It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm not in nor do I have somebody to nominate. I would just like to say however that from the outside looking in it appears that the GoG community is like no other. In general the internet isn't known for compassion or it's giving nature, as the norm is usually unwarranted bullying and teasing of individuals and groups. But you all as a community challenge that norm and I applaud each and every one of you active members for your giveaways, your advice and just general class. I've never seen so many people willingly provide free copies of games (and lots of games that people actually want at that!) and I myself browse this community because its an excellent resource for finding great deals and general information. The whole community should be nominated for some type of award! Keep it classy GoG!
Cavenagh: I like this forum, but I'm not into one-upmanship
genkicolleen: You've completely misunderstood the point of the giveaway.
Maybe, but I wouldn't make other gamers jump through hoops to get a free game. I'm sure the gamers on here who got Free games appreciate it. As I said no offence to the OP, but it feels to me like the grammys of giveaways.

[edit] I apologise for my feelings on comps for giveaways, just the way I feel that's all, Hope I didn't upset anyone.

Happy new year
Post edited January 01, 2015 by Cavenagh
Cavenagh: Maybe, but I wouldn't make other gamers jump through hoops to get a free game. I'm sure the gamers on here who got Free games appreciate it.
Since it seems you are not just trolling, then despite my usual policy of not getting into these type of discussions I will actually answer this with an analogy.

If I want to eat I could just grab something from the fridge and quickly eat it while standing there. Or I could set up and prepare a dinner and eat it with my family and friends. The effect is same, just transfer of food into stomach, so why should I jump through hoops of setting up the table, lighting candles, laying out the food nicely with all those food decorations? The whole lot could be done in 15 minutes if we just grab something and eat it.

And while undoubtedly usually we don't have time for a fancy dinner, and quick meals are often the best available choice in a given situation and in fact are just as important in our life, there are some meals that just stay in our memories. Could be because of the people we ate it with, the occasion that accompanied it or simply because of the delicious food. Some of the best meals are those where everyone jumps through hundreds of hoops just so that in the end the "net effect" is that few hundred grams of food get transfered into our stomachs.

So (in case anyone still hasn't grasped the analogy; this is the internet after all...), while the core purpose of giveaways is to transfer a game from user A to user B, it's all those little extra little "rituals" that accompany them, those "jumping through hoops" as you called them, that make some of them more memorable.
Cavenagh: Maybe, but I wouldn't make other gamers jump through hoops to get a free game. I'm sure the gamers on here who got Free games appreciate it. As I said no offence to the OP, but it feels to me like the grammys of giveaways.

[edit] I apologise for my feelings on comps for giveaways, just the way I feel that's all, Hope I didn't upset anyone.

Happy new year
Interesting, for me it's just the other way around. A fun, engaging game or creative task is sometimes even more important than the prize. I like contests and the achievement felt in case you win, and the prize feels like a real reward. And should I not walk away with a game, I'm still happy about the process of taking part in a community event, as well as having the opportunity to challenge myself a bit.
Cavenagh: Maybe, but I wouldn't make other gamers jump through hoops to get a free game. I'm sure the gamers on here who got Free games appreciate it. As I said no offence to the OP, but it feels to me like the grammys of giveaways.

Happy new year
I think what we're trying to say is that giveaways that require more than "I'm in - gimme teh game, dude", are another form of MAHAYO, which is all about relationship building and the creation of friendships; One of the things that make us human. And fun, interesting GA's that engender connections help make this forum one of the best around....
Who is crazy enough to complain about too many GAs??? LMAO!!! Madness!!! Nonsense!!!

1.- I want to nominate Impaler26 for his Santa Sucks! Early Xmas Giveaway
Why? Because was a large and cool selection of games with many winners, which is the nicest thing that a GA could have.

2.- Briareos262 for this GA: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/new_job_giveaway_bonanza_part_1
Why? Another GA with many games and many winners :D

3.- Melhelix for this one: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/sleep_depped_back_to_our_roots_giveaway/page1
Why? Although there were several winners, the real reason is because I won a game that I have special affection. Forgive my sentimentality...

And I want nominate trentonlf (instead of my person for the 5.99$ prize) for being the guy who donate the most games in the first nominated GA. Such a nice guy isn't? He deserve it.
Not in but thanks a lot ZFR for this GA to highlight the generosity and give applause for hosters work.
There are so much great GAs here in the community thats really hard nominate only some
But for me its always the ones with have great discussions and some *special* humour so this time its

The massive TBBBBOB Thanks to Sachys and foxworks.
unbelieveable amount of games and donors mixed with the humour of the hosts

The Great Nations GA's Thanks to ddickinson
So much infos and nice conversations

Sachy's (and Sigil's) Absent Friends giveways
Cause the huge amount of different Topics were pure entertainment
(and got me also to some new interesting books/films)
Not in, buty thanks.

