It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Herzlich Willkommen!

GOG.com goes German. Not completely, mind you, but starting today we'll be spreading our DRM-free love in one more language. Whether you're here because of the news, or you've been with us for a while, here is what we're doing to make our German speaking friends feel a little more welcome on GOG.com:

-A German version of our website. You can change your language using the drop-down menu towards the bottom of every page.
-A German corner of our forums. Your home away from home.
-German customer support. If you're more comfortable talking to us in your native language.
-More games in German. We're rolling out 25+ German localisations for our games today, bringing the total up to 350+.

No big announcement would be complete without a huge sale! This weekend we're holding the German-riffic <span class="bold">Herzlich Willkommen!</span> promo. The highlight is a ridiculous 97% off Deponia, but there are over 25 other German gaming hits available as well. There is adventuring with the remaining Deponia games, the cult strategy of The Settlers, the tough and turn-based tactics in Blackguards 1 and 2, and many, many more feats of German game design.

Check out <span class="bold">the weekend promo page</span> to see the full lineup. The promo will last until Tuesday, March 3, at 4:59 AM GMT.

Update:
Two games from our catalog had to be made unavailable in Germany: Commandos Ammo Pack and Commandos 2+3. Offering or promoting these games is considered a serious criminal offence according to German law, and we have to abide by this law to avoid the risk of serious legal action taken against GOG.com and GOG.com employees. Rest assured that if you've already bought a game - nothing will retroactively disappear from your shelves.
Post edited February 27, 2015 by Chamb
Deponia 1 basically free (ish). I already have it but great deal for those who don't!
Zee Germans are coming! :-o :-P
So the Blitzkrieg has started.
RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!!!
high rated
So which games are getting the German language pack added? That is the thing that interests me the most :D
Russonc: Deponia 1 basically free (ish). I already have it but great deal for those who don't!
Wow, that's a huge discount. I'll grab it then! :-)
Vielen, vielen Dank, GOG! :)
Post edited February 26, 2015 by opeter2
high rated
Hooray! Finally! All those German versions we have been hoarding are FREE FREEEEEEEE :P

Also, gotta give Pixelion a shout out for the German version of Far Cry 1 :D

And ebay.de as well :D
Endlich. Deponia 1, ich komme :)
While I will continue to use the site in English I can now finally refer friends and family whose English isn't that good to GOG! YAY!
"More games in German. We're rolling out 30 German localisations for our games today, bringing the total up to 350+."
Wait a second---does this mean, as Memoria and Satinavs Ketten are part of the discount, that they´ll finally get their german language packs they are actually missing right now?!

BTW: Prices are extraordinary and so on, this alone is enough justification, although I still don´t get why you do think that german and french subforums are somehow helpful if the main side stays english! (which is not a problem for me...)
Not a change I personally care about, but if it means we'll more commonly receive the German versions of ( new ) games, then I'm sure some people will be very happy about that.
Release Albion. NOW.
high rated
moonshineshadow: So which games are getting the German language pack added? That is the thing that interests me the most :D
Driver Parallel Lines
Earth 2150
Enclave
Far Cry 1 and 2
Ghost Recon
HoMM 1
HoMM 4
Imperialism 1
Jack Orlando
Jagged Alliance 2 Wildfire
Knights and Merchants
Might and Magic 7
Normality
Darkstone
POD Gold
Price of Persia Sands of Time, Warrior Within, Two Thrones
Realms of the Haunting
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum
Splinter Cell
Tex Murphy Under a Killing Moon
Feeble Files
UFO series
Waxworks
Cultures 1 + 2
Settlers 2 Gold
Settlers 3 Ultimate
Post edited February 26, 2015 by JudasIscariot
RadonGOG: "More games in German. We're rolling out 30 German localisations for our games today, bringing the total up to 350+."
Wait a second---does this mean, as Memoria and Satinavs Ketten are part of the discount, that they´ll finally get their german language packs they are actually missing right now?!

BTW: Prices are extraordinary and so on, this alone is enough justification, although I still don´t get why you do think that german and french subforums are somehow helpful if the main side stays english! (which is not a problem for me...)
At least the front page with the news appears to be translated as well as the game cards of the games that have a German language option.