It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Ancient-Red-Dragon: I see what you are saying, but the problem with this thread now is that it is inevitably going to become locked, since it's full of hundreds of political posts, which isn't allowed on this board.
ReynardFox: Eh, gonna go out on a conspiratorial limb and say GOG is unlikely to lock this topic. I suspect to them this thread has become a "designated talking ghetto" they allow to try to keep the 'undesirables' in one place, lest more people make more threads.
It's also far easier for any meaningful posts to get lost in a sea of spam unless someone saves them.

19:00
Post edited March 06, 2022 by §pec†re
low rated
Gog is still the best platform. The boycott favors an epic or steam.

I agree that there are very objectionable things in gog such as the ban on Russian users, but this small group of users who want to sink gog is doing a lot of damage and will probably be banned.
low rated
GroguSkywalker: Gog is still the best platform. The boycott favors an epic or steam.
This may be difficult to understand, but you can simply not buy games from any store.

Amazing, right?!

GroguSkywalker: I agree that there are very objectionable things in gog such as the ban on Russian users, but this small group of users who want to sink gog is doing a lot of damage and will probably be banned.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

So... lemme get this straight: Boycotters are doung damage by not buying games. So gog should punish them by rendering them unable to buy games. xD

I've seen my fair share of galaxy-brained takes in this thread, but this may just be the most galaxy-braindest of all!
low rated
GroguSkywalker: Gog is still the best platform. The boycott favors an epic or steam.

I agree that there are very objectionable things in gog such as the ban on Russian users, but this small group of users who want to sink gog is doing a lot of damage and will probably be banned.
Please do not add yourself to the trend, since some days, of invoking ban every half an hour. For the rest, I agree.
And I still think a thread of 200+ pages mixed with digressions, insults, bots and spam is not good to be left to grow
low rated
fronzelneekburm: This may be difficult to understand, but you can simply not buy games from any store.

Amazing, right?!

GroguSkywalker: I agree that there are very objectionable things in gog such as the ban on Russian users, but this small group of users who want to sink gog is doing a lot of damage and will probably be banned.
fronzelneekburm: BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

So... lemme get this straight: Boycotters are doung damage by not buying games. So gog should punish them by rendering them unable to buy games. xD

I've seen my fair share of galaxy-brained takes in this thread, but this may just be the most galaxy-braindest of all!
No, they are doing a lot of damage because they constantly attack gog and forget that the rest of the platforms are much worse.

These users are known in many cases for their disrespect to other users and can be banned.

If I were gog I would bring back the Russian users and ban this small group of toxic users.

We would all appreciate it.
low rated
I am almost tempted to agree with you, but for different reasons.

I believe that punishing Russian gamers for the actions of one man is grossly unfair and petty. Gog is a video game retailer; NOT a political platform. Gog's focus should be politically agnostic; otherwise by Gog's own standard, Gog should have banned the gamers of every single nation on Earth that is actively committing crimes against humanity.

Consider the Communist Dictatorship of China who has committed intentional genocide against the Tibetans, Uyghurs, Chinese Christians, and brutally persecuted those participants of the "Free Hong Kong" movement of 2019-2020. These crimes alone should have resulted in Gog permanently banning all business with China, but Gog has not done so. So why punish Russian gamers for the actions of Vladimir Putin when Chinese gamers are not being made to face the same punishment for Xi Jinping's crimes?

To the people running Gog:

Please tell me in all seriousness that this move to ban Russian gamers is not the result of the historic blood-feud (bitterness, resentment, racism, revenge) between the people of Poland and the people of Russia. What happened to Poland under the U.S.S.R. was atrocious. I recognize that. But holding today's people of Russia to one standard while continuing to do business with China AND completely ignoring their most horrific of crimes to date?

Evil is evil. You cannot have it both ways. And that is not how you run a business that is supposed to be focused on...

Just.
Selling.
Video Games.

(And exactly when were video games so important that banning their sales to a nation could hold that sovereign nation hostage? Seriously?)

Either you run your business with one standard for all, or you remain neutral with no standards at all.

I am genuinely fed up with the idiotic politics. Yes. I am tempted to boycott Gog.

Prove me wrong.
Post edited March 07, 2022 by user deleted
low rated
GroguSkywalker: No, they are doing a lot of damage because they constantly attack gog and forget that the rest of the platforms are much worse.

These users are known in many cases for their disrespect to other users and can be banned.

If I were gog I would bring back the Russian users and ban this small group of toxic users.

We would all appreciate it.
That's cool, but... whose alt are you again?
low rated

Zoom Platform is better than gog, the installers are handled better from the naming to actually updating them or fixing a game if it has issues. Also their customer service is light years better than gog.
low rated
Atrithau: In my mind I've tried to separate CDPR the company and the shit they've pulled from GOG itself, which was founded on principles I strongly support. However, I really am done. If this is the path they want to take, then Gaben can have my money and his cut, and I'll live with the DRM.
If you like DRM-free and haven't tried em yet:
Zoom Platform is DRM free as well

Yes, they don't have as many games as here(though they are adding more all the time :)), but they are DRM free and don't support the woke/pc nonsense for virtue points.

=-=-=-=-=

Time4Tea: If you want to boycott GOG over the recent decisions, that is fair enough, but I think it would be best if someone made a separate thread and list for that.
Why can't they be part of this boycott as well? Why the "need" for segregation?

Time4Tea: Again, this thread and boycott were set up for specific reasons, which over 100 people have already signed up for. It is not a general "I'm pissed off at GOG and I want to boycott" thread.....
Actually, from your own words/posts(and the posts of others), that is exactly what this thread is and always has been......i.e. "people all have their own reasons for being part of this thread/boycott".
Post edited March 07, 2022 by GamezRanker
low rated
Skarborr: If you decide to vote then this will be visible on the main page (Community Wishlist):
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/please_dont_block_russia
Voted

=-=-=-=

heiselong: The question is: Will they listen to 'many messages from gamers'?
Only if it's politically correct and/or would give them good PR, it seems.
Post edited March 07, 2022 by GamezRanker
low rated
Skarborr: If you decide to vote then this will be visible on the main page (Community Wishlist):
voted
low rated
I just requested the suggested change to the thread title, and I have also updated the first post list with the requested changes there. I think the change to the title is a very good idea, as it will advertise clearly up-front to anyone browsing the forum what we're boycotting over and what the focus is.

Also, if others want to make other boycott threads for Russia ban, obscure curation, poor customer support, etc. then they should be free to do that without confusion.
Post edited March 07, 2022 by Time4Tea
low rated
Time4Tea: I just requested the suggested change to the thread title, and I have also updated the first post list with the requested changes there. I think the change to the title is a very good idea, as it will advertise clearly up-front to anyone browsing the forum what we're boycotting over and what the focus is.

Also, if others want to make other boycott threads for Russia ban, obscure curation, poor customer support, etc. then they should be free to do that without confusion.
Sure, someone's going to step up and make a thread called "Boycotting gog (but for somewhat different reasons than the other boycott thread)"

Peak retardery. I'm out. Remove me from the list.
low rated
tfishell: voted
Already 404.
low rated

Truth007: Zoom Platform is better than gog, the installers are handled better from the naming to actually updating them or fixing a game if it has issues. Also their customer service is light years better than gog.
Whilst GOG's support has gone now with the bot and that, I would not say Zoom are particularly good. I had a simple question, and when I contacted their email, they simply directed me to Discord, where I had to create an account (i.e. hand over my details), and then use an IM system. This may be good for all the cool young kids out there, I like the ask question/get response of the old days, not sitting watching XYZ is typing. That was a real downside to Zoom and I would avoid using it again because of it.