Beamdog didn't get to put their incompetent hands on this one.
Leokosta: Larian and not Beamdog ? Someone could explain to me ?
Because Beamdog are talentless hacks.
Post edited June 07, 2019 by Stig79
OldOldGamer: Mmm... Larian is always too high fantasy for me.

And D&D has AC, that I can't stand.

So, we'll see.
If you don't like High Fantasy, then why bother playing a D and D based game?
rodrolliv: According to this interview here, the game will not be a direct continuation:

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/larian-studios-shares-its-vision-for-baldurs-gate-3-interview

So to answer the question "why BG3?", it's just Brand Name Recognition. It's a profitable saga and I imagine they'll try to have a few references to it in addition to being set in that Forgotten Realms city, but it's gonna be their own story and system.
Because it uses the 5ed rules it has to take place some 200 years after BG2 due to the lore and the history of the Forgotten Realms.
I read it will be coming out for the PS4. I just hope it's not ruined by "consolization" the way some games have been.
low rated
dudalb: I read it will be coming out for the PS4. I just hope it's not ruined by "consolization" the way some games have been.
5ed IS consolization. Easy to play. Hard to die. And every class is WoW ish. Tank, Healer, Damage Dealer etc.
OldOldGamer: Mmm... Larian is always too high fantasy for me.

And D&D has AC, that I can't stand.

So, we'll see.
dudalb: If you don't like High Fantasy, then why bother playing a D and D based game?
I recon Baldur's gate I and II are way less high fantasy than Larian studios standard.

Larian studios border the ridiculously high fantasy.
Well, they corss the border...

The trailer is alrady over the top.
Post edited June 07, 2019 by OldOldGamer
Excellent news!
great news to put GOG on gaming news sites for more exposure
takezodunmer2005: Snagging this full-price when it comes out, may even break my rule and pre-order it, Larian is definitely on par with CDPR for being the best AAA/indie developers out there!

...Wish they had the rights to Dragon age as bioware is pure shit nowadays!
Won't pre-order (because what's the point?--unless they want to discount the pre-order ~20% or so), but I surely will buy it when it's released! This one looks really, really good. Larian continues to break all expectations, imo!
...quand soudain, bébé Chtulu apparait (armure impeccable, du sur-mesure)...
qui s'approche, pour lui faire des gouzy-gouzy? :)
Post edited June 07, 2019 by canartichaut
gandalfnho: Even if not a continuation, is nice to see a new D&D game and Larian is always welcome
slamdunk: It's Larian and it's Dungeons & Dragons. That's all I need to know until more details roll in. For now we can only speculate how 3 relates to 1 and 2.
Pretty much BG1 & 2 have ended that story line--so a new one based on BG1/2 lore and atmosphere would be very welcome--This will be a full-fledged 3d game which should add much to the story just in the presentation, imo. Larian seems like just the company to handle this, too! I can't imagine anyone else doing it these days--Bioware has completely drowned inside EA--and CDPR has forsaken all for a futuristic saga--so this will be very welcome! Really, really fantastic to see Larian stepping up to the challenge like this!
thainej6: Saw this advertised on the main page and thought beamdog = not interested, hard pass.
Watched the trailer, scrolled down the games page a bit to see Larian Studios = Very interested, /heavybreathing
Don't know where that rumor came from, but, imo, Beamdog absolutely cannot tackle a new, ground-up AAA RPG on the scope of BG III. They have the talent for whipping some old games into running in modern hardware, OS environments, certainly--but that is a far cry from doing a game like BG III from the ground up. There's just no way Beamdog might have ever done something like this--they just are not equipped and staffed for it.
Post edited June 07, 2019 by waltc
I knew about this since the leaked name in the source code of the home page, it is no less surprise nonetheless.
Looking forward to their take on it.

I just hope they will leave the brilliant story of former dilogy at rest and only will continue "the brand" in terms of mechanics and setting.

Such a good year - Bloodlines 2, Cyberpunk 2077, System Shock remake + 3 and now this - these upcoming years are shaping to be a good ones, very good ones :)

Instabuy, of course :)
I think maybe calling this BG3 could be a wrong move, as people will be expecting a direct sequel to a story that is concluded (as far as I'm concerned) when it really sounds more like a game just set in the same world with all that's gone before as background story.
dudalb: I read it will be coming out for the PS4. I just hope it's not ruined by "consolization" the way some games have been.
Divinity OS games are on consoles, they're still fine games. Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2, Torment, Wasteland 2 etc are all on consoles and I like all of them. The machine does not cause a game to be bad, it's choices made by developers. I trust Larian with their track record enough to give them the benefit of the doubt. If there's any reservation I have it's in the latest D&D ruleset.
Post edited June 07, 2019 by CMOT70
OK. Now I'm hyped.
My mind has just been flayed.