It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The DRM-Free Revolution Continues with Big Pre-Orders and Launch Day Releases!

Good news! GOG.com is going to bring you more fantastic launch day releases, preorders, and other exciting new content from some of our favorite developers. We've lined up 3 big titles that we will be bringing to GOG.com in the next couple of months for sale or preorder that we think will be hits with all of our gamers; and we have more equally exciting games coming up soon.

If you've been a member of the site for a long time, you may recall that when we launched sales of The Witcher 2 on GOG.com, we had to add in regional pricing. The game cost different amounts in in the US, the UK, the European Union, and Australia. We're doing something like that once again in order to bring you new titles from fantastic bigger studios. Since we don't accept currencies other than USD on GOG.com right now, we'll be charging the equivalent of the local price in USD for these titles. We wish that we could offer these games at flat prices everywhere in the world, but the decision on pricing is always in our partners' hands, and regional pricing is becoming the standard around the globe. We're doing this because we believe that there's no better way to accomplish our overall goals for DRM-Free gaming and GOG.com. We need more games, devs, and publishers on board to make DRM-Free gaming something that's standard for all of the gaming world!

That brings with it more good news, though! As mentioned, we have three games we're launching soon with regional pricing--two RPGs and a strategy game--and while we can't tell you what they are yet because breaking an NDA has more severe penalties than just getting a noogie, we're confident that you'll be as excited about these games as we are. For a limited time, we will be offering anyone who pre-orders or buys one of them a free game from a selection as a gift from GOG.com, just like we did for The Witcher 2.

If you have any questions, hit us up in the comments below and we'll be happy to answer (to the best of our ability).

EDIT: Since we've answered a lot of the common questions already here (and lest you think that we've ignored you), it may be handy for you to check out the forum thread about this and search for staff answers by clicking this link here. (hat tip to user Eli who reminded us that the feature even exists. :)
Petrell: South Africa is part of Eurozone now? That's news to me.
Romania isn't and yet on most sites I have to pay in euros. And on GMG for example it's worse, I have to pay GBP..
*waits*
CarrionCrow: I'm not inclined to tell a company that I think highly of one day that they're garbage the next.
mobutu: That is feedback and is highly recommended that customers make use of it.

HGiles: she's saying 'Regional pricing is wrong"
mobutu: Wrong. Correct is:
"Unfair regional pricing" is wrong, aka in 1usd = 1eur = 1pound and this is done currently all over the world.
Nobody will oppose a correct/fair regional pricing consisting of 1usd = 0.75eur = 0.6pound. But nobody is doing that, including gog, because the leverage is on pure greedy publishers hands.
Meaning, unless someone seriously pisses me off, I'm more inclined to wait and see, then respond. Definitely doing that in this case since it was pretty clear from the jump that TheEnigmaticT had a whole lot of things he did not have clearance to divulge. Hell, he said as much. Right now, there are no numbers, no products, no clear-cut contingencies, no concrete info, period. And I'm not going to start screaming at GOG about transparency when there are contracts keeping them from spilling the info. Expecting them to get into all kinds of trouble for the sake of curiosity is too much. If it turns out the world really is coming to an end? Then I'll get angry. But I doubt it.
blotunga: Romania ... on most sites I have to pay in euros. And on GMG for example it's worse, I have to pay GBP.
How much is the average income, 200-300 euros per month? all the while paying a "regional" price the same as other countries that have 1000-2000 euros per month? now thats what i call an outrageous rip off
chevkoch: This move is only a surprise if you have bought into GOG presenting themselves like a friend whom you trust will always treat you fairly. "GOG.com made by gamers, for gamers" is an example of how they have been cultivating this image for a long while. It is natural to gravitate towards an environment where you feel you're understood, accepted, and amongst like-minded people.

The disappointment comes, when instead you realize the priority has always been making a profit, and you were solely a customer addressed in ways to keep you purchasing. GOG have often been doing a better job of this tactic than other companies, and have treated their shoppers quite well. Still, they are moving from a perceived market necessity when doing so; "core values" is their marketing term used to make you enjoy shopping on GOG.com. Most people do feel better dealing with a business they think is sporting some level of integrity.

It's a bit baffling then, how they've chosen to go about delivering the current change. Abruptly wiping "One world, fair price" off their motto list sets a different tone. Adding to that the clumsily spun "great" news, where if juxtaposed with past PR stunts (posted above) some of which got delivered with particular hooray-euphoria, it seems not only I am cringing and finding all this a bit disingenuous.