I want to nominate to:

1.- Xckx for his giveaway thread: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/open_this_thread/page1 because his lack of rules.

2.- Blarth for his I buy too many bundles because I like the rules to enter the giveaway.

3.- ZFR for Esoteric Challenge because I really like the time taken to solve the riddle.
I'd like to nominate ddickinson's no boys allowed & no girls allowed giveaways.

I'd just started posting in the forums a few weeks before and the giveaway culture (and the gog forum in general) was inscrutable. These giveaways were down to earth and seemed like something I'd run into in the real world. Any weird chauvinist complaints were met with grace and ease, not just by the host but by the participants as well.

For me it was big because I learned there were decent people on this forum. I had some trepidation because I had seen some of the 'video game conversation' at the time. But with this I felt assured that the community was made up of just folks simply having fun.

Thanks for the interesting meta-giveaway. Not in for me.
Weekend bump.

Since the nominations are drying up, I'll end this in a few days.

Here is a compilation of the entries so far. I've got some notes/issues about few entries (see below). I also put two on hold because I simply can't find the GA's and the authors gave very little vague info. I tried searching but there is really very little to go upon :( So if anyone can help with the search it would be appreciated.

1. Mr.Caine
ddickinson's girls/boys

2. LinustheBold
real.geizterfahr's 100

3. Dessimu
TBBBBoB, Dotur's cookies, PaterAlf's Christmas avatars

4. gogamess
Phc7006's Last Remnant

5. Elmofongo
Soccorro' Ultima

6. 1337KittenFan
phandom's Saint Basil, Slaugh's Holiday Spirit, ChaunceyK's Square Enix

7. Mrstarker
Sazanamistyle's haiku

8. thiagovscoelho
TBBBBoB, real.geizterfahr's 100

9. genkicolleen
Momo's Secret Santa, BillyMaysFan59's Pipboy, awalterj's Samaritan Paradox

10. Momo1991 (not in for $5.99 game)
ddickinson's Great Nations, wpegg's Nasty

11. FoxySage
ddickinson's girls/boys, trentonlf's GA for the Secret Santas

12. Ixamyakxim (not in for $5.99 game)
IAmSinistar's Sinistar Gifts

13. KoreaBeat
TBBBBoB

14. DampSquib
TBBBBoB, ddickinson's Great Nations, xckx's Open this thread

15. montcer9012
OldFatGuy's A Gift From BundleStars, AcidFlux's I got infected, trentonlf's GA for the Secret Santas

16. jdsgn
ChaunceyK's Square Enix, AcidFlux's I got infected, Coelocanth's Year End Blowout

17. SalarShushan
real.geizterfahr's 100, TBBBBoB, Slaugh's Holiday Spirit

18. chadjenofsky
RWarehall's Stupendously, xckx's Open this thread, Cyraxpt's I want to play a game

19. iphgix
Cyraxpt's I want to play a game

20. rz4
AgentBirdnest's Donating Blood

21. _Slaugh_
AcidFlux's I got infected, PaterAlf's Christmas avatars, HypersomniacLive's Favourite Foursomes

22. moonshineshadow (not in for $5.99 game)
RWarehall's Stupendously, ddickinson's Thank the fellows, AgentBirdnest's Donating Blood

23. Moonbeam
PaterAlf's Christmas avatars

24. tionerc (not in for $5.99 game)
(on hold: can't find the GAs)

25. helpo1
PaterAlf's Christmas avatars, AcidFlux's I got infected, fronzelneekburm's beast

26. adaliabooks
PaterAlf's Christmas avatars, Crewdroog's Terraria, RWarehall's Stupendously

27. AgentBirdnest (not in for $5.99 game)
Crewdroog's Birthday

28. BranjoHello
real.geizterfahr's 100

29. real.geizterfahr (not in for $5.99 game)
Coelocanth's Hobbit Birthday

30. drealmer7
rampancy's Spice Must Flow, trentonlf's End Of Sale, RWarehall's Stupendously

31. chevkoch (not in for $5.99 game)
K_1269's Guess the Game, Sachys' Nutella, BillyMaysFan59's Pipboy

32. BenKii (not in for $5.99 game)
real.geizterfahr's 100, BillyMaysFan59's Pipboy, misteryo's Tomb Raider

33. ddickinson (not in for $5.99 game)
awalterj's Samaritan Paradox, HypersomniacLive's Tribute, trentonlf's GA for the Secret Santas

