It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Like the title says. The first free DLC for Cyberpunk 2077 requires you to register the game online. And not only that, register it through Galaxy. So the 'Galaxy will always be optional' promise has been broken too.

Sources: Goodies FAQ: https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/goodies

Is MY REWARDS also available on the local version of Cyberpunk 2077 — which can be downloaded via GOG and installed separately from GOG GALAXY?

Because MY REWARDS requires an internet connection, the local version of Cyberpunk 2077 that you can download via GOG will not support MY REWARDS.
And confirmed by SmollestLight (mod): https://www.gog.com/forum/general/preload_cyberpunk_2077_today_cfffe/post117

Now, I know, this is 'only' a cosmetic DLC. Nothing important, right? It's not an essential part of the game. True, but it is a part of the game and the game cannot be said to be 100% DRM-free anymore. DRM on DLCs is still DRM and GOG's "100% DRM-free" promise should be amendet to "DRM-free, unless we feel like putting DRM on parts of our games"
Between this and the glitches, this game isn't turning out well.
Well, this is kinda sad tbh. I guess they want people to register gog accs that are usually on other places.
All I hope for is that they will patch it later in so GOG offline installer got the whole package after they are finished with their bait.

I can kinda understand it even though I am agaisnt stuff like this. Especially if they are THE place to avoid DRM nowadays.

If it draws more people towards the DRM-Free Idea I am all in for it even though it is an anti DRM-free move by CDPR.

Though I can see the hardships in competition to steam.

I ususally try to convicen people to buy Cyberpunk and other Games from GOG because they can actually own it.
But most of them are like:"nah, I dont trust thisd weird company" or "I'd rather buy on steam since I always have."

It's basically like convincing people to use Linux over Windows/Mac. (even though no entirely the same since Linux doesnt support many programs, which is why I dont use linux myself even though I usually tell "normal" people to use it over other systems)
high rated
Wait for Game of the Year edition then which will have all additional content included in and will not require registration for it.
high rated
megajellyfish: Well, this is kinda sad tbh. I guess they want people to register gog accs that are usually on other places.
All I hope for is that they will patch it later in so GOG offline installer got the whole package after they are finished with their bait.

I can kinda understand it even though I am agaisnt stuff like this. Especially if they are THE place to avoid DRM nowadays.

If it draws more people towards the DRM-Free Idea I am all in for it even though it is an anti DRM-free move by CDPR.

Though I can see the hardships in competition to steam.

I ususally try to convicen people to buy Cyberpunk and other Games from GOG because they can actually own it.
But most of them are like:"nah, I dont trust thisd weird company" or "I'd rather buy on steam since I always have."

It's basically like convincing people to use Linux over Windows/Mac. (even though no entirely the same since Linux doesnt support many programs, which is why I dont use linux myself even though I usually tell "normal" people to use it over other systems)
There is a contradiction in that statement. On the one hand, there is hardship in competition to Steam. But on the other hand, the way to counter that competitive force is to throw away your only differentiating factor - DRM-free clientless installation?

Take that away and what do you have? That's right, an inferior version of Steam.

I've happily given my money to CDPR by pre-ordering in June 2019 from the GOG store as soon as pre-orders opened up. Their way of thanking me was to hide bonus items and pre-load behind Galaxy client. Well guess what - CP2077 was the last pre-order I've placed with GOG or CDPR. Support needs to go both ways, not just one way.
Jumbik: Wait for Game of the Year edition then which will have all additional content included in and will not require registration for it.
By then Galaxy use will probably be mandatory, so I would not count on that.
Post edited December 08, 2020 by midrand
high rated
Remember FCKDRM? yeah...about that...
low rated
isn't this freaking out over pretty much nothing?
The *game* is DRM free. the digital extras require you to log-in to download them.... Where's the DRM?
low rated
The goodies are reserved for people who pre-ordered the game. How will GoG distribute the extras if you won't log in to your account?
Isn't the current lock on the preloaded game also, technically, DRM? Surely you cannot beat it by changing your system clock to December 10th, so it must be checking against a server somewhere.
J Lo: The goodies are reserved for people who pre-ordered the game. How will GoG distribute the extras if you won't log in to your account?
I think they are already logged into their accounts, Jay, the thing is that they do not wish to connect the game itself to any service. They would like to just download the extra files and apply them to their game.
Post edited December 09, 2020 by ASnakeNeverDies
low rated
What an idiotic freakout over nothing at all..yeesh get the fuck over it
low rated
Lol, this thread is ridiculous.
high rated
J Lo: The goodies are reserved for people who pre-ordered the game. How will GoG distribute the extras if you won't log in to your account?
Well they could from your library in your account like they've done in the past but they want to push Galaxy, that's how.
You forget it's in your library as soon as you pre-order it on GOG, mines been there since july 2019, that's how they can distribute the extra as they always use to do.
high rated
elussya: isn't this freaking out over pretty much nothing?
The *game* is DRM free. the digital extras require you to log-in to download them.... Where's the DRM?
You do realise the steam launcher is the DRM on steam and this move by GOG is making Galaxy the DRM on GOG, right!
You log-in to your GOG account why force anyone to use galaxy to "log-in" to get pre-order shit you paid for especially when they stated always that Galaxy would never be mandatory.

It's not nothing, it's yet another a policy change (for the worse) from GOG and pointing it out is not freaking out.
high rated
It's not about logging in to download the DLC. They actually don't allow that for the people who don't use Galaxy. They clearly state that this DLC will not be available as offline installer download. It's about being forced to use Galaxy to get it and about registering the game through Galaxy, after it was already downloaded. And that is DRM, pure and simple. Sure, so far it's DRM on a small, unimportant part. But it still is a breach of the "100% DRM-free" promise and of the "Galaxy will always be optional" promise.
low rated
I see the GOG fanboys are out, bend over again guys!