It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dragonbeast: Waht would you say is the best place to get it? Just Killap's site?
Kerebron: Yep, that's where I got mine. http://www.killap.net/
I'm going to give it a try but I have to say finding this mod makes me very happy. I remember reading an article a few years ago on cut content from fallout 2 and thinking "man, would have been so nice to have all those things in it" and now I actually get a chance to see the game as it was intended
Post edited June 08, 2018 by dragonbeast
Kerebron: Most of the RP mod content is still in original game files, but not implemented. Added content is very high quality - virtually indistinguishable from original parts.
Not all of of it, though, not all.
Mac question: Just installed Fallout 2 and was going to mod. When I open package contents there's no Wineskin app, so I'm not sure how to install the mods. Fallout 2 prompted to install Wine when I first ran it and everything installed properly and Fallout 2 runs just fine, but no sign of Wineskin (or any of the related C:drive stuff). Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

eta: running MacOS 10.12.6 and latest GOG client
Post edited June 17, 2018 by missultow
missultow: Mac question: Just installed Fallout 2 and was going to mod. When I open package contents there's no Wineskin app, so I'm not sure how to install the mods. Fallout 2 prompted to install Wine when I first ran it and everything installed properly and Fallout 2 runs just fine, but no sign of Wineskin (or any of the related C:drive stuff). Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

eta: running MacOS 10.12.6 and latest GOG client
whch mod do you want to install?
Hi, I have a question regarding the cost of skills: does any of the 3 suggested basic patches (Killap's, Fallout 2 Hi-Res, Sfall) remove the growing cost for skills that have ecceded 100 points? I recently (more or less...) re-played Fallout 1 with the suggested patches installed and noticed that tagged skills with over 100 points still cost one skillpoint to upgrage. I don't like that change, seems a bit to easy to get over 200 in all tagged skills.
For example, I checked the changelog for SFALL but couldn't find anything on skillpoint cost. Does anyone know wich patch is responsible for it? I would very much like to avoid this... feature.
lynxtco: Hi, I have a question regarding the cost of skills: does any of the 3 suggested basic patches (Killap's, Fallout 2 Hi-Res, Sfall) remove the growing cost for skills that have ecceded 100 points? I recently (more or less...) re-played Fallout 1 with the suggested patches installed and noticed that tagged skills with over 100 points still cost one skillpoint to upgrage. I don't like that change, seems a bit to easy to get over 200 in all tagged skills.
For example, I checked the changelog for SFALL but couldn't find anything on skillpoint cost. Does anyone know wich patch is responsible for it? I would very much like to avoid this... feature.
which game are you talking about, F1 or F2? Killap's is for F2 only.
Tagged skills in F1 always cost 1 point. Negative feedback scale was introduced in F2.
Post edited July 09, 2018 by burn
I thougth it was caused by some patch I installed for F1 and so I was afraid some patch for F2 might have the same affect. It's a shame to admit it, but I didn't remember that the negative feedback scale wasn't used in F1. Thanks a lot for the explanation.
So after becoming bored with OOlite, I thought I would give my hand with playing FO2. I always enjoy mods ( I think I spet more time modding F04 than actually playing the game!) and since I would enjoy play a game on my laptop that doesn't require me to invest in a gaming laptop ($$$$), I would love to mod up FO2 and go to town. The problem there seems to be a decent number of mod for FO2 and not sure which work correctly or not.

I see the very first page, but it would seem that as become somewhat dated. So what would be a list of decent mods that function properly and would add to the enjoyment of FO2. For instance, I see F2_Restoration_Project _2.3.3, but a later posting suggest that one should install Magamod instead. What other mods would be in line for inclusion? Any pointers would greatly appreciated!
kcallis: So after becoming bored with OOlite, I thought I would give my hand with playing FO2. I always enjoy mods ( I think I spet more time modding F04 than actually playing the game!) and since I would enjoy play a game on my laptop that doesn't require me to invest in a gaming laptop ($$$$), I would love to mod up FO2 and go to town. The problem there seems to be a decent number of mod for FO2 and not sure which work correctly or not.

I see the very first page, but it would seem that as become somewhat dated. So what would be a list of decent mods that function properly and would add to the enjoyment of FO2. For instance, I see F2_Restoration_Project _2.3.3, but a later posting suggest that one should install Magamod instead. What other mods would be in line for inclusion? Any pointers would greatly appreciated!
You can play both... separately. RP and Megamod somewhat overlap, though. Check out a list over at NMA
From time to time, it's good to update sfall (of course, if bigger updates they corrupt saves), many engine fixes and crash fixes, also extra features for those who need.

Latest version is now 4.1.2
Post edited November 05, 2018 by StrikeFIN
StrikeFIN: From time to time, it's good to update sfall.
Only if you play the vanilla game.
If you use any of the major mods which tightly rely on SFall for their proper functionality, generally speaking, it's a bad idea to alter SFall version. Better leave that one which is bundled with a mod by it's developer. Until you are an experienced enough person who could debug Fallout scripts and fix possible consequences manually. In the worst case incompatibilities could manifest at late stages of your walk through the scenario, effectively preventing you from completing the game.
Post edited November 06, 2018 by Schwertz
Updates for UP and RP.
Quick question: F2 Restoration Project, FO2Tweaks. Default settings. SCOPED RIFLES (UPGRADED).

What's the deal with scoped hunting rifle? With RP & FO2Tweaks it seams it's useless. 48 range vs 40 range for unscoped, but to-hit is much, much lower (even negative). Is that a mod/cfg conflict? Thanks!
where can I find the latest unoffical patch, the sticky one at the begining of this thread dosen't work
bingo44: where can I find the latest unoffical patch, the sticky one at the begining of this thread dosen't work
Have fun:

Unoficial patch:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0cp99ydi1k9fxve/unofficialFO2patch_v1.02.31.exe/file

Unofficial patch (for advanced users):

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jl13dsl713t2l34/unofficialFO2patch_manual_install_v1.02.31.rar/file