It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Elder Scrolls. Quake & Doom. Fallout. Alright.

Welcome, Bethesda, to our pantheon of all-time classics!
Today, we're happy to start a blooming new partnership with Bethesda Softworks, one that brings an impressive lineup of their unforgettable games to our DRM-free platform, and plenty of guts and nuclear smiles to our faces.

We're teaming up to release some of the greatest hits from the Bethesda vault, some DRM-free for the first time ever. Eleven new arrivals include The Elder Scrolls and two digital-distribution premieres, totally retro id Software shooters, plus the long-awaited return of the Fallout franchise! To make the day even sweeter, The Elder Scrolls: Arena and The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall will be added to your game shelf entirely for free when you buy any Bethesda game.

<span class="bold">The Elder Scrolls</span>, perched high up among the most famous video-game worlds ever created, are now DRM-free and updated for your modern computer - you can purchase all three to receive a 33% discount.:
--The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Game of the Year Edition.
--The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard - digital distribution premiere.
--The Elder Scrolls: Battlespire - digital distribution premiere.
--The Elder Scrolls: Arena - FREE with any Bethesda purchase.
--The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall - FREE with any Bethesda purchase, too.

Megahit <span class="bold">id Software</span> first-person shooters join the fray - also 33% off if you grab all three:
--Quake including Mission Pack 1 and Mission Pack 2
--The Ultimate DOOM
--DOOM II + Master Levels for Doom II + Final DOOM

And last we find that goodbyes are not forever (and that war never changes). <span class="bold">Fallout</span>, the premiere post nuclear role playing game franchise is finally back on GOG.com! Save 66% if you complete your collection in one purchase.
--Fallout
--Fallout 2
--Fallout Tactics

The bundle promos end on Wednesday, September 2, 12:59 PM GMT.

Stream watch:
We'll be showing off many of these fresh and returning releases on our Twitch channel! Follow us (or track our dedicated streaming Twitter) to not miss 'em!
Nergal01: True, but the Hexen games aren't. So that might at least work around here.

This is also why I'm more than a little concerned about future id-shooter releases around here. The rest of the Quake games are still on the index, after all. And Wolfenstein's probably gonna be a no-show for Germany. Anything else but a region-lock for that series would be a huge surprise.
InfraSuperman: Well, Steam is pretty stupid when it comes to these things, anyway. Max Payne 1 is still not available on the German Steam store, even though it's been off the index for years and you can even buy keys for it on Amazon. They're either supremely slow with this or overly cautious.

Wolfenstein would indeed be an almost guaranteed region-lock on GOG, but that's for different reasons.
I think it boils down to laziness. It seems to be in hand of the developer/publisher.

Just take a look at the state of " Hexen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel": They provide the unpatched version, which lacks support for the midi music and they don't include the redbook audio version. This means that the game doesn't have any music.
For those wondering where the Bethesda Softworks releases currently rank on GOG's game catalog of 1216 entries:

#668 - An Elder Scrolls Legend: Battlespire
#675 - The Elder Scrolls Adventure: Redguard
#686 - Fallout
#687 - Fallout 2
#688 - Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood Of Steel
#753 - The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Game Of The Year Edition)
#777 - The Ultimate DOOM
#778 - Quake: The Offering
#797 - DOOM II: Hell On Earth + Master Levels For DOOM II + Final DOOM
Post edited August 31, 2015 by Barry_Woodward
Barry_Woodward: snip
Are you sure that ranking is correct?
Morrowind has been far above all other Bethesda titles in the popular-tab as far as I could tell.

Edit: They're position on the games on the bestselling list matches your ranking. I wonder if Battlespire is being sold a lot more in the US than in Europe compared to Morrowind, then.
Post edited August 31, 2015 by 0Grapher
Finally!

I have always kicked myself for missing Fallout when I joined Gog, and now its finally back. I hope this is the first step in having Bethesda selling their titles on Gog, as well as steam. Because I have lately come back to Gog, far more often than Steam (for many reasons that is another discussion) So happy to see ID making its way here too. I truly hope their titles also make their way here. Because here, you *own* your titles, unlike 'subscribing' like with Steam.

Two thumbs up!!
Barry_Woodward: For those wondering where the Bethesda Softworks releases currently rank on GOG's game catalog of 1216 entries:

#686 - Fallout
#687 - Fallout 2
#777 - The Ultimate DOOM
You forgot Arena and Daggerfall

Though if this list isn't from popularity polls and is actually from a sales point of view, then never mind.
Post edited August 31, 2015 by Dartpaw86
Dartpaw86: You forgot Arena and Daggerfall

Though if this list isn't from popularity polls and is actually from a sales point of view, then never mind.
He's talking about the long-term "Best-selling" ranking based on sales, as listed here.

