It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The DRM-Free Revolution Continues with Big Pre-Orders and Launch Day Releases!

Good news! GOG.com is going to bring you more fantastic launch day releases, preorders, and other exciting new content from some of our favorite developers. We've lined up 3 big titles that we will be bringing to GOG.com in the next couple of months for sale or preorder that we think will be hits with all of our gamers; and we have more equally exciting games coming up soon.

If you've been a member of the site for a long time, you may recall that when we launched sales of The Witcher 2 on GOG.com, we had to add in regional pricing. The game cost different amounts in in the US, the UK, the European Union, and Australia. We're doing something like that once again in order to bring you new titles from fantastic bigger studios. Since we don't accept currencies other than USD on GOG.com right now, we'll be charging the equivalent of the local price in USD for these titles. We wish that we could offer these games at flat prices everywhere in the world, but the decision on pricing is always in our partners' hands, and regional pricing is becoming the standard around the globe. We're doing this because we believe that there's no better way to accomplish our overall goals for DRM-Free gaming and GOG.com. We need more games, devs, and publishers on board to make DRM-Free gaming something that's standard for all of the gaming world!

That brings with it more good news, though! As mentioned, we have three games we're launching soon with regional pricing--two RPGs and a strategy game--and while we can't tell you what they are yet because breaking an NDA has more severe penalties than just getting a noogie, we're confident that you'll be as excited about these games as we are. For a limited time, we will be offering anyone who pre-orders or buys one of them a free game from a selection as a gift from GOG.com, just like we did for The Witcher 2.

If you have any questions, hit us up in the comments below and we'll be happy to answer (to the best of our ability).

EDIT: Since we've answered a lot of the common questions already here (and lest you think that we've ignored you), it may be handy for you to check out the forum thread about this and search for staff answers by clicking this link here. (hat tip to user Eli who reminded us that the feature even exists. :)
I don't think I agree with this decision. But to be honest I'm not sure if I truly know what it means. From what I've read on these posts, one or more groups of people will be paying a higher price than others for the same game. This seems to go against Gog's doctrine of fairness for all, you know, that whole one world price thing? I really hope you know what your doing and that the games you have coming are worth justifying this decison. Even if being from the US I get a better deal, I don't think its fair for others.
TheEnigmaticT: Divinity: Original Sin is an example of the kind of game we're talking about; it's already launched on Steam for early access with regional pricing, and it wouldn't be very fair of Larian to give our EU and UK users a better value for the game if they buy it from GOG.com later as opposed to Steam now.
blotunga: Yes it would. If GOG introduces regional pricing, I'll never buy a game here again.
Also, it's a rather hypocritical statement unless it also means that the price for Russian IPs will only be 40% of the US price at max. So far, it's only looking like some customers outside the US will have to pay more, I haven't read anything about significant price drops for others.
Post edited February 21, 2014 by Leroux
GOG, I still love you, but if you start suckling the vein-encrusted weiner of DRM, I am gone, Audi 5000, split. I spend A LOT here... probably more than most people; my favorite online retailer of all time, bar none. I'm excited to see you getting AAA day-one releases (DRM-free no less) but you need to understand how nervous this makes some of the people that made this site what it is today. The thought... of using DRM to play a game bought from GOG... ugh. I'd be back out of PC gaming, which is actually pretty funny seeing as how GOG reinvigorated my love for the PC as my sole gaming platform.
TheEnigmaticT: Regional pricing is developer or publisher determined; if they want to do it, then we'd be happy to go along with them on it.
brunosiffredi: Maybe if GOG.com presented more information about how pricing will change for these new titles, which regions or countries will actually see some change, etc., people wouldn't be freaking out so much.

Is this regional pricing going to be different for each country or just some countries? I hope regional pricing does not mean overcharging customers in regions that are already economically disadvantaged, like South America, Africa, eastern Europe, etc.
Due to NDAs and due to the fact that we don't have contracts signed for a lot of the games that we're working on bringing to GOG, we can't go into more detail because we ourselves do not know all of the relevant details.
thedaus: Well, that is the last I am buying from GoG.
I do not like being discriminated against based of the country I was born in and to announce it as "
Good news!" is insanely insulting!
MaceyNeil: Go ahead buy from steam then :)
That's sort of the point though isn't it. I mean why not buy from steam if GoG is just going to do the exact same thing?