34. RWarehall
real.geizterfahr's 100, PaterAlf's Christmas avatars, ddickinson's Great Nations

35. piapancudo
Coelocanth's Year End Blowout, TBBBBoB

36. Cavalary
Coelocanth's Year End Blowout

37. Sage103082 (not in for $5.99 game)
trentonlf's Divinity, Ragnarblackmane Four Days in Paris

38. penumbren
Ragnarblackmane's Quam ego vadens ad moriendum, IAmSinistar's Sinistar Gifts

39. trentonlf
Coelocanth's Hobbit Birthday

40. ElPrimordial
Impaler's Santa Sucks, Briareos's new job, Melhelix's Sleep depped back to our roots

41. mcleodone (not in for $5.99 game)
TBBBBoB, ddickinson's Great Nations, Sachy's (and Sigil's) Absent Friends

42. siulebuo (not in for $5.99 game)
xckx's Open this thread, Blarth's Too Many Bundles, ZFR's Esoteric Challenge (Thanks! really appreciate it but I can't win myself, so should your post win, it'll be one of the other two).

43. NowaAnglia (not in for $5.99 game)
ddickinson's girls/boys

44. Sachys (not in for $5.99 game)
IAmSinistar's Sinistar Gifts

45. DrakoPensulo
Briareos262's I hate my job

46. Magoxx (not in for $5.99 game)
Momo's Secret Santa, real.geizterfahr's 100, xckx's Open this thread

47. MaxFulvus (not in for $5.99 game)
real.geizterfahr's 100

48. hummer010
real.geizterfahr's 100

49. HypersomniacLive (not in for $5.99 game)
dr.schliemann's GOG Gift Code, akhliber's Ether One, Tallima's The Invasion of CRON

50. stg83 (not in for $5.99 game)
NameGoo's Pick a Card, Dzsono's Community World Cup Pool, TBBBBoB's postcard

Ixamyakxim: Not In!

But I saw the thread and had to give a shout out to the giveaway run by Sinistar (I think? I'm REALLY sorry if I botch this!) and including a TON of games from The Giftbot.
tionerc: Not in. The best (or for me the most memorable) giveaways were by the GOGlodytes below:

Lou
Ian
HomerSimpson

Hope they're still lurking about.
I've put these 2 nominations on hold, because I can't find the GAs :(. If you, or anyone else could find them I would be grateful.

EDIT: Thanks to Sachys, Ixamyakxim's nomination has been located.

Momo1991: ~If this entry wins, please give ddickinson both prizes so she can pick something a bit pricier for herself ;-D
ElPrimordial: And I want nominate trentonlf (instead of my person for the 5.99$ prize) for being the guy who donate the most games in the first nominated GA. Such a nice guy isn't? He deserve it.
Thanks for the GA nominations. However, the $5.99 as per rules is for yourself only, so if you don't want to be in for it, the nominator will be selected randomly.
I've marked you as not in. If you'd like to enter for yourself, let me know and I'll change this.

KoreaBeat: There are so many generous members on this forum who host great giveaways or make donations to the Bonza, it is very difficult to nominate just one. But, the one that has me bowled over is klaattu, who donated Blade of Darkness to the Bonza... which means that in the very brief window before the game left the GOG catalog, klaattu grabbed a copy just to give away, even though it could be traded for a good return. I'd say that's some generosity!
Thanks KoreaBeat. I've put BBBoB as your nomination, however much as the donors generosity is really appreciated for this (and other) giveaways, I've made this GA specifically for the hosts/organizers of giveaways.
If you'd like to change your nomination based on this, please let me know.

and finally...

BranjoHello: and if he wins he MUST chose a game as his prize, that's an order. :D
RWarehall: But, should your giveaways win, you must take your prize or we'll have to hunt you down and force you to take a game!
... The above applies to all nominated hosts!
Post edited January 06, 2015 by ZFR
Not IN, but many thanks for the GA (and the idea).
ZFR: I've put these 2 nominations on hold, because I can't find the GAs :(. If you, or anyone else could find them I would be grateful.
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/sinistar_gifts_amazing_goodie_bombardment/

...which would also be my nomination - though I doubt the AnonymousGiftBot will return from retirement if they win.

Also: not in for me! :)
Post edited January 04, 2015 by Sachys
ZFR: I've put these 2 nominations on hold, because I can't find the GAs :(. If you, or anyone else could find them I would be grateful.
Sachys: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/sinistar_gifts_amazing_goodie_bombardment/

...which would also be my nomination - though I doubt the AnonymousGiftBot will return from retirement if they win.

Also: not in for me! :)
Thank you! Added both posts to the list.
You left off my nomination :)

ZFR:
And wow! I was on holiday in October and nicely missed Giftbot's and IAmSinistar's giveaway. All those games...

trentonlf: You left off my nomination :)

ZFR:
trentonlf:
Added! Sorry about that.
Post edited January 04, 2015 by ZFR