Me, I am disappointed, mostly to find out GOG isn't first about these ideals I care about, but just a business out to maximize profit (although I really should know better — too gullible still I suppose). Let's see what happens and how things will develop, but for me, the shine is off.
Nicely put.
RafaelLopez: Oh, this news appears to be about something that will take a long while to happen.

All discussion apparently is about regional pricing instead of games. Try as I might, I didn't see anyone asking or saying why there's regional pricing in the first place. Anyone care to explain the rationale behind it?
Well the excuse behind is that big publishers have made contracts with regional retail distributors/retail chains that dictate that they can not compete with retail prices in digital distribution and because GOG did not have regional prices, GOG missed on lot of games.(We are not greedy bastards and it's their fault, honest!) So in order to have a change to attract these developers/distributor, GOG throw a way it's principles and decided to allow regional prices and leave it at devs/distributors discretion. This also opens doors for regional restrictions and censorship.

There is still a question how GOG will restrict cross region gifting and can users from other region gift games to users in whose region game is cencored/restricted.
Peace and love! god damn it!!!!
JohnnyDollar: Someone from the UK or W Europe answer something for me.

How is the regional pricing done on other online digital content like music and movies where you live?

Is it currency exchange + add applicable taxes and fees = price you're charged?
No, it's not. Often it is $1=€1. Sometimes it is a little fairer. $0,99=€0,89 in the Apple App Store for example and it used to be €0,79 when the USD was weaker.
nansounet: Peace and love! god damn it!!!!
Yeah. And one Double Cheeseburger, please.
CarrionCrow: I'm more inclined to wait and see
imo, in this case, there is absolutely nothing to justify the "wait and see" approach.
Basic logic, common sense dictates that:
- regional pricing will be implemented here exactly how it is done elsewhere, meaning 1usd=1eur=1pound, not the true market rates of 1usd=0.75eur=0.6pound;
- this will be rightfully abused by customers and it will be blocked/censored/etc;
- its a matter of time until the majority of existing gog catalogue will be regional priced too.

Its a matter of act now maybe they'll change their mind (unlikely but still). Wait and see gets you nowhere in this case.
Post edited February 25, 2014 by mobutu
mobutu: How much is the average income, 200-300 euros per month? all the while paying a "regional" price the same as other countries that have 1000-2000 euros per month? now thats what i call an outrageous rip off
Indeed. This is why piracy is rampant in my country. And I have to admit, that before discovering GOG and bundles, I was a pirate myself.
JohnnyDollar: Someone from the UK or W Europe answer something for me.

How is the regional pricing done on other online digital content like music and movies where you live?

Is it currency exchange + add applicable taxes and fees = price you're charged?
silentbob1138: No, it's not. Often it is $1=€1. Sometimes it is a little fairer. $0,99=€0,89 in the Apple App Store for example and it used to be €0,79 when the USD was weaker.
So it's often $1=€1 + applicable taxes and fees, or just $1=€1? Do they charge those fees at checkout or is it included in the listed price? Or do some do it that way while others don't?

Let's say your local taxes/fees is 20% and you want to buy a song that's $10 in the U.S.
The final price is €10 when it should be €7.28 +20% = €8.74?
Post edited February 25, 2014 by JohnnyDollar
JohnnyDollar: Is it currency exchange + add applicable taxes and fees = price you're charged?
In Australia it is no currency exchange (still charged USD), + no taxes (don't pay them for international stores) + no fees (again not relevant), + HUGE margin because we can.
JohnnyDollar: So it's often $1=€1 + applicable taxes and fees, or just $1=€1? Do they charge those fees at checkout or is it included in the listed price? Or do some do it that way while others don't?

Let's say you're local taxes/fees is 20% and you want to buy a song that's $10 in the U.S.
The final price is €10 when it should be €7.28 +20% = €8.74?
But in US there are also taxes. California for example has a 9.5% (if memory serves me) sales tax.
CarrionCrow: I'm more inclined to wait and see
mobutu: imo, in this case, there is absolutely nothing to justify the "wait and see" approach:
- regional pricing will be implemented here exactly how it is done elsewhere, meaning 1usd=1eur=1pound, not the true market rates of 1usd=0.75eur=0.6pound;
- this will be rightfully abused by customers and it will be blocked/censored/etc;
- its a matter of time until the majority of existing gog catalogue will be regional priced too.

Its a matter of act now maybe they'll change their mind (unlikely but still). Wait and see gets you nowhere in this case.
In this case, wait and see gets me exactly where I want to be. Your opinion has nothing to do with my inclination. Do what you want. I know I will.