It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Welcome, Russian-speaking gamers!

GOG.com has always been about bringing you the widest selection of the greatest games: classic, new, all DRM-free. To keep this up we need to grow, and to grow we want to reach out to more gamers worldwide. We've already unveiled a French and German version of our store, and today we're introducing Russian to GOG.com! (Did you know that it's the second most used language on the internet?)

We already have more than 150 games in Russian in our catalog, and today we celebrate by releasing six new DRM-free games - including two digital distribution exclusives and three weeklong discounts:
-<span class="bold">Galactic Assault: Prisoner of Power</span> (digital distribution exclusive)
-<span class="bold">Sea Dogs</span> (digital distribution exclusive)
-<span class="bold">Wings of Prey Complete</span>
-<span class="bold">Pilot Brothers</span> (-33%)
-<span class="bold">Men of War</span> (-50%)
-<span class="bold">Death to Spies</span> (-50%)

We have over 30 more games on sale this weekend up to 75% off: Russian-language games straight "<span class="bold">From Russian with Love</span>"! That includes not just the new releases, but also the King's Bounty saga, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series and more. Everyone is invited to mingle, and it's as good a time as any to break down gaming's largest language barriers one discount at a time.

With an all-new website language, localised customer support, and a dedicated Russian forum, we're hoping to become the right place for all of our Russian-speaking gamers. We’re also adjusting our prices in those regions. For over a year we’ve been offering games at lower prices in Russia and other independent countries that emerged from the USSR, places where game prices have historically been lower than in western markets. Starting today, more games will be priced appropriately for these territories. We've decided to adjust our pricing to the realities of the market, to avoid a sense that you have to pay more to get your games DRM-free or that GOG.com games are more expensive than other stores that operate in those regions.

Just in case you wondering, introducing these price changes won't affect the way gifting works today on GOG.com.
vsr: - 60$ in usa. USA wages: 5000$. American pays only 1/83 of his monthly wages;
- 30$ in russia. Russian wages: 300$. Russian pays 1/10 of his monthly wages.
Those numbers, they're just...

Here, let me illustrate it.
Post edited April 02, 2015 by j0ekerr
high rated
QUICK UPDATE: We've just added another bonus goodie to Sea Dogs, the soundtrack in FLAC and MP3 formats. If you've already purchased and downloaded, you might want to go back and get it - and one guy from our Product department reportedly sacrificed his sanity to get it to you guys ;)
Post edited April 02, 2015 by Ciris
high rated
Magnitus: Well, he seems to be subtly complaining about the fact that Russia gets preferential treatment which is a counter-productive way to look at it from where I stand.

They got it right in Russia and other poor countries are getting shafted, but pricing in other countries isn't Russia's decision to make.
Except it isn't being sold to us in this manner. Regional pricing is ostensibly predicated on the principle that all local prices are adjust to fairly match local economies. But they are not. They are instead far out of kilter with local realities. Whereas you might see it as praiseworthy that Russia managed to strong-arm a discount that other countries can't, I do not. I believe in truly egalitarian principles, rather that the rule of the squeaky wheel.

Magnitus: It's the same thing for China. They pirated software, because they couldn't afford it. What came first, the chicken or the egg?
That's a false equivalence, however, as China shows no predisposition to enter the Western markets in such a manner, whereas Russia at least makes noises as to it. It is to Russia's credit at least that piracy is seen as socially unacceptable to some level, whereas in China it almost seems to be viewed as a career path, given the amount of copyright and patent infringement that happens there.

Again, understand that I am in favour of a rational pricing scheme, and I do believe that prices in Russia should be proportionate to income (regardless of what I've been accused of so far in this thread). My argument is with the egregious case of Russian exceptionalism that is occurring. As Pollyanna-ish as it may be, I want a system that is fair for all.
Post edited April 02, 2015 by IAmSinistar
high rated
Thanks Gog.
Attachments:
IAmSinistar: Awesome. I can retire from the regional pricing tracking business, as the battle has just been decided. Another victory for Russia in the unethical power grab game. Lesson to other countries - piracy pays, provided you do it at a big enough scale.
This was a little uncalled for in my opinion. I understands that Russian prices feel unfair but is it the reason to be negative (or even hostile) against all the Russian audience here?
This is probably going to get lost in the pricing/political flood but...

Is there a way to hide the non-English forums from the forum list? Personally, I'm never going to use them and I'd rather have the list stand out with stuff I read.

Also, the unanswered comment on RSS. Is there going to be language-specific RSS feeds?
high rated
IAmSinistar: Awesome. I can retire from the regional pricing tracking business, as the battle has just been decided. Another victory for Russia in the unethical power grab game. Lesson to other countries - piracy pays, provided you do it at a big enough scale.
ng: This was a little uncalled for in my opinion. I understands that Russian prices feel unfair but is it the reason to be negative (or even hostile) against all the Russian audience here?
Nobody is hostile just dissapointed with gog since ex soviet countries are the only region getting preferential treatment whereas all the other countries with lower income are still pushed in to higher regional pricing and that is basically all Sinistar is trying to say.
Pilot Brothers are actually based on an old and funny Soviet cartoon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbRi39692oE
Ooh, nice announcement and weekend sale.
Me like!
Welcome, Russia. Nozdrovia :)
IAmSinistar: Or just wait until Russia re-annexes you, I'm sure your turn is coming.
People at the tax factory were wondering why I was laughing so hard this early in the morning. :)

-----

I should really readjust myself to the realities of the global marketplace and start pirating the Steam games I want to play that refuse to sell DRM-free.
high rated
ng: This was a little uncalled for in my opinion. I understands that Russian prices feel unfair but is it the reason to be negative (or even hostile) against all the Russian audience here?
Honestly? No, not really. I'm just a bit peeved at Russia in general these days. The invasion of the Crimea and the smarmy invincibility of Dictator-For-Life Putin have just left a bad taste, and this kind of preferential favouritism rankles further.

Personally I think Russia has a fascinating history and would love to visit it. It is also the source of some of the world's greatest literature and music. I'm just pissed at it in a nationally-abstract way at the moment. Though in fairness, I'm not exactly in love with my home country either.
vsr: - 60$ in usa. USA wages: 5000$. American pays only 1/83 of his monthly wages;
- 30$ in russia. Russian wages: 300$. Russian pays 1/10 of his monthly wages.
j0ekerr: Those numbers, they're just...

Here, let me illustrate it.
It is very easy to explain:
every country will always have people who have a big income and usally loads of people who have less of a great income but most of them are poor.

i dont think its good to assume that all people in European countries are having a big income and money to burn, , sure there will always be rich people or even filthy ritch people but also very poor people, in between there is usually a vast amount of people who can 'get around' with their income
meaning they dont starve to death but they can only get the things they need,
and once in a few years they might be able to go on a a holiday after saving up for many years.

I estimate thats 20 maybe 30procent in the netherlands are still loaded with cash, the rest is getting around , and many more people are getting into trouble to provide for themselves ( 50procent at least I think), and dont take all the stuff they tell you for serious cause politicians tend to exaggerate a lot ....

The Netherlands is no longer an Utopia like most people think it still is, those golden days are long gone for many many years, the biggest bad stuff occured from 2000 until now.
IAmSinistar: Though in fairness, I'm not exactly in love with my home country either.
I hear the Pitcairn Islands are lovely this time of year.
budejovice: I hear the Pitcairn Islands are lovely this time of year.
If one can keep the coconut crabs from cracking open one's skull.