It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

crnisokol: Ok, here is a whole bunch of patches and various versions of them...I bought Fallout here at GOG, so which patch should I install, if any?
hi, i got fallout here for free a week ago and did those steps Paul_cz recommended
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/fallout_series/fallout_1_faq/post26

all files can be downloaded from Lodion
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/fallout_series/fallout_1_faq/post70

and it works really great:) gotta say that i didn't exactly like the original version but this boosted one is highly enjoyable.

hope you'll enjoy as well:)
you can try gog version Fallout 1 in CZ language, all necessary files are available on forum.madbrahmin.cz
(I can´t, because have F1 installed on my PC with OS years back :P )
Post edited April 14, 2012 by toudi_sk
Heya all!

Just got this games from GOG!

Installing its easy.....its starts.... but image in game its doubled (somehow like in 3d games whitout glasses but at a higher level).
Its very hard to play in this way....i barely can read...
Any hints? After this prb...i installed all mods indicated by Paul above.
Tryed different resolutions, diff compatibilities...
My problem remains.

OS and PC - Windows 7 64 bit. quad processor, 8 Gb, video Nvidia Geforce GT 430

Thx ! ;)
Had the same problem after installing ''sfall1'' mod, but without it game runs fine for me.
If you install the high resolution mod, and the sfall mod, you have
to turn the colour depth in the resolution menu to 32bit.

That did the trick for me. Whereas without the modded dlls
it's exactly the opposite, and only 8 bit works. That can
be quiet a little irritating. ;-)

I hope it works for you. Let us know. I'm quiet new here
on gog, but I play Fallout since it's release, with different
iterations of mods. Maybe I can think of another thing. :-)
Hi all.

I downloaded Fallout when GOG was giving away for free. I've been busy with school, so I'm just now getting around to playing it. I'm having technical problems, though.

When I start the game, after the opening movie the screen goes black. If I hit "enter" during the movie, the colors go weird and the game seems to freeze. I've tried different compatibility modes and downloading mods (I've been through the mod thread), but nothing seems to fix the problem.

It may be worth saying that I am using Windows XP on a Macbook Pro via Bootcamp.

Any ideas what the problem might be? I'd really like to experience Fallout.

*edit*
Got it! Never mind, guys.

It was a problem with my graphics card. Apple provides a CD with the drivers you need to make the Mac hardware work with Windows. Not all of the drivers worked, though, including what I needed for my graphics card. I had to go to AMD's site and download the driver from there. Seems to be good now!
Post edited April 26, 2012 by TAG123
I still do not have a solution to my fallout freezing-during-saving problem. I'd just like to ask, am I being ignored, or am I just doing it wrong? (Seriously, one thread is about three months old, the other is one month old)
i have no idea how to install patches. im not very computer literate, game works fine for me but the sound, occasionally it will cackle for about 30 seconds then go back to clear. no idea how to fix it. any suggestions?
I'm running Fallout 1 on a Macbook Pro and Parallels with Windows 7. I can't start a new game. When I select "Create Character" to start a new game, the mouse pointer freezes at the stats select screen. I can't move it anywhere or click on anything. I can only start a new game by "taking" a default character.

I'm using the Fallout 1 Tweaks package someone on the GOG forums posted - semi-official patch, unofficial patch, NPC mod, sfall, and high resolution.
Post edited October 20, 2012 by mysweetdoug
mysweetdoug: I'm running Fallout 1 on a Macbook Pro and Parallels with Windows 7.
I have it working with Parallels Desktop 8 and installed Parallels driver in the Windows 7 virtual machine.
mysweetdoug: I'm running Fallout 1 on a Macbook Pro and Parallels with Windows 7.
jnevans: I have it working with Parallels Desktop 8 and installed Parallels driver in the Windows 7 virtual machine.
Are you using any mods?
Weclock: Q. Is this the DOS version of the game?
A. No, all versions of Fallout on GOG are the Windows version.
GOG in October released Fallout for Mac, using the DOS version in DOSbox.
Weclock: Q. Is this the DOS version of the game?
A. No, all versions of Fallout on GOG are the Windows version.
TMWNN: GOG in October released Fallout for Mac, using the DOS version in DOSbox.
Yeaj, I'll update it.
I can't get the install to run at all. any help? running on windows 8 64 bit
UberBunz: I can't get the install to run at all. any help? running on windows 8 64 bit
If there's a problem with the installer, you can try the normal gamut of redownloading to make sure it isn't corrupt, running it as an administrator, or possibly asking for more help from the GOG team. They wrap each game in their own installer and should have a lot more info on it.