It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
elussya: isn't this freaking out over pretty much nothing?
The *game* is DRM free. the digital extras require you to log-in to download them.... Where's the DRM?
Aquilusumbra: You do realise the steam launcher is the DRM on steam and this move by GOG is making Galaxy the DRM on GOG, right!
You log-in to your GOG account why force anyone to use galaxy to "log-in" to get pre-order shit you paid for especially when they stated always that Galaxy would never be mandatory.

It's not nothing, it's yet another a policy change (for the worse) from GOG and pointing it out is not freaking out.
over reaching and reacting moron.
high rated
Aquilusumbra: You do realise the steam launcher is the DRM on steam and this move by GOG is making Galaxy the DRM on GOG, right!
You log-in to your GOG account why force anyone to use galaxy to "log-in" to get pre-order shit you paid for especially when they stated always that Galaxy would never be mandatory.

It's not nothing, it's yet another a policy change (for the worse) from GOG and pointing it out is not freaking out.
elussya: over reaching and reacting moron.
Oh you win you called me moron Duh.

How am I over reaching and reacting, by stating facts and truths!

Oh sorry I see you didn't know that the steam launcher was Steams DRM and you can't comprehend that Galaxy is going down the same road. I'll explain it for you (read it slowly):
You pre-order on GOG and wait 17 months or so, now if you don't use Galaxy (optional right?) you can't preload the game files, then after launch you don't get the pre-order stuff or DLC unless you use galaxy. Also no point really in preordering is there and Galaxy is no longer optional.

Get it now good! I think you sir are...... a bit slow!

Cya
Post edited December 09, 2020 by Aquilusumbra
low rated
elussya: over reaching and reacting moron.
Aquilusumbra: Oh you win you called me moron Duh.

How am I over reaching and reacting, by stating facts and truths!

Oh sorry I see you didn't know that the steam launcher was Steams DRM and you can't comprehend that Galaxy is going down the