It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
10 years later still arguing about an OPTIONAL client? You refuse to adapt, yet expecting to enjoy the same benefits.
joppo: Commander Keen * was definitely going to be in my cart right now. Too bad Gog is still burying their heads in the sand.

Edit: *(and probably a lot more titles)
fronzelneekburm: Huh, same as Hexen: interesting release, very tempting price point. Too bad they haven't released Devotion yet.

What a shame...
joppo: Well you should look at this boycott for its bright side: Now that I'm not buying, I'm not annoyed that we who bought The Witcher 3 before the GOTY edition once again got lower discounts for the Season Pass.
Look at the even brighterer side: If CD Projekt Rekt hadn't fucked us with that Witcher 3 GOTY Edition I mighta been tempted to pre-order Cyberpunk 2077! And look how that might have turned out...

Bullet dodged! Phew! Ya done me a solid, Marcin! xD
high rated
joppo:
fronzelneekburm: Look at the even brighterer side: If CD Projekt Rekt hadn't fucked us with that Witcher 3 GOTY Edition I mighta been tempted to pre-order Cyberpunk 2077! And look how that might have turned out...

Bullet dodged! Phew! Ya done me a solid, Marcin! xD
Hahaha, that was indeed the best favor you could have received from him! xD
wormholewizards: 10 years later still arguing about an OPTIONAL client? You refuse to adapt, yet expecting to enjoy the same benefits.
It's interesting that you get the urge to throw down your opinion yet you obviously haven't even read anything of the thread. If informed opinions are worth 2c, what is an uninformed one worth?

Here's a spoiler for you: despite the several reasons people have to be wary of Galaxy, there are comparatively few mentions of it in these 1000+ posts. This thing goes way past the issues people have with the client.
Post edited February 10, 2021 by joppo
high rated
wormholewizards: 10 years later still arguing about an OPTIONAL client? You refuse to adapt, yet expecting to enjoy the same benefits.
It hasn't been 10 yrs since galaxy and it isn't optional if you need it to play multiplayer on certain games. Why should people settle for mediocrity and conform to something they disagree with?
low rated
I personally will have a very good time NOT boycotting GOG in 2021.

Best regards

phil
Are we anticipating any kind of statement from GOG at any point regarding the Devotion fiasco? I have my own thoughts but since everything went down I haven't purchased anything. Ironically I gifted Hollow Knight to a friend the morning the Devotion issue happened, which was a first for me. So my last GOG purchase was not for myself and also opened the doors to someone who previously wasn't on GOG.

I do work/school/life so I'm just checking if there has been any further communication of any kind as I could have missed it. Maybe it would change my mind, and maybe not, but until GOG communicates with us as customers I'm holding off any further purchases. An explanation seems in order at the very least.

As to Cyberpunk I don't own it and likely can't run it but I need less explanation on that. I've been playing games since the 80's so I'm not confused. A big anticipated AAA title isn't finished to some extent(I've heard varying opinions but again, don't own it so I can't weigh in). It sucks. It happens. In the age of the internet it's fixable. It shouldn't be happening but it's not like having a glitchy NES cartridge you have to mail back to get a patched version. I can imagine a statement would be some variant of "our bad. We're working on fixing it".

The Devotion issue I would really like some clarity on though.
Mplath1: Are we anticipating any kind of statement from GOG at any point regarding the Devotion fiasco?
No. They seem intent on burying it and some of the resident fanbois are circling the wagons by trying to deflect blame from gog with whatever moronic excuse they can concoct.

