It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Elder Scrolls. Quake & Doom. Fallout. Alright.

Welcome, Bethesda, to our pantheon of all-time classics!
Today, we're happy to start a blooming new partnership with Bethesda Softworks, one that brings an impressive lineup of their unforgettable games to our DRM-free platform, and plenty of guts and nuclear smiles to our faces.

We're teaming up to release some of the greatest hits from the Bethesda vault, some DRM-free for the first time ever. Eleven new arrivals include The Elder Scrolls and two digital-distribution premieres, totally retro id Software shooters, plus the long-awaited return of the Fallout franchise! To make the day even sweeter, The Elder Scrolls: Arena and The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall will be added to your game shelf entirely for free when you buy any Bethesda game.

<span class="bold">The Elder Scrolls</span>, perched high up among the most famous video-game worlds ever created, are now DRM-free and updated for your modern computer - you can purchase all three to receive a 33% discount.:
--The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Game of the Year Edition.
--The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard - digital distribution premiere.
--The Elder Scrolls: Battlespire - digital distribution premiere.
--The Elder Scrolls: Arena - FREE with any Bethesda purchase.
--The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall - FREE with any Bethesda purchase, too.

Megahit <span class="bold">id Software</span> first-person shooters join the fray - also 33% off if you grab all three:
--Quake including Mission Pack 1 and Mission Pack 2
--The Ultimate DOOM
--DOOM II + Master Levels for Doom II + Final DOOM

And last we find that goodbyes are not forever (and that war never changes). <span class="bold">Fallout</span>, the premiere post nuclear role playing game franchise is finally back on GOG.com! Save 66% if you complete your collection in one purchase.
--Fallout
--Fallout 2
--Fallout Tactics

The bundle promos end on Wednesday, September 2, 12:59 PM GMT.

Stream watch:
We'll be showing off many of these fresh and returning releases on our Twitch channel! Follow us (or track our dedicated streaming Twitter) to not miss 'em!
Goddamn it GOG, a breather would be nice. You just dropped a lot of classic SSI AD&D Goodness in our laps, while also dropping SR: HK and Grandia 2(both I still need to get) and now follow it up with all this? My wallet can only take so much. Still it's great to see you guys on such a roll lately with getting Lucasarts, bringing back the SSI AD&D games, getting Bethseda on board and not to mention all the great newer titles cropping up here.

And to think people were bitching all that time back about the move to sell newer titles. I can't help but think that move and probley also the introduction of the client has helped grow the customer base to allow for more deals like this and of course you guys being able to go into publishing games.
Post edited August 30, 2015 by DCT
dizzy_1: other doom engine games we need = Heretic, Hexen, Hexen II
We also need Heretic 2 even if it isn't a Doom Engine. Great game and under rated as a Third Person Action/Adventure.
smrtgi19: id software would never have allowed quake and doom to come to gog.com drm free what gives?

I guarantee you zenimax or bethesda will close id software in 2016 after Doom 4 or just Doom based on Irrational Games's closing the year before, a 7 year ownership from aquisition to closing
MusicallyInspire: ...why? I don't understand this line of thinking seeing as they were so open about open sourcing their games and being generally mod-friendly in the past.
the engine isnt licensable anymore and its never going to be open source.... thats why aqusiitons are messed up, id will never regain their independence

To all who are asking about hexen and hexen 2, why dont you buy it on steam and keep the WADs they are drm free as well as most dos box games
Post edited August 30, 2015 by smrtgi19
skeecher: Just in case it hasn't already been mentioned by someone....

I hope this means that we'll soon see Call Of Cthulhu : Dark Corners of the Earth on GOG.

