It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Elder Scrolls. Quake & Doom. Fallout. Alright.

Welcome, Bethesda, to our pantheon of all-time classics!
Today, we're happy to start a blooming new partnership with Bethesda Softworks, one that brings an impressive lineup of their unforgettable games to our DRM-free platform, and plenty of guts and nuclear smiles to our faces.

We're teaming up to release some of the greatest hits from the Bethesda vault, some DRM-free for the first time ever. Eleven new arrivals include The Elder Scrolls and two digital-distribution premieres, totally retro id Software shooters, plus the long-awaited return of the Fallout franchise! To make the day even sweeter, The Elder Scrolls: Arena and The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall will be added to your game shelf entirely for free when you buy any Bethesda game.

<span class="bold">The Elder Scrolls</span>, perched high up among the most famous video-game worlds ever created, are now DRM-free and updated for your modern computer - you can purchase all three to receive a 33% discount.:
--The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Game of the Year Edition.
--The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard - digital distribution premiere.
--The Elder Scrolls: Battlespire - digital distribution premiere.
--The Elder Scrolls: Arena - FREE with any Bethesda purchase.
--The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall - FREE with any Bethesda purchase, too.

Megahit <span class="bold">id Software</span> first-person shooters join the fray - also 33% off if you grab all three:
--Quake including Mission Pack 1 and Mission Pack 2
--The Ultimate DOOM
--DOOM II + Master Levels for Doom II + Final DOOM

And last we find that goodbyes are not forever (and that war never changes). <span class="bold">Fallout</span>, the premiere post nuclear role playing game franchise is finally back on GOG.com! Save 66% if you complete your collection in one purchase.
--Fallout
--Fallout 2
--Fallout Tactics

The bundle promos end on Wednesday, September 2, 12:59 PM GMT.

Stream watch:
We'll be showing off many of these fresh and returning releases on our Twitch channel! Follow us (or track our dedicated streaming Twitter) to not miss 'em!
sauvignon1: Fallout 2's page says you get Arena and Daggerfall for free when you buy it. What about those of us who bought it years ago when it was originally up? Do we not get grandfathered in?
I believe you can still download both Arena and Daggerfall for free from the Elder Scrolls website. GOG just packages it preconfigured with DosBox.
Pre-edited out all the shit talk about Bethesda.

But a hearty thanks to GOG for talking the limp suits into talking the shareholders into this!
Can we apply mod like Morrowind Rebirth or Morrowind Overhaul on this version ?
tfishell: Yeah, he'll blow a gasket
JMich: Is that a euphemism? I still recall his reaction to Shodan being on the front page. *shudder*
Oh, forgot to clarify - "blow a gasket" is like one's head exploding from awesomeness, not jizzing all over the place from awesomeness. Ugh.
op2015: One of the biggest difference between Doom 3 and Doom 3 BFG is, that in the original (older) version the bodies don't dissapear. They stay.
That's not true.

Zombies and z-sec bodies don't disappear at the end of their normal death animation, true; but they do disappear if they get gibbed. Demon bodies burn away to nothingness.

There were mods that stopped the burn effect so enemies corpses would remain, but they were mods.
I'm out of it for a little while and everyone gets delusions of grandeur! :-)

Dang it... dang it... Dang it!!!

I gave up on Bethesda coming to GOG after YEARS of waiting and broke down and bought The Elder Scrolls Anthology 10 DAYS ago!!!

I'd love to buy it again here, just to show Bethesda the error of their DRM ways, but I'm going to have to wait until a bigger sale. Especially since I bought the original MW and Tribunal on disc years ago as well.
Post edited August 28, 2015 by WyleCoyote
sauvignon1: Fallout 2's page says you get Arena and Daggerfall for free when you buy it. What about those of us who bought it years ago when it was originally up? Do we not get grandfathered in?
N01R: I believe you can still download both Arena and Daggerfall for free from the Elder Scrolls website. GOG just packages it preconfigured with DosBox.
Also, GOG has the CD version of Arena, while the Bethesda website has the floppy disc version.
grouii: Can we apply mod like Morrowind Rebirth or Morrowind Overhaul on this version ?
Haven't tried the rebirth mod but the overhaul & all the tools associated seem to work quite well.
Ignore this I did something wrong
Post edited August 28, 2015 by mechmouse
op2015: One of the biggest difference between Doom 3 and Doom 3 BFG is, that in the original (older) version the bodies don't dissapear. They stay.
Gaerzi: That's not true.

Zombies and z-sec bodies don't disappear at the end of their normal death animation, true; but they do disappear if they get gibbed. Demon bodies burn away to nothingness.

There were mods that stopped the burn effect so enemies corpses would remain, but they were mods.
Gaerzi is right. And while the disappearing (demon) bodies annoyed me a little in Doom 3, I found it even more irritating in Quake 4. Hell, Quake 2 had this cool "flies buzzing" effect around corpses. And part of the fun in any shooter is to see the corpse littered hallways and rooms you've been fighting through...
Post edited August 28, 2015 by toxicTom
Too late for me ... :(

I already purchased the Quake and Doom games on Steam previous year, because GOG support didn't want to confirm that the games are coming to GOG ...
It is just me or this titles are kinda expensive?

Oh, well. It is great that Quake found a good home.
Lol first everyone was like: FU Beth, now everyone is like <3 Bethesda :p Little Beth knew that fan base of their old school titles (well technically not all theirs) was here on gog all this time and not on steam...
id software would never have allowed quake and doom to come to gog.com drm free what gives?

I guarantee you zenimax or bethesda will close id software in 2016 after Doom 4 or just Doom based on Irrational Games's closing the year before, a 7 year ownership from aquisition to closing
Post edited August 28, 2015 by smrtgi19
smrtgi19: id software would never have allowed quake and doom to come to gog.com drm
What?