It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

catpower1980: BREAKING NEWS (well, not so surprising) : David Cameron is apparently resigning
Good riddance!
catpower1980: BREAKING NEWS (well, not so surprising) : David Cameron is apparently resigning
I wasn't sure he was going to after all the letters of support and stuff.
God help us if Boris Johnson becomes PM though... :/
Zabohad: Interesting. I would think Polish would know better than others what is worth "full national sovereignty" when your nation is bordering some stronger "fully sovereign" nation.
SLP2000: It's not about the "full national sovereignty", it's about the direction EU is going to.
In that case I apologize. There is so much naive rejoicing over the result in the thread that i lumped you and X-com with it. Definitely a rash reaction from my side. I agree, the attempts for political integration of member countries are at best prematured and ill-advised.
Victory! B for Britain! Sorros, Bankers, NWOs, GO ALL TO HELL, PRONTO!!!

Now, for Czescs, Italians and the rest of us to vote OUTSIDE! NOW!!!
Post edited June 24, 2016 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
I am came into work this morning to emails from companies in Europe saying that they no longer want to work with us. Given that I write for several trade magazines that cover the manufacturing, shipping and energy industries, the impact this is going to have in the country as a whole will be... interesting to say the least.
high rated
My two cents are as follows.

As someone else has already pointed out and done so well. This is more like running away from a mess that you took part in, than trying to fix it.
The arguments for leaving were, as a whole, populist, sentimental and patriotic bordering on jingoism. The worrying thing is, they worked.
Post edited June 24, 2016 by j0ekerr
SLP2000: It's not about the "full national sovereignty", it's about the direction EU is going to.
Zabohad: In that case I apologize. There is so much naive rejoicing over the result in the thread that i lumped you and X-com with it. Definitely a rash reaction from my side. I agree, the attempts for political integration of member countries are at best prematured and ill-advised.
But especially for ex-soviet block countries, there is currently no better alternative to EU.

Without EU, we would be at the moment at the same political and economic level as Ukraine. If anyone thinks otherwise, they are unfortunately pretty naive person.
drewpants: I am came into work this morning to emails from companies in Europe saying that they no longer want to work with us. Given that I write for several trade magazines that cover the manufacturing, shipping and energy industries, the impact this is going to have in the country as a whole will be... interesting to say the least.
I'm basically repeating what someone else is. But personally I think there will be a lot of noise in the early days, then things will smooth over, and remain a lot like they are now.
Patriotism can be a powerful force but money always overrules it.
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Italians
You can go where you want. I will stay in Europe.
drewpants: I am came into work this morning to emails from companies in Europe saying that they no longer want to work with us. Given that I write for several trade magazines that cover the manufacturing, shipping and energy industries, the impact this is going to have in the country as a whole will be... interesting to say the least.
And so it begins... bye bye UK economy :/
j0ekerr: My two cents are as follows.

As someone else has already pointed out and done so well. This is more like running away from a mess that you took part in, than trying to fix it.
The arguments for leaving were, as a whole, populist, sentimental and patriotic bordering on jingoism. The worrying thing is, they worked.
Yeah, it's been pretty scary.
LiefLayer: You can go where you want. I will stay in Europe.
But of course, my dear. It is your right to pick your poison and your own prison bars, no one will decide for you; only you have the right.

As Nietzsce said: "It is the business of the very few to be independent; it is a privilege of the strong." See around you only to realize this fine gent of a genius was completely right...
drewpants: -snip-
j0ekerr: I'm basically repeating what someone else is. But personally I think there will be a lot of noise in the early days, then things will smooth over, and remain a lot like they are now.
Patriotism can be a powerful force but money always overrules it.
I hope so, I just want it on record for my European brothers and sisters that I voted remain and am still very fond of you all!
It's just some kind of bluff (not the appropriate word but you get the idea). As expected, UK and EU will have a hard time on the market in the following weeks but things will go back to normal as contrary to a country like Belgium, UK has always have been an important country in terms of economy and politics for centuries so it's unlikely to change.
catpower1980: It's just some kind of bluff (not the appropriate word but you get the idea). As expected, UK and EU will have a hard time on the market in the following weeks but things will go back to normal as contrary to a country like Belgium, UK has always have been an important country in terms of economy and politics for centuries so it's unlikely to change.
It would just be nice if we could do that without being dicks to the rest of you, y'know? Co-operation is far me effective than this childish notion of 'independence' that keeps getting bounded around.