It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thanks a ton, Barefoot_Monkey, you're our hero.
high rated
skeletonbow: Yeah, nothing really shows up in there that looks unusual either. I do have an idea however that I could try, which is to make a new Firefox profile and just install Greasemonkey and the two scripts in it by themselves and see if the problem happens, then add other extensions one at a time to see if I get any conflicts. Scientific method FTW. :) That is of course always a PITA to do time-wise when one does it, but it often does find the culprit or narrow things down.
Hey skeletonbow. Have things improved in the last few weeks, or are you still having trouble?
Barefoot_Monkey: Version 2.22 is up for GreaseMonkey users. This version restores forum reply notifications.
Thanks again for all your work! The notification works well. :)

There's a minor glitch on the forum pages. The quotes in the last forum post are drawn over the page footer when it's expanded. I've set the quotation style to "clear" and have activated the options "Collapse footer in forum topics" and "Smaller space before the footer" in case that matters. If it would be for me, you even could remove the footer completely on the forum pages. When I really want to access the footer there are enough other pages available which have it.
Post edited May 17, 2017 by eiii
Godfather101: hmm, does all the "updates" not work?
Some of my games were updated in GoG Galaxy the last few days but i got no sign whatsoever that a game in my library was updates.
Are the updates still not here on the GoG site or do i need to wait a little more to get the updates shown to me again?
Updates of games in Galaxy and updates of the offline installers in the library are two different things. Not all updates on Galaxy are matched by installer updates. I don't know if BE also displays updates in Galaxy. But for installers in the library it of course only can report those updates which were flagged by GOG. And unfortunately GOG deploys such update flags rather sparsely. If you want not to miss any updates your best chance is to follow the "What did just update thread".
Post edited May 17, 2017 by eiii
high rated
Version 2.22.1 is now published for both GreaseMonkey and Chrome. This is the same as version 2.22, but with an added CSS rule to prevent quotes on the forum from potentially being drawn on top of the footer when the "collapse footer" feature is enabled.

eiii: Thanks again for all your work! The notification works well. :)

There's a minor glitch on the forum pages. The quotes in the last forum post are drawn over the page footer when it's expanded. I've set the quotation style to "clear" and have activated the options "Collapse footer in forum topics" and "Smaller space before the footer" in case that matters. When it would be for me, you even could remove the footer completely on the forum pages. If I really want to access the footer there are enough other pages available which have it.
Thanks for catching that. It turned out to be a very quick fix.
Barefoot_Monkey: Thanks for catching that. It turned out to be a very quick fix.
It indeed was quick. :) Thanks!
eiii: Updates of games in Galaxy and updates of the offline installers in the library are two different things. Not all updates on Galaxy are matched by installer updates. I don't know if BE also displays updates in Galaxy. But for installers in the library it of course only can report those updates which were flagged by GOG. And unfortunately GOG deploys such update flags rather sparsely. If you want not to miss any updates your best chance is to follow the "What did just update thread".
Another solution is to run GOGrepo every so often. It will catch updates even if they aren't flagged.
eiii: [...] If it would be for me, you even could remove the footer completely on the forum pages. When I really want to access the footer there are enough other pages available which have it.
I've hidden it with my adblocker. It had the bad habit of expanding at every accidental mouse-over, and it was getting a tad too annoying. Now that everything in it can be accessed via the nav-bar, I don't really have a use for it anymore.

paladin181: Another solution is to run GOGrepo every so often. It will catch updates even if they aren't flagged.
Do you have to be logged in on GOG via your browser for it to do its thing?
eiii: [...] If it would be for me, you even could remove the footer completely on the forum pages. When I really want to access the footer there are enough other pages available which have it.
HypersomniacLive: I've hidden it with my adblocker. It had the bad habit of expanding at every accidental mouse-over, and it was getting a tad too annoying. Now that everything in it can be accessed via the nav-bar, I don't really have a use for it anymore.

paladin181: Another solution is to run GOGrepo every so often. It will catch updates even if they aren't flagged.
HypersomniacLive: Do you have to be logged in on GOG via your browser for it to do its thing?
No, you log in through the script, and it saves a cookie with your valid login.
Yes, but with my slow external hard disk and all the paranoia options activated a verification runs several hours and also puts a lot of load on GOG's servers. I use LGOGDownloader though, not sure if it's the same with GOGrepo.

HypersomniacLive: I've hidden it with my adblocker. It had the bad habit of expanding at every accidental mouse-over, and it was getting a tad too annoying. Now that everything in it can be accessed via the nav-bar, I don't really have a use for it anymore.
Good idea. I've never added a custom rule to my ad-blocker, but the accidentally expanding footer is quite annoying and as you say, it's not of much use anymore, especially on the forum pages.
eiii: Yes, but with my slow external hard disk and all the paranoia options activated a verification runs several hours and also puts a lot of load on GOG's servers. I use LGOGDownloader though, not sure if it's the same with GOGrepo.

eiii: Good idea. I've never added a custom rule to my ad-blocker, but the accidentally expanding footer is quite annoying and as you say, it's not of much use anymore, especially on the forum pages.
I've only ever used Verify 1 time. I use clean updates every week though.
@Barefoot_Monkey - when I click on a New Post or Reply button the "Add or edit post" window pops up in the top left of the screen. For me, I have two issues with this:

1. The small edit post window that pops up is never wide enough to see the "Post my messsage" button and so I always have to either manually enlarge the window or scroll the window over.

2. It can often be quite inconvenient to have the edit post window appear in the far top left of the screen.

Would it be possible with BE to have options to:

1. Make the edit post window larger upon opening, and;
2. Make the edit post window appear in the middle of the screen ??????????
paladin181: No, you log in through the script, and it saves a cookie with your valid login.
That's good to hear. I have to look into it, but is there a way to exclude certain updates? For example, I don't redownload installers if the update was just adding a localisation I have no use for. Could I still do this, or is it "all or nothing"?

ikrananka: @Barefoot_Monkey - when I click on a New Post or Reply button the "Add or edit post" window pops up in the top left of the screen. [...]
What browser do you use? I don't know if the behaviour you describe is caused by BE, and I also don't know if an option exists in other browsers, but If on Firefox, a solution may be to make pop-up windows open in new tabs?
ikrananka: @Barefoot_Monkey - when I click on a New Post or Reply button the "Add or edit post" window pops up in the top left of the screen. [...]
HypersomniacLive: What browser do you use? I don't know if the behaviour you describe is caused by BE, and I also don't know if an option exists in other browsers, but If on Firefox, a solution may be to make pop-up windows open in new tabs?
I'm using Chrome on an ultrawide 3440x1440 monitor.
paladin181: No, you log in through the script, and it saves a cookie with your valid login.
HypersomniacLive: That's good to hear. I have to look into it, but is there a way to exclude certain updates? For example, I don't redownload installers if the update was just adding a localisation I have no use for. Could I still do this, or is it "all or nothing"?

HypersomniacLive: What browser do you use? I don't know if the behaviour you describe is caused by BE, and I also don't know if an option exists in other browsers, but If on Firefox, a solution may be to make pop-up windows open in new tabs?
You can exclude things, but the methods are limited. It is more efficient to update manually.