It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The DRM-free initiative.

We've always been on a mission to offer you games with no DRM protection whatsoever. Today, we want to start taking things a step further, help out people who bought a retail game with DRM, then ended up stuck with something rather unplayable. We can help you enjoy your favorites once again, and this time around, enjoy them DRM-free!

There are countless retail games out there that don’t work for various reasons: unsupported types of DRM, system incompatibilities, broken features. There's too many too count. Starting today, owners of several retail titles originally sold with DRM can get a digital copy of their game completely free at GOG.com: with no DRM as always, compatible with modern operating systems, and with plenty of goodies to boot.
<span class="bold">Reclaim these games, DRM-FREE:</span>

Editions released worldwide:
-S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
-S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
-S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

Editions released only in CIS & Russian territories:
-Mount & Blade: Warband
-Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword
-Eador: Genesis

To reclaim your game, just use one of the keys that came with your box. You can find more detailed information on the Reclaim your games, DRM-FREE! page to see if your key is compatible and just where to go from there.

This is just the start of something much bigger. We plan to add more titles to the list in the future - it's a long and complicated process that involves negotiating with multiple parties and a scavenger hunt to retrieve forgotten key-databases - but then, we are on a mission here, we'll do whatever it takes.
Post edited April 02, 2015 by Konrad
OK, time to transfer some stuff from Steam I guess.
Shadow of Chernobyl: successfully redeemed (CD-key found in the multiplayer section of the menu);
Call of Pripyat: key invalid. I'm not in any hurry, I'll give it another go in a month or two maybe.

The whole "get a DRM-free copy of a game you bought elsewhere" incentive is kind of unexpected, but in a good way. GOG, you have my thanks.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl = Valid (Retail disc)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky = Invalid (Steam)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat = Invalid (Steam)
Post edited April 03, 2015 by Wartinald
I asked support about the ShoC key but despite my clear statements I just got a "Steam keys don't work; please try it again; make sure you don't confuse O and 0" answer. I even sent the key (from the registry, so there are NO typos) in the mail, which has the correct format and is from the game's multiplayer menu. Really, GOG?
Wurzelkraft: I asked support about the ShoC key but despite my clear statements I just got a "Steam keys don't work; please try it again; make sure you don't confuse O and 0" answer. I even sent the key (from the registry, so there are NO typos) in the mail, which has the correct format and is from the game's multiplayer menu. Really, GOG?
I got almost the same answer, maybe we got unlucky.
What a nice move by GOG, thanks! I just reclaimed my retail copy of Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl. My code worked like a charm..
NathosT: Same here

It's telling me it's invalid
JudasIscariot: Make sure to write the code, not copy paste as sometimes copy pasting adds a blank space that counts as a character on the end somewhere. Also, the form is case sensitive so make sure you are entering the codes in the proper case :)

Another thing is that one or all of the STALKER games may have a game key and a multiplayer key so if you see a multiplayer key, please use that one in the reclaim form :)
still doesnt work for me
i entered the cd key manually and i still get invalid key
Wurzelkraft: I asked support about the ShoC key but despite my clear statements I just got a "Steam keys don't work; please try it again; make sure you don't confuse O and 0" answer. I even sent the key (from the registry, so there are NO typos) in the mail, which has the correct format and is from the game's multiplayer menu. Really, GOG?
Please keep in mind that only keys from retail copies are supposed to work. That being said, we will do our best to keep updating our list of compatible codes, so please check back in the future to see if your code can be used.
Unfortunately there is no way for us to add a game manually on a per-case basis. If the code doesn't work, we're unable to help - unless we secure a previously-unknown batch of codes and add it to the system.
Firek: Please keep in mind that only keys from retail copies are supposed to work. That being said, we will do our best to keep updating our list of compatible codes, so please check back in the future to see if your code can be used.
Unfortunately there is no way for us to add a game manually on a per-case basis. If the code doesn't work, we're unable to help - unless we secure a previously-unknown batch of codes and add it to the system.
oh well
win some lose some

not as if i actually played the game yet even though i bought it 2 years ago
Firek: Please keep in mind that only keys from retail copies are supposed to work. That being said, we will do our best to keep updating our list of compatible codes, so please check back in the future to see if your code can be used.
Makes me wonder what kind of key is shown in the multiplayer menu then since it's not a regular Steam key (these have a different format).
http://www.gog.com/forum/stalker_series/stalker_forum_not_shown_at_first
Is this a known GOG-bug?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's an older GOG-bug.
Post edited April 07, 2015 by Elbart
I sent a ticket to GOG support about SoC, with a picture of my Steam receipt, from 2009.

And now I feel like an ass. If only the person responding to my ticket had been this clear, I wouldn't have re-opened it.
Oh well, so basically if it doesn't work chances are they don't have your key in their database and adding new ones might or might not happen at some point in time. Oh well, guess I'll have to stick to the steam versions then. Won't get anymore funds for the duration of the promo so won't be getting them again for now. Fingers crossed for the next insomnia though.
Thank you GOG for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
JudasIscariot: Ask yourself: what would we gain from those keys? :) So no, it's not a trick :)
A Thievin' Bastard asks what he would gain from some keys. Now I'm sure that it is a trick. :P
JudasIscariot: Ask yourself: what would we gain from those keys? :) So no, it's not a trick :)
PaterAlf: A Thievin' Bastard asks what he would gain from some keys. Now I'm sure that it is a trick. :P
I don't work in Support :P