Mplath1: Maybe it would change my mind, and maybe not, but until GOG communicates with us as customers I'm holding off any further purchases.
Guess it's safe to add you to the list on page 1 then...
high rated
Mplath1: Are we anticipating any kind of statement from GOG at any point regarding the Devotion fiasco?
As fronzelneekburm mentioned above: No. There won't be any response from them. All you can do is stick to your principles and carry on. Or whatever you choose.
I personally am only here to read this forum from time to time and to download any updates for games I bought before this debacle.
Post edited February 11, 2021 by Zorzy
high rated
At this point I don't expect a statement from them on any subject. They made no statement on the Epic deal, no statement on Devotion (beyond the "many gamers" tweet), and now no statement regarding the impact of the CDPR hack on GOG. If that wasn't statement worthy, than nothing is.
Post edited February 11, 2021 by Breja
Breja: At this point I don't expect a statement from them on any subject. They made no statement on the Epic deal, no statement on Devotion (beyond the "many gamers" tweet), and now no statement regarding the impact of the CDPR hack on GOG. If that wasn't statement worthy, than nothing is.
According to their twitter post https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status/1359048125403590660 "[...] to our best knowledge-the compromisd systems did not contain any personal data of our players or users of our services. [...]"

I don't think we get any more concrete statements than that for now.
Breja: At this point I don't expect a statement from them on any subject. They made no statement on the Epic deal, no statement on Devotion (beyond the "many gamers" tweet), and now no statement regarding the impact of the CDPR hack on GOG. If that wasn't statement worthy, than nothing is.
The_Puppet94: According to their twitter post https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status/1359048125403590660 "[...] to our best knowledge-the compromisd systems did not contain any personal data of our players or users of our services. [...]"

I don't think we get any more concrete statements than that for now.
That's a twit from CDProjekt RED. I don't count that as a statement from GOG, and it doesn't really tell me anything as a GOG customer. Even if the statement should only ammount to "the hack need not concern you, it had nothing to do with GOG", GOG still should have made it, and on the front page of the store. Fuck twitter.
Time4Tea: However, I am not convinced that GOG had much to do with it, given their reticent lack of communication regarding the topic. So, I am not going to let them off the hook at this point. I would like to see some other games on this list addressed, if I am going to be convinced that GOG intends to properly enforce their DRM-free policy.
The_Puppet94: I am not sure GOG can do much about it, its always the publisher choice. All GOG could do is remove it from the store.
I don't think it's quite as binary as that. GOG could put pressure on the publisher/developer. They could say something like: "Guys, your game contains DRM, which is in violation of our store's policy. We'll give you 3 months to patch it out, otherwise we will have to remove the game from the store until it is fixed". That is the sort of action I would expect from a store that is serious about enforcing their own stated policies.
high rated
derwendelin: I personally will have a very good time NOT boycotting GOG in 2021.

Best regards

phil
I sincerely hope you'll never suffer from some unjust authority messing up with you, abusing their power for questionable reasons, Phil.

LOL, "adapt". Sounds like Borgs complaining about people refusing assimilation.
The "optional" client would be that as long as they keep it an alternative, which isn't the case since they removed their downloader and don't support some functions on some games unless you MANDATORILY use the aforementioned client.
I started using GOG because they sold games with no DRM, using no client and without regional pricing. Not just because of one of those 3 things. Because of ALL THREE. They were pretty much equally important to me. Heck, they even SPORTED THOSE THREE FOUNDING PRINCIPLES ON THEIR HOMEPAGE AND LITERALLY MADE A VIDEO MOCKING STORES THAT DID OTHERWISE.
You are fine with that? Well, guess what, my opinion counts as much as yours, deal with it.
Post edited February 11, 2021 by Shendue
low rated
derwendelin: I personally will have a very good time NOT boycotting GOG in 2021.

Best regards

phil
Shendue: I sincerely hope you'll never suffer from some unjust authority messing up with you, abusing their power for questionable reasons, Phil.
You sound a lot like you're gloating there, Phil. You didn't happen to shoot GOG an e-mail concerning a certain horror game a few months ago, did you?

P.S.

Good job being part of the reason the gaming industry still pulls the bullshit it does, dingus.
Post edited February 11, 2021 by WeirdoGeek
Count me in.