It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Herzlich Willkommen!

GOG.com goes German. Not completely, mind you, but starting today we'll be spreading our DRM-free love in one more language. Whether you're here because of the news, or you've been with us for a while, here is what we're doing to make our German speaking friends feel a little more welcome on GOG.com:

-A German version of our website. You can change your language using the drop-down menu towards the bottom of every page.
-A German corner of our forums. Your home away from home.
-German customer support. If you're more comfortable talking to us in your native language.
-More games in German. We're rolling out 25+ German localisations for our games today, bringing the total up to 350+.

No big announcement would be complete without a huge sale! This weekend we're holding the German-riffic <span class="bold">Herzlich Willkommen!</span> promo. The highlight is a ridiculous 97% off Deponia, but there are over 25 other German gaming hits available as well. There is adventuring with the remaining Deponia games, the cult strategy of The Settlers, the tough and turn-based tactics in Blackguards 1 and 2, and many, many more feats of German game design.

Check out <span class="bold">the weekend promo page</span> to see the full lineup. The promo will last until Tuesday, March 3, at 4:59 AM GMT.

Update:
Two games from our catalog had to be made unavailable in Germany: Commandos Ammo Pack and Commandos 2+3. Offering or promoting these games is considered a serious criminal offence according to German law, and we have to abide by this law to avoid the risk of serious legal action taken against GOG.com and GOG.com employees. Rest assured that if you've already bought a game - nothing will retroactively disappear from your shelves.
Post edited February 27, 2015 by Chamb
moonshineshadow: So which games are getting the German language pack added? That is the thing that interests me the most :D
JudasIscariot: Driver Parallel Lines
Earth 2150
Enclave
Far Cry 1 and 2
Ghost Recon
HoMM 1
HoMM 4
Imperialism 1
Jack Orlando
Jagged Alliance 2 Wildfire
Knights and Merchants
Might and Magic 7
Normality
Darkstone
POD Gold
Price of Persia Sands of Time, Warrior Within, Two Thrones
Realms of the Haunting
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum
Splinter Cell
Tex Murphy Under a Killing Moon
Feeble Files
UFO series
Waxworks
Cultures 1 + 2
Settlers 2 Gold
Settlers 3 Ultimate
So why is Chains of Satinav a part of the bundle then...
:(
moonshineshadow: So which games are getting the German language pack added? That is the thing that interests me the most :D
Earth 2150
Enclave
Far Cry 1 and 2
Ghost Recon
HoMM 1
HoMM 4
Imperialism 1
Jack Orlando
Knights and Merchants
Might and Magic 7
Normality
Darkstone
POD Gold
Realms of the Haunting
Splinter Cell
Feeble Files
UFO series
Waxworks
Cultures 1 + 2
Settlers 2 Gold
Settlers 3 Ultimate
Thanks for the list. That is something at least. Not the gamesI hoped for but we can't always have what we want :D
Earth 2150
Enclave
Far Cry 1 and 2
Ghost Recon
HoMM 1
HoMM 4
Imperialism 1
Jack Orlando
Knights and Merchants
Might and Magic 7
Normality
Darkstone
POD Gold
Realms of the Haunting
Splinter Cell
Feeble Files
UFO series
Waxworks
Cultures 1 + 2
Settlers 2 Gold
Settlers 3 Ultimate
Thanks for the german localization of Settler 2 -> Die Siedler 2

My first pc game in original language what joy :)
This would be a good opportunity for GoG.com to ask Daedalic for the german versions for Chains of Satinav and Memoria. Naturally those games exist in a german version since it is available on Steam in german, but for some reason not on GoG.com, which frankly is a shame.
JAHAHAHAH SEHR GUT!
RadonGOG: "More games in German. We're rolling out 30 German localisations for our games today, bringing the total up to 350+."
Wait a second---does this mean, as Memoria and Satinavs Ketten are part of the discount, that they´ll finally get their german language packs they are actually missing right now?!

BTW: Prices are extraordinary and so on, this alone is enough justification, although I still don´t get why you do think that german and french subforums are somehow helpful if the main side stays english! (which is not a problem for me...)
Piranjade: At least the front page with the news appears to be translated as well as the game cards of the games that have a German language option.
Ah, this explains a lot, the links even direct you to german-only forum threads, quite interesting!

Anyways, the translation is doomed!
"You" doesn´t translate to "du" in general, it translates to "Sie", a common translation error!
Taulmarill: This would be a good opportunity for GoG.com to ask Daedalic for the german versions for Chains of Satinav and Memoria. Naturally those games exist in a german version since it is available on Steam in german, but for some reason not on GoG.com, which frankly is a shame.
We won't get them. I wrote to Deadalic about that and they answered me that they can't give us the language patch since they don't have the rights to it and would need to pay additional fees so they would not make money of it. But when I asked them why they are selling it on Steam with the language pack since the same would apply there they started ignoring me and not answering anymore. So as far as I can see it we'll not get the patches in any near future.
I don't have interest in the german versions of games but is good that GOG have them. Also, Deponia wasn't even in my wishlist, but with a 97% off a can't say no.
RadonGOG: Anyways, the translation is doomed!
"You" doesn´t translate to "du" in general, it translates to "Sie", a common translation error!
The du is probably used cause most of the world uses duzen instead of siezen.
Oh das ist ja super!
high rated
This is good stuff and it will let those who have been staying at the sidelines with regards to playing the Deponia trilogy, to finally go ahead and try the first title at an incredible price.

I will help one individual myself and offer this free key for Deponia 1 so you can enjoy it.

Please remember to post when you claim it, so that others know it has already been claimed.

The missing letters are as follows:

Clue 1: Last two letter of cute little star wars robot.
Clue 2: First letter of know-it-all hesitating star wars robot.

DE3__-7A223-_71BE-4A795

Enjoy it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYdIXRTBXLo
Oh my good, so many new files to download ;-) Great news, I really hope this will give gog another push. But before I will leave to prepare the downloader I just quote the Sportfreunde Stiller:

es ist geradezu erstrebenswert,
dass uns gutes widerfährt
sind wir doch an freundlichkeit unterernährt
es ist geradezu ein glücksfall
sozusagen endsozial
für die zukunft optimal

willkommen, willkommen in einer neuen zeit
ein kleiner schritt für uns,
ein großer schritt für die menschlichkeit!

es sollte für jeden die maxime sein
lasst die liebe rein
in euer life-design
es sollte leicht von der hand gehen
damit alle, die am rand stehen,
wieder neues land sehen

ein kleiner schritt für uns
ein großer schritt für die menschlichkeit

seid ihr dazu bereit
es wär'ein großer schritt für die menschlichkeit

http://www.magistrix.de/lyrics/Sportfreunde%20Stiller/Ein-Kleiner-Schritt-57935.html
Post edited February 26, 2015 by DukeNukemForever
Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, endlich Siedler 2 auf Deutsch!

Anyway, this site update has been foreshadowed by the job listings (German customer support). Danke sehr GOG

Oh, and please keep the more personal "Du", considering that the good community feeling here is one of the best things of GOG it seems much more appropriate than the formal "Sie".
Post edited February 26, 2015 by ShadowOwl
high rated
As long as you don't force us via GeoLocation to buy german cut versions like Steam, much appreciated ;)