It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

eiii: Today all the "NEW" flags from my recently purchased games have been removed, the second time during the Piñata sale, although I haven't downloaded any of the games. I haven't even opened any of the individual game infos on my library page, only the library page itself, to not risk to delete the flags. I usually download my games immediately after the purchase, so I haven't seen that behavior before.

As BE has some settings for the library page, could it be that BE does something in the background which could cause the removal of the "NEW" flags in the library?

I do not have any evidence that the removal is caused by BE, it's just to sort out possible reasons...
I would suggest to deactivate BE temporary and see if the flags reappear.
Post edited August 23, 2017 by MarkoH01
eiii: As BE has some settings for the library page, could it be that BE does something in the background which could cause the removal of the "NEW" flags in the library?
I don't think there's anything in BE that could cause that to happen. I don't do anything that affects the display of the "new" label or unmarks games as "new".
high rated
New version is up. Version 2.23 brings one new feature: if a forum post includes a link to a YouTube video, you get a widget that you can click on to add a frame with that video to the post. See the attached screenshots so see what I mean.

If you want to see it in action, here's a recent thred that has a video to play.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions about this feature.

The GreaseMonkey update should be ariving any minute now. The Chrome extension update will arrive tomorrow.

For version 2.24 I'm planning on adding a feature to keep track of games that you own elsewhere other than on GOG, so that you can see them as "owned" on promotions and such even though they're not on your GOG account.
Attachments:
playing.jpeg (132 Kb)
Barefoot_Monkey: I don't think there's anything in BE that could cause that to happen. I don't do anything that affects the display of the "new" label or unmarks games as "new".
Not with the labels itself or their display, as they are permanently removed, even in a browser without AF and BE. But as far as I remember the flag already gets reset when you open the game detail mask in the browser. So it could have been that BE opens such an URL in the background, which could trigger the reset of the flag on GOG's side. But as it looks the removal of the flags is rather another GOG website bug.
Post edited August 25, 2017 by eiii
While I'm not particularly interested in the new feature, I'm very thankful for your continued efforts and great work, Barefoot_Monkey.

Cheers and +1, as always.
HypersomniacLive: While I'm not particularly interested in the new feature, I'm very thankful for your continued efforts and great work, Barefoot_Monkey.

Cheers and +1, as always.
Thanks. It's not something I would have thought of myself - I got a request for this feature a little while ago (unfortunately I can't seem to find the thread though) and it seemed very doable.
Good work Barefoot_Monkey, i look forward to the v2.23 (and 2.24) updates.
Barefoot_Monkey: For version 2.24 I'm planning on adding a feature to keep track of games that you own elsewhere other than on GOG, so that you can see them as "owned" on promotions and such even though they're not on your GOG account.
I've been meaning to do something like that for ages, just never got around to it.
Guess I won't have to now, looking forward to seeing this :)
Regarding the youtube feature: In general I like the feature a lot but imo the widget does not look very nice because it is rather big and seems to jump right into your face (please don't take this as a complaint it's just a personal opinion of mine I wanted to tell you).

Regarding the planned feature of marking owned games you own on other platforms. Would be a great feature but I would like to add the request to use different markings so that you still can see if you are not owning a game on GOG yet (because of DRM-free and it being GOG) if you know what I mean.

Regarding both features: really great work and thank you for all you've done so far. It's amazing that you guys (Barefoot_Monkey and adaliabooks) are putting so much time in an unpaid project. I am sure the community loves you - I know I do
Post edited August 26, 2017 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Regarding the youtube feature: In general I like the feature a lot but imo the widget does not look very nice because it is rather big and seems to jump right into your face (please don't take this as a complaint it's just a personal opinion of mine I wanted to tell you).

Regarding the planned feature of marking owned games you own on other platforms. Would be a great feature but I would like to add the request to use different markings so that you still can see if you are not owning a game on GOG yet (because of DRM-free and it being GOG) if you know what I mean.

Regarding both features: really great work and thank you for all you've done so far. It's amazing that you guys (Barefoot_Monkey and adaliabooks) are putting so much time in an unpaid project. I am sure the community loves you - I know I do
I'll keep all that in mind. Thanks :)
Barefoot_Monkey: Thanks. It's not something I would have thought of myself - I got a request for this feature a little while ago (unfortunately I can't seem to find the thread though) and it seemed very doable.
I am however quite interested in the feature of the next update, and wonder how the "keep track of games that you own elsewhere" will work exactly - could you expand on it a bit, perhaps give an example or two?
HypersomniacLive: I am however quite interested in the feature of the next update, and wonder how the "keep track of games that you own elsewhere" will work exactly - could you expand on it a bit, perhaps give an example or two?
Well, when you go to a game's page or see a game on a list in a promotion it can be one of 3 states: normal (you don't own it on GOG), owned and wishlisted. The way it's working out so far, you'll get a couple of new lists that work just like adding games to your wishlist, but for games that you're not interested in or own elsewhere. So when you look at a promo screen, for example, games you already own elsewhere can be set to be faded on the list out just like the games you own on GOG (but with some kind of visual indicator so that you can still tell the difference) and the games you don't own stand out more.
Barefoot_Monkey: Well, when you go to a game's page or see a game on a list in a promotion it can be one of 3 states: normal (you don't own it on GOG), owned and wishlisted. The way it's working out so far, you'll get a couple of new lists that work just like adding games to your wishlist, but for games that you're not interested in or own elsewhere. So when you look at a promo screen, for example, games you already own elsewhere can be set to be faded on the list out just like the games you own on GOG (but with some kind of visual indicator so that you can still tell the difference) and the games you don't own stand out more.
[emphasis added]

This should make for some pretty dark/empty promo screens. ;-)

On a more serious note - this sounds exactly like how I prefer it to work, cheers.

Question - will "not interested" and "own elsewhere" be separate choices?
And another one - any plans to make this feature work on the game catalogue the way we now can hide our owned games?
high rated
Version 2.23.1 is up for both Chrome and Greasemonkey. The "click to play video" widget is now much smaller and tidier than it was previously.
Thank You again for all your generosity.