It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Herzlich Willkommen!

GOG.com goes German. Not completely, mind you, but starting today we'll be spreading our DRM-free love in one more language. Whether you're here because of the news, or you've been with us for a while, here is what we're doing to make our German speaking friends feel a little more welcome on GOG.com:

-A German version of our website. You can change your language using the drop-down menu towards the bottom of every page.
-A German corner of our forums. Your home away from home.
-German customer support. If you're more comfortable talking to us in your native language.
-More games in German. We're rolling out 25+ German localisations for our games today, bringing the total up to 350+.

No big announcement would be complete without a huge sale! This weekend we're holding the German-riffic <span class="bold">Herzlich Willkommen!</span> promo. The highlight is a ridiculous 97% off Deponia, but there are over 25 other German gaming hits available as well. There is adventuring with the remaining Deponia games, the cult strategy of The Settlers, the tough and turn-based tactics in Blackguards 1 and 2, and many, many more feats of German game design.

Check out <span class="bold">the weekend promo page</span> to see the full lineup. The promo will last until Tuesday, March 3, at 4:59 AM GMT.

Update:
Two games from our catalog had to be made unavailable in Germany: Commandos Ammo Pack and Commandos 2+3. Offering or promoting these games is considered a serious criminal offence according to German law, and we have to abide by this law to avoid the risk of serious legal action taken against GOG.com and GOG.com employees. Rest assured that if you've already bought a game - nothing will retroactively disappear from your shelves.
Post edited February 27, 2015 by Chamb
Lemon_Curry: I'm sure Smannesman is just being sarcastic. :)
MarkoH01: I hate written sarcasm without a proper ;)

;) - you see?
;) is also known as the douchebag smiley.
But you can't discuss without the "sarcasm" shield these days.

;) - you see?
I understand though personally I feel sarcasm defies the use of smileys and comes with the risk of being misunderstood.
nice!
It's funny how many of the games - which have added german versions now - I already completed in english.
well, at least one can regard it as forced learning process (school has once more failed so badly :D), so maybe I should even be grateful =D
Dankeschön GOG!
jtsn: The German GOG site is clearly aimed at minors. The tone they chose is how German marketeers address preschoolers. If they really meant to target adults by this, it's disrespectful, because their language is insulting.
Frankly I think it's because the German texts are meant to be faithful to the English ones and some stuff is just lost in translation, that's just how the resulting texts end up sounding (and to make it clear: I'm a German native speaker with some professional writing experience). But to be honest I can't complain about the German texts I've read here so far.
eiii: In the case of GOG it's quite easy: "Du" would perfectly have fitted for the good old GOG website, "Sie" perfectly fits for the new, "better" GOG.
jtsn: Actually, "du" without permission is an insult. Unless the person you're addressing is below 14 years old.
?
As far as i know Sie is for grownups, adults so to speak, or people who 'deserve' to be called Sie because they work on certain positions or were part of a royal family.

I dont know if its still valid but if there was a royal kid < 14 they had to call him Sie or sir
In dutch we used to have a similar word:

u or U if it was the first letter in a sentence:

dutch example

U ziet er stralend uit majesteit

or

In dit geval bent u verantwoordelijk als er iets verkeerd gaat tijdens deze missie.

I cant remember if we used a capital U in the mid of a sentence / phrase (whatever you call it)
in the past, nowadays most kids seem to forgot that parents and elder people should be called U or u
Nowadays most kids arent that polite anymore and they often call their parents just you ( that would be jij or je in dutch)
or in some combinations it could be: jou or jouw
Some people believe dutch is fairly easy, but don;t be fooled cause its far from it.

I believe its way easier for a person to make him or herself understandable in english then in any other language.

Of course when it comes to grammar even the english born can mess up, it all depends on how well some one is able to learn/pickup things.

I dont mean the common typoos, cause these have nothing to do if a person can or cant make him/herself understandable.
And there will always be more ways and words to phrase a question, itt all depends in which part of the country you were born (dialect)

So generally you can describe things using more words, while still telling the same, thats why they made dictionaries.

i dont try to talk german cause that would be a laugh if i did.
But dutch or any langauge for that matter are easy to learn, if someone picks it up fast, then its more like a 'gift' to the person who picks it up so easy.
Post edited February 26, 2015 by gamesfreak64
low rated
MightyTallestZim: And I will apply my money to sites that don't do that shit in the future.
Are there any that you can use without a VPN?
high rated
"but starting today we'll be spreading our DRM-free love in one more language"
"Two games from our catalog had to be made unavailable in Germany: Commandos Ammo Pack and Commandos 2+3"

Congratulations to your new achievement "DRM-free love is overrated. Lets introduce Region Lock".
Well, done guys! Shame on you!
PaterAlf: I hope so too. But normally it shouldn't be a problem for GOG as they are not located in Germany. German law doesn't forbid to buy and possess censored or banned media. It's just forbidden to promote them or to sell them in stores within Germany (or to resell or distribute them when you possess them).

We already got several games here that are censored in Germany and I've never heard that it caused GOG any problems.
MarkoH01: We will see this if the Far Cry Language patch does only patch the language or other things, too ;)
Seems I was way too optimistic. I'm very disappointed in GOG. Never thought they'd do that kind of shit.
eiii: In the case of GOG it's quite easy: "Du" would perfectly have fitted for the good old GOG website, "Sie" perfectly fits for the new, "better" GOG.
jtsn: Actually, "du" without permission is an insult. Unless the person you're addressing is below 14 years old.
O_o
Using "du" is completely fine in casual environments, it's not an insult. And we don't live in a time anymore now when adults can only meet in non-casual ways as it might have been 20 years ago.

Ikea has also been using "du" for years in their communication with customers.
AlienMind: First off:
If you make Commandos unavailable, you have to make all these unavailable too, or you are inconsistent:
http://www.blood-is-red.de/mw/index.php/Liste_beschlagnahmter_Spiele
Commandos is the only PC game on that list that GOG sells, so they are being consistent.
Flaose: Commandos is the only PC game on that list that GOG sells, so they are being consistent.
'cept Mortal Kombat
Lemon_Curry: I'm sure Smannesman is just being sarcastic. :)

;) - you see?
Wait, now I'm unsure if you're being sarcastic about hating non-annotated sarcasm.
Flaose: Commandos is the only PC game on that list that GOG sells, so they are being consistent.
AlienMind: 'cept Mortal Kombat
It appears that the Mortal Kombat ban only applies to the console versions (though perhaps Mortal Kombat II PC is banned as well).
Piranjade: O_o
Using "du" is completely fine in casual environments, it's not an insult. And we don't live in a time anymore now when adults can only meet in non-casual ways as it might have been 20 years ago.
It depends if you're in Stuttgart/München or Hamburg...

The social climate in the south is more distanced and cold in general imho.
Look, I've even changed my avatar and my forum title to celebrate another "good news" on GOG!

Edit: Strange, why didn't it change my avatar?
Post edited February 26, 2015 by PaterAlf