As someone from the US you probably don't appreciate how aggravating it is to often have to pay close to double the price for the same product, since you're never on the receiving end of such things.
Dreadz: For digital goods you get charged the VAT rate where the SELLER is located. Example: Valve/Steam are in Luxembourg so you pay the Luxembourg 15% rate even if you, the consumer, are from Poland.
So it seems to be 19% for Cyprus \ GOG.
genericola: oh, it was worse than what I read :)
Niggles: I left off

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (Activision)

89.99 USD
19.99 USD
19.99 GBP
24.99 Euro
34.99 real (brazil)
19.99 (ukraine)

Yeah.... theres regional pricing and then theres REGIONAL REGIONAL pricing+ :/
still not as bad as the $118 (~$106 USD) that the xbox one battlefront pre-order is currently selling for on one retail outlet's site
Post edited February 21, 2014 by genericola
TheEnigmaticT: Divinity: Original Sin is an example of the kind of game we're talking about; it's already launched on Steam for early access with regional pricing, and it wouldn't be very fair of Larian to give our EU and UK users a better value for the game if they buy it from GOG.com later as opposed to Steam now.
blotunga: Yes it would. If GOG introduces regional pricing, I'll never buy a game here again.
Agreed, I don't want a halfway house. GOG can't just be steam without DRM (but + DLC, region pricing etc).
MindsEyeSplinter: Pardon my ignorance on the subject, buuuuut... I have read a few pages regarding the new policy (mostly about the dislike toward regional pricing), but I haven't come across an explanation of why it is 'bad'. Could someone explain the concept - and how it is a detriment to Gog.com - to me please? Thank you!
zaine-h: For people in the US, it won't make (much of) a difference in price. The problem for many is that regional pricing generally means more expensive games for European and Australian users, among others. GOG used to have a worldwide price.
Im curious as to the user demongraphic of buyers on GOG - has a survey ever been done? If the forums are anything go by US/UK/Germany/Russian/Brazilians/Italians/Australians users make up the bulk of forumites
high rated
MindsEyeSplinter: Pardon my ignorance on the subject, buuuuut... I have read a few pages regarding the new policy (mostly about the dislike toward regional pricing), but I haven't come across an explanation of why it is 'bad'. Could someone explain the concept - and how it is a detriment to Gog.com - to me please? Thank you!
Because it is not regional pricing, in a way. It is continental pricing. Eastern Europe is dozens of times poorer than Western Europe yet they are considered the same and we have to pay in currencies that we don't even use.

Yet they are marketing that we're being offered regional prices, which is one big freaking piece of shit lie.
TheEnigmaticT: There's no plans to do treat with Japan differently than the rest of the world at the moment.
Gydion: Hmm, at the moment. Am I reading too much into your responses or is region locking on the table for future releases?
I can't give you more details because we don't know. So "at this moment" means that we don't have any plans for this at all. But we only have plans for the immediate future, as far as Japan is involved, so I can't say that it will never change.
low rated
MaceyNeil: Actually it is hard to get games elsewhere because essentially 80% of titles you simply cannot buy without steam meaning somewhere in that chain steam is getting their kickback even if that kickback is supporting market dominance.
Garret02: I think you've missed his point. The accent is on "not get my money anymore".
no his 'accent' as you misused so eloquently instead perhaps the word focus/focal point is being a whiney entitled bitch because the deal is less in his favour in a monetary way.
This being proven by him saying he wants to take his money elsewhere (assuming no way to get around region locking); to which i reiterate 'WHAT ELSEWHERE?!?'
You have a choice GOG or Steam; but i suppose that's a little too cut and dry you 'could' buy from origin (which is essentially steam by anouther company) or switch to being a console gamer (which will soon probably have exactly the same problem).
I don't like being charged heaps more for exactly the same thing because I am Australian rather than American. Pretty simple concept.
TheEnigmaticT: ...
Do you intend to give Russia special discounts similar to how Steam does it, even though the other countries in the EE region are far, far poorer?
Gydion: Hmm, at the moment. Am I reading too much into your responses or is region locking on the table for future releases?
TheEnigmaticT: I can't give you more details because we don't know. So "at this moment" means that we don't have any plans for this at all. But we only have plans for the immediate future, as far as Japan is involved, so I can't say that it will never change.
Tell the publishers that the people 'threatened to BBQ us'.