It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi, I have several mods that I am considering installing, but I need to know if they will work together and, if so, what the best install order is.
Resolution patch
Restoration project
Killap's unofficial patch
Megamod
sfall
Thank you!!
quartet1977: Hi, I have several mods that I am considering installing, but I need to know if they will work together and, if so, what the best install order is.
Resolution patch
Restoration project
Megamod
sfall
Thank you!!

Latest Killap's Restoration project contains the unofficial patch, high resolution patch and sfall. And no megamod is incompatible with killap's patch (it contains some of the fixes it self) and restoration project. Note that sfall and high res patch included in restoration project may not be latest as it includes what ever version was available at release date. Make sure you have the latest full install version (2.0.2d) and also get the 2.0.2e update found here. Alternatively you may want to wait for 2.1 version that, according to killap, is just around the corner.
quartet1977: Hi, I have several mods that I am considering installing, but I need to know if they will work together and, if so, what the best install order is.
Resolution patch
Restoration project
Megamod
sfall
Thank you!!
Petrell: Latest Killap's Restoration project contains the unofficial patch, high resolution patch and sfall. And no megamod is incompatible with killap's patch (it contains some of the fixes it self) and restoration project. Note that sfall and high res patch included in restoration project may not be latest as it includes what ever version was available at release date. Make sure you have the latest full install version (2.0.2d) and also get the 2.0.2e update found here. Alternatively you may want to wait for 2.1 version that, according to killap, is just around the corner.

Thanks for the reply! I'll follow your advice and wait for 2.1 before starting to play.
hi!, i do have 2 main issues, the main problem is that my game doesnt have the PUSH command, (i know how it should be display, it just dont have it, i guess might be a bug), so i cannot push the car into the mine, so i cannot access the military base.
the other thing, i dont know how to refuel my car, i tried to put the fusion cells on it, but my character doe nothing for it
thank you
neworder: hi!, i do have 2 main issues, the main problem is that my game doesnt have the PUSH command, (i know how it should be display, it just dont have it, i guess might be a bug), so i cannot push the car into the mine, so i cannot access the military base.
the other thing, i dont know how to refuel my car, i tried to put the fusion cells on it, but my character doe nothing for it
thank you

How do I refuel my car?
The car runs on Small Energy Cells and Micro Fusion Cells (the ammo you use for energy weapons.) To refuel the car, hold down the right mouse button over the front end of the car, select the backpack icon, then scroll through your inventory for one of the above power cells, left click on the power cell. This will refuel your car. Don't forget the trunk can store items. It only takes two Micro Fusion Cells to completely fill the car, but almost a dozen Small Energy Cells.
Thanx Petrell, I do appreciate it, ill use that right away.
do you believe that the resolution patch would fix the "selection menu problem"?
neworder: Thanx Petrell, I do appreciate it, ill use that right away.
do you believe that the resolution patch would fix the "selection menu problem"?

Never used it and never have had problem with either Fallout so I wouldn't know. It has helped with graphical proplems others have been having so I guess it wouldn't hurt to try. What kind of "selection menu problem" are you talking about?
where is the explosive to get through the first door right atthe start have looked everywhere but can't find it??? seem to have a lot of graphical issues as well on windows 7 is there a patch somewhere for this? thanks
i think
1. the explosive is located in some pot
2. lockpick should work well, too

its been a long time since my last game of f2, so im not sure about this, though
I did a fresh install of GOG's Fallout 2, then installed Killap's Unofficial Fallout 2 Patch 1.02.27.3 (installer), and then High Resolution Patch 2.3. Both installations were successful and installed in the proper folder, but I get the "Fallout appears to be running in compatibility mode" error when trying to start the game. I've tried the suggestions from this forum thread, but neither messing around with the compatibility modes or running as Administrator makes a difference. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64. Any ideas?

SOLUTION: Unchecking the "Run in 256 colors" checkbox in the shortcuts Compatibility tab seems to let me start the game.
Post edited October 02, 2010 by AntiPro
"Bla seems to be incompatible" is just an info, so you don't call Microsoft about it, thats all. Just ignore it :)
anybody know how to disable the submarine in the expansion project? I got in the submarine, but none of the shi would let me look at anything so after not being able to persuade any of them, i had to kill them all. and after clicking on everything and repairing everything till i cant repair anymore it still won't disable the torpedoes allowing me to go to the enclave main base.

what am I doing wrong?
Installed the Restoration mod from NMA, now there keeps coming an error "seems to be running in compatibility mode" when I try to run it.
The thing is, I'm not running it in compatibility mode! I'm also not running it as an administrator and have tried the solutions given in the thread, like checking all boxes, then running it, then unchecking them again etc.
Why does it keep telling me that?

(I'm running Windows 7).

AntiPro: SOLUTION: Unchecking the "Run in 256 colors" checkbox in the shortcuts Compatibility tab seems to let me start the game.
I've thought about this and this is probably the solution to my problem as well, since we seem to have the same problem. But the "run in 256 colors" option is the only box that can't be unchecked since it's gray. Infuriating :(
Post edited November 02, 2010 by Poltergeist
Krensada: anybody know how to disable the submarine in the expansion project? I got in the submarine, but none of the shi would let me look at anything so after not being able to persuade any of them, i had to kill them all. and after clicking on everything and repairing everything till i cant repair anymore it still won't disable the torpedoes allowing me to go to the enclave main base.

what am I doing wrong?
Hi Krensada,
If you can tell me how to find the blasted submarine,
I'll tell you how to get authorised to access it. You can find the authorisation in san francisco.
AntiPro: SOLUTION: Unchecking the "Run in 256 colors" checkbox in the shortcuts Compatibility tab seems to let me start the game.
Poltergeist: I've thought about this and this is probably the solution to my problem as well, since we seem to have the same problem. But the "run in 256 colors" option is the only box that can't be unchecked since it's gray. Infuriating :(
Try running game using the exe instead of the shortcut. Did you by change install the game in (default) program files directory? You really should avoid that under Vista/Win7 due to Microsofts malfunctioning UAC (User Account Controll). You should install games in c:\games or something instead. If you do install into program files anyway, make sure you run the installers as administrator (right click -> choose 'run as administrator' from menu) to make sure installation is not screwed up by UAC.

There was a 'skip compatibility check' option in sfall at one point but it has unfortunately been removed
Post edited November 03, 2010 by Petrell