It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fairfox: Hahahahahaha no
Lemon_Curry: Shirley you meant to say 'Hahahahahaha Nox™', right?

I mean just look at all the fun (... Nox™!) we had (back when you were called the_voivod) – and how the community bonded!

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/double_insomnia_tracker_thread/post7208
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/double_insomnia_tracker_thread/post13749
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/double_insomnia_tracker_thread/post13810
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/double_insomnia_tracker_thread/post13843
Yeah that is what I remember about the Insomnia sales, fun times with community. I am surprised by all the hate it gets though. Most of it seems to come from people who want all sales by GOG to cater to their requirements than have something different once a year. I agree that sales with fixed deals throughout duration of it is not an unreasonable demand in any way but wanting to have all sales fall in that same category seems to be asking for a bit much.

ZFR: I have fond memories of one of them: can't recall exactly which one it was but it was the one where you could get a critical hit and obtain the game for free. My backlog was light at that time and I got a couple of games I might not have heard of otherwise.

I wouldn't mind seeing another insomnia sale.
It was the same one that Lemon_Curry linked
Post edited December 20, 2017 by Hunter65536
I have fond memories of one of them: can't recall exactly which one it was but it was the one where you could get a critical hit and obtain the game for free. My backlog was light at that time and I got a couple of games I might not have heard of otherwise.

I wouldn't mind seeing another insomnia sale.
nightshade2013: the infamous keening sale was done a week or two before xmas
I believe would've been the first Insomnia sale...which was several years ago. Again, every one since then has been in the spring.

ZFR: I have fond memories of one of them: can't recall exactly which one it was but it was the one where you could get a critical hit and obtain the game for free. My backlog was light at that time and I got a couple of games I might not have heard of otherwise.
I think they might've done that in a couple different Insomnias, but the only one that used that mechanic since I've been here was Double Insomnia, which was the big spring 2015 sale.
I still haven't touched either of the "critical hit" games I got in that sale. ;)
Post edited December 20, 2017 by HunchBluntley
nightshade2013: the infamous keening sale was done a week or two before xmas
No, it was way earlier. The keaning started on Nov 13, 2013.
I'm fine with there never being another insomnia sale ever again. They penalize having a job, having to get some sleep, and making sound financial decisions based the available titles and how much money you have to spend. And what's in it for the customer that a normal sale doesn't offer? The thrill of making one out of a limited set of deals—but think fast, the copies are flying of the (virtual) shelves, so there's no time to deliberate... Well, unless it's Jack Keane, then you can go to work/sleep. I'd rather get my thrills elsewhere.
MightyPinecone: I'm fine with there never being another insomnia sale ever again. They penalize having a job, having to get some sleep, and making sound financial decisions based the available titles and how much money you have to spend. And what's in it for the customer that a normal sale doesn't offer? The thrill of making one out of a limited set of deals—but think fast, the copies are flying of the (virtual) shelves, so there's no time to deliberate... Well, unless it's Jack Keane, then you can go to work/sleep. I'd rather get my thrills elsewhere.
You do know that you're not forced to participate/buy stuff in every sale right? Why not sit out a sale like Insomnia where in your own words you're not able to make efficient purchasing decisions? I've never seen an Insomnia sale being held instead of existing big sales like Summer, Winter, Fall, etc. You make it sound as if it was the only sales format GOG used to do when it was there.
MightyPinecone: I'm fine with there never being another insomnia sale ever again. They penalize having a job, having to get some sleep, and making sound financial decisions based the available titles and how much money you have to spend. And what's in it for the customer that a normal sale doesn't offer? The thrill of making one out of a limited set of deals—but think fast, the copies are flying of the (virtual) shelves, so there's no time to deliberate... Well, unless it's Jack Keane, then you can go to work/sleep. I'd rather get my thrills elsewhere.
Hunter65536: You do know that you're not forced to participate/buy stuff in every sale right? Why not sit out a sale like Insomnia where in your own words you're not able to make efficient purchasing decisions? I've never seen an Insomnia sale being held instead of existing big sales like Summer, Winter, Fall, etc. You make it sound as if it was the only sales format GOG used to do when it was there.
I don't think I made it sound like it was the only thing they did at all. I am, however, getting tired of hearing every shitty business practice under the sun being defended with 'freedom of choice'.