It's got to happen, I mean, what can stop it now? It's one of the best games in the Bethesda back catalogue.
The primary problem with that game is bugs. More Call of Cthulhu is almost always a good thing, but if it's buggy as all hell, GOG will be opening themselves up to a lot of unhappy customers.
smrtgi19: To all who are asking about hexen and hexen 2, why dont you buy it on steam and keep the WADs they are drm free as well as most dos box games
HeXen 2 has no wad, isn't a DOS game and isn't DRM-Free on Steam.
Post edited August 30, 2015 by Grargar
smrtgi19: To all who are asking about hexen and hexen 2, why dont you buy it on steam and keep the WADs they are drm free as well as most dos box games
Because I can't. The Hexen games and the first Heretic are not available via the German Steam store. >_>
Nergal01: Because I can't. The Hexen games and the first Heretic are not available via the German Steam store. >_>
can you get it from gamersgate or other sites?
Nergal01: Because I can't. The Hexen games and the first Heretic are not available via the German Steam store. >_>
just get a cd copy
Post edited August 30, 2015 by smrtgi19
smrtgi19: can you get it from gamersgate or other sites?
just get a cd copy
Nope. As far as I can tell, none of the authorized (!) Steam key sellers offers these games. At least not to German customers. The very fact that Bethesda would region-lock games that old is kinda ridiculous. >_>

I could get physical copies, sure. I already have Hexen 2 (not the addon) and Heretic 2 from some UK action games collection. However, while some of them are available for a few bucks, others tend to be somewhat expensive. Portal of Praevus, for example.

Ultimately, though, I'd prefer a digital release. I'll wait a while longer to see if GOG can get their hands on those games.
I am honestly happy :D

For some bizarre reason, Steam refuses to accept my card (It did before) they say it's an issue with my bank, while my bank says it's an issue with Steam so unless I have a family member buy stuff off there for me, or I buy a prepaid steam card, the site is useless to me (except for games I already bought on there) Also I hate playing online for non-online games. I much prefer GOG as many games like King's Quest collection that don't work on Steam work on here :3

I also prefer GOG over Origin because they want 5 dollars for each Ultima game separate, yet don't even have 7/7-2 which is like the best one.

Seriously!?

Origin is really only good for The Sims games. And ONLY Those.
Post edited August 30, 2015 by Dartpaw86
So in the end, they actually were anti-DRM.

Nice add, GOG!
Post edited August 30, 2015 by Ikarugamesh
Nergal01: The very fact that Bethesda would region-lock games that old is kinda ridiculous. >_>
In the case of Heretic, it may be because that game is still blacklisted in Germany.
InfraSuperman: In the case of Heretic, it may be because that game is still blacklisted in Germany.
True, but the Hexen games aren't. So that might at least work around here.

This is also why I'm more than a little concerned about future id-shooter releases around here. The rest of the Quake games are still on the index, after all. And Wolfenstein's probably gonna be a no-show for Germany. Anything else but a region-lock for that series would be a huge surprise.
Nergal01: The very fact that Bethesda would region-lock games that old is kinda ridiculous. >_>
InfraSuperman: In the case of Heretic, it may be because that game is still blacklisted in Germany.
Doom was removed from the index in 2011 after the rights holders demanded another examination and as soon as someone does this for Heretic, the same will happen there.
Nergal01: True, but the Hexen games aren't. So that might at least work around here.

This is also why I'm more than a little concerned about future id-shooter releases around here. The rest of the Quake games are still on the index, after all. And Wolfenstein's probably gonna be a no-show for Germany. Anything else but a region-lock for that series would be a huge surprise.
Well, Steam is pretty stupid when it comes to these things, anyway. Max Payne 1 is still not available on the German Steam store, even though it's been off the index for years and you can even buy keys for it on Amazon. They're either supremely slow with this or overly cautious.

Wolfenstein would indeed be an almost guaranteed region-lock on GOG, but that's for different reasons.
Dartpaw86: I am honestly happy
If you want to get games that aren't on GOG/not likely to ever be on GOG try Humble Bundle. They have nice sales and 10% of proceeds are supposed to go to charity.

Otherwise GOG is GOGsome.