It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Herzlich Willkommen!

GOG.com goes German. Not completely, mind you, but starting today we'll be spreading our DRM-free love in one more language. Whether you're here because of the news, or you've been with us for a while, here is what we're doing to make our German speaking friends feel a little more welcome on GOG.com:

-A German version of our website. You can change your language using the drop-down menu towards the bottom of every page.
-A German corner of our forums. Your home away from home.
-German customer support. If you're more comfortable talking to us in your native language.
-More games in German. We're rolling out 25+ German localisations for our games today, bringing the total up to 350+.

No big announcement would be complete without a huge sale! This weekend we're holding the German-riffic <span class="bold">Herzlich Willkommen!</span> promo. The highlight is a ridiculous 97% off Deponia, but there are over 25 other German gaming hits available as well. There is adventuring with the remaining Deponia games, the cult strategy of The Settlers, the tough and turn-based tactics in Blackguards 1 and 2, and many, many more feats of German game design.

Check out <span class="bold">the weekend promo page</span> to see the full lineup. The promo will last until Tuesday, March 3, at 4:59 AM GMT.

Update:
Two games from our catalog had to be made unavailable in Germany: Commandos Ammo Pack and Commandos 2+3. Offering or promoting these games is considered a serious criminal offence according to German law, and we have to abide by this law to avoid the risk of serious legal action taken against GOG.com and GOG.com employees. Rest assured that if you've already bought a game - nothing will retroactively disappear from your shelves.
Post edited February 27, 2015 by Chamb
just got port royale

its not the pirates! game i had on c64 /amiga but its the closest thing to it and its no 3d, the ships look 3d but i can let the computer handle the seabattles

all in all a nice pirates! clone
gamesfreak64: just got port royale

its not the pirates! game i had on c64 /amiga but its the closest thing to it and its no 3d, the ships look 3d but i can let the computer handle the seabattles

You should take a look at Sword of the Samurai, it was designed as the spiritual successor to Pirates! .
Hatman: One reason i like(d) GOG so far was that i could get original versions of games that are censored or blacklisted in germany, and other distribution systems like Steam don't give me access to them regardless of my age (37).

This move angers me as a "german" customer.

And i'm not sure if it's worth it. The typical german who's in the age range to be interested in classic games usually speaks some level of english. Wich means he is already a client or at least in your target group. I highly doubt that this move will give GOG more new (non-english speaking) german customers than disgruntled germans that are capable of english and just haven't heard of GOG yet...
Precisely ;)

I haven't played a game or watched a movie in german like...forever. Don't like the often not well done dubbs or translations with the generic voices of the same 3 male and 3 female voiceover cast in germany. No thank you. Since my english is pretty decent, I absolutely don't crave any german translation. And again: GOG and also Steam of course are no german companies therefore german law does not apply to them. They still can sale anything that does not violate US or Polish law. So please cut the crap and the "excuses", hire a capable! lawer and give us our Commandos back!
gamesfreak64: just got port royale

Do I see it right, that the original (=German) version of the game is still not included (just like in "Der Patrizier")?
Klumpen0815: Wrong, there is a German censored version, it was even delivered in gaming magazines here.
I guess GoG just doesn't have the rights to distribute it.
immi101: no, I see the german version available for download in my account. So the version is definitely there.
GOG really should put at least this one up for sale again.

But maybe their shop system can't deal yet with that properly?
You are right. That's most likely the reason why they are currently working on a new library system (as mentioned by the blues): To block certain language versions for certain countries - yet another step towards becoming Steam's little brother.
Post edited February 27, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Wirklich?
Post edited February 27, 2015 by petitmal
Vainamoinen: Where, please, where?!? Towards the bottom of what?

I've GOT to get back to English.
JudasIscariot: Go to the main page :) The language drop down menu is there. It's not present in General Discussion :)
Will you be adding such a drop down to the store page in the Galaxy client? I'm behind a German IP but I prefer English.
Klumpen0815: Do I see it right, that the original (=German) version of the game is still not included (just like in "Der Patrizier")?
You are right. That's most likely the reason why they are currently working on a new library system (as mentioned by the blues): To block certain language versions for certain countries - yet another step towards becoming Steam's little brother.
This would be the day I stop buying here.
mobutu: Why go to such complicated and expensive things when there's already an easy system implemented/working:
- a child cannot make/authorize the payment for a digital product, unless he has his legal guardian (parents) consent.
Last I know, a child can have bank accounts and shit but he cannot make any sort of payment without the consent of his legal guardian. Has this changed? I don't think so.
Depends on the age of the child. With the age of 15 you are already allowed to make contracts that you can overview (e.g. you can buy stuff like a Nintendo DS console, but not amobile phone contract) and even when you are younger you can buy cheap stuff without your parent (the so called Taschengeld-Paragraph). So from a legal point of view it would be ok for a child to buy a Paysafecard and use it to buy some cheap games on GOG.

Only allowing credit cards for certain games could help though. As far as I know there's no way that a minor legally can one here.
Klumpen0815: Do I see it right, that the original (=German) version of the game is still not included (just like in "Der Patrizier")?
toxicTom: This would be the day I stop buying here.
But it will be Good News™ !
RetroRaven: And again: GOG and also Steam of course are no german companies therefore german law does not apply to them.
i am no lawyer but,
The german law applies when you import goods into the country. I would assume that selling something digitally is considered the same as importing.
The only question is how practical is it to sue a foreign online shop. But since GOG is not sitting in china but poland, and poland is in the EU, I would think there is actually a decent chance for legal actions.
InfraSuperman: Yeah, it's probably a reprint issue. I have the 2013 "Deluxe Edition", it does contain the swastika you mentioned, but it think it was simply forgotten, because they removed others in the book. The same character appears in chapter 8, where the symbol was censored every time. There are also a few instances of that censorship in chapter 10.
That's strange. I just checked my paperback edition from 2008 and chapter 8 is completely uncensored. So I would say it's either a reprint issue of the Deluxe Edition or they got into trouble and reintroduced the censorship (but I haven't heard anything about that).

I'm at my local comic store tomorrow. Will check if the recent edition of Watchmen is censored or not.
So Patrician 1+2 get the german treatment, but not P3, which is basically P2 deluxe?
That's...odd.

As for the rest - It'll be nice to play some of the german games in the original language.
Piranjade: For computer games the German market is a bog one, an important one.
Klumpen0815: It is indeed a bog one.
Wow, I made a typo. How outrageous.
Klumpen0815: It is indeed a bog one.
Piranjade: Wow, I made a typo. How outrageous.
*sigh*
I thought it was a fitting one...

I'm gonna go into the sun now and refill my humour, people here should think about doing the same.

18 degrees celsius right now,
bye!
Post edited February 27, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Laserschwert: I don't know if it has been asked, but why doesn't GOG offer only the German version of Commandos to Germans? Why remove it completely?
Probably because the German version on GOG is not the uncensored one. And there are other German speaking regions which do not have such stupid laws and I would very much prefer to have access to the uncensored German game version even when GOG provides the censored one for Germany.

jtsn: Well, currently Steam and GOG try operate under the radar.
GOG at least is doing anything to not stay under that radar now.