That's also why he didn't mention Arena and Daggerfall: those games are bundled with all the other Bethesda-published games, and so don't have their own page(s) in the store.
Morrowind page fifteen already. It's been quite some time we didn't have a serious contender for The Race.
Barry_Woodward: For those wondering where the Bethesda Softworks releases currently rank on GOG's game catalog of 1216 entries:

#686 - Fallout
#687 - Fallout 2
#777 - The Ultimate DOOM
Dartpaw86: You forgot Arena and Daggerfall

Over what time scale?

Is this sales since you've been able to buy Bethesda game or since GoG started?
Potzato: Morrowind page fifteen already. It's been quite some time we didn't have a serious contender for The Race.
But the other Elder Scrolls titles and the Fallout games have been on page 14 for quite some time.
There has to be something wrong with the ranking.
To quote myself:
0Grapher: Morrowind has been far above all other Bethesda titles in the popular-tab as far as I could tell.
Potzato: Morrowind page fifteen already. It's been quite some time we didn't have a serious contender for The Race.
0Grapher: But the other Elder Scrolls titles and the Fallout games have been on page 14 for quite some time.
There has to be something wrong with the ranking.
To quote myself:
0Grapher: Morrowind has been far above all other Bethesda titles in the popular-tab as far as I could tell.
0Grapher:
Indeed, I just noticed Barry's post. Things are still moving fast.
Point is : I will closely follow where everything lands in the next few weeks, but in the end I think it's a pretty nice welcoming to Bethesda games in here (as it should).
Mithril.218: Finally!

I have always kicked myself for missing Fallout when I joined Gog, and now its finally back. I hope this is the first step in having Bethesda selling their titles on Gog, as well as steam. Because I have lately come back to Gog, far more often than Steam (for many reasons that is another discussion) So happy to see ID making its way here too. I truly hope their titles also make their way here. Because here, you *own* your titles, unlike 'subscribing' like with Steam.

Two thumbs up!!
You do realise that up until now Fallout 1,2 and Tactics have been drm free on Steam right? Sometimes I think I am the only one who noticed lol.
Potzato: but in the end I think it's a pretty nice welcoming to Bethesda games in here (as it should).
It definitely is and the better the games sell the more likely it will get that Bethesda publish their other games on GOG as well.
I simply don't understand, though, how it can be that Morrowind has been constantly far above the other titles on the popular tab, as far as I could tell, but shows up almost last on the bestselling ranking. (???????) :/
Potzato: but in the end I think it's a pretty nice welcoming to Bethesda games in here (as it should).
0Grapher: It definitely is and the better the games sell the more likely it will get that Bethesda publish their other games on GOG as well.
I simply don't understand, though, how it can be that Morrowind has been constantly far above the other titles on the popular tab, as far as I could tell, but shows up almost last on the bestselling ranking. (???????) :/
Maybe it's grossing more dough ? It would be a good reason to put it in the front seat, but in that case it should be the bestgrossing list :-)
mechmouse: Over what time scale?

Is this sales since you've been able to buy Bethesda game or since GoG started?
According to a post some months ago by a GOG staff member, over roughly the last year. Though obviously, for games that have just been released here (such as all these titles -- yes, including the Fallouts, as these are separate entries in GOG's catalog from the old Interplay versions), it's just since their release.
0Grapher: It definitely is and the better the games sell the more likely it will get that Bethesda publish their other games on GOG as well.
Potzato: Maybe it's grossing more dough ? It would be a good reason to put it in the front seat, but in that case it should be the bestgrossing list :-)
It's based on units sold, not money made from those units. It doesn't count free items, though -- this can be seen in the fact that all the permanently free games and DLC on GOG are at the very bottom of the Best-selling list.

Bear in mind that, even for a popular game like Morrowind, it can take a while for it to climb the list. It took T.I.E. Fighter some months to even make it into the top 250, and it was unavailable (legally) for years before it came to GOG. Just because I've never heard of a game, or don't care about it, doesn't mean no one's been buying it over the last year -- it can take a while for the blockbusters to climb over all these "no-name" titles, too. And being at 742 out of 1193 after 5 days is not what I would call a slow rise -- especially given the 20-dollar price point. =)