It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

looks like a CDPR version of Deus Ex maybe even better.
mobutu: Are you ready for another adventure spanning hundreds of hours, far, far bigger than The Witcher 3?
Breja: No, but maybe by 2077 I'll have a PC able to run it :D
And just in time for Galaxy to get out of beta.
I read on RPS that in an interview they said they'll start being more open with information in 2017.
This game looked pretty cool, but why such a long wait for any information? Is this GOG's version of HL3? :P
Post edited October 12, 2015 by IronArcturus
micktiegs_8: I read on RPS that in an interview they said they'll start being more open with information in 2017.
Geralt cyberpunk style confirmed!! :P
IronArcturus: This game looked pretty cool, but why such a long wait for any information? Is this GOG's version of HL3? :P
least CDPR can count to 3 for The Witcher series :D
They need to get their finger out and give us some information, I love Cyberpunk, but how am I supposed to care when I don't even know what genre the game is going to be?
ReynardFox: They need to get their finger out and give us some information, I love Cyberpunk, but how am I supposed to care when I don't even know what genre the game is going to be?
Uhm, isn't it supposed to be an RPG?

OT: Darn it my atlas AV isn't showing
Post edited October 12, 2015 by Rusty_Gunn
Rusty_Gunn: Uhm, isn't it supposed to be an RPG?
RPG is such a broad term that it doesn't say anything about the actual gameplay. We know it's open ended, has classes and it's based on the pen & paper RPG system, that is all.

Will combat be realtime? Will it be action based? Will it be semi-automated? Will it be turn based? What kind of turn based? Will it be grid based? strategic or tactical? Will you control an individual or a team?

There are far too many variables.
Post edited October 12, 2015 by ReynardFox
I have no problems with the game coming out later. As long as they keep the bugs at a minimum, i'm happy. Yes, i'm looking forward to it, but back in the days, a good/great RPG took years to develop. That's why the old RPG's are still loved and played to death, while the new ones are quickly forgotten (exceptions being few modern titles).

Not rushing it is a good idea from the customers perspective, though not a great one from marketing perspective or publishing perspective.
The CD Projekt CEO said “It is too early to talk about it.” And “This year, and the next one will be the years of the Witcher.” I wouldn't expect to hear anything for a good long while. I have faith that it will come out eventually, but the initial announcement back in 2012 was a tad premature if you’re not a fan of hearing about games you won’t be getting your hands on for half a decade.
Rusty_Gunn: Uhm, isn't it supposed to be an RPG?
ReynardFox: RPG is such a broad term that it doesn't say anything about the actual gameplay. We know it's open ended, has classes and it's based on the pen & paper RPG system, that is all.

Will combat be realtime? Will it be action based? Will it be semi-automated? Will it be turn based? What kind of turn based? Will it be grid based? strategic or tactical? Will you control an individual or a team?

There are far too many variables.
I'm getting the feeling CDPR may try to do their own variation of Bethesda's real-time open-world style
wolfsrain: I have no problems with the game coming out later. As long as they keep the bugs at a minimum, i'm happy. Yes, i'm looking forward to it, but back in the days, a good/great RPG took years to develop. That's why the old RPG's are still loved and played to death, while the new ones are quickly forgotten (exceptions being few modern titles).

Not rushing it is a good idea from the customers perspective, though not a great one from marketing perspective or publishing perspective.
I agree with your first point but to me your second one is debatable ("though not a great one from marketing perspective or publishing perspective.") because if it's quality work IMHO it's has a better chance that it could have a "long tail" as in It could be favorably purchased 10, 15 or 20 years from now. & who wouldn't want to publish a game with that kind of longevity
markrichardb: The CD Projekt CEO said “It is too early to talk about it.” And “This year, and the next one will be the years of the Witcher.” I wouldn't expect to hear anything for a good long while. I have faith that it will come out eventually, but the initial announcement back in 2012 was a tad premature if you’re not a fan of hearing about games you won’t be getting your hands on for half a decade.
Agreed. And the worst part is, it reminds me of Bioware announcing Dragon Age and all the years I spent following the development...
As long as i get a great game, i won't complain about how much time went in development. Well...hopefully won't be Duke Nukem Forever development time:)
Recent article:
http://www.pcgamer.com/majority-of-witcher-3-studio-now-making-cyberpunk-2077/

---

So I think I remember seeing that there will be a choice of classes, as opposed to the Witcher franchise. I started with the Fixers when I began playing the p&p, but quickly fell in love with Corps. Man I loved to play freakishly sociopathic Corps and I hope I get to reprise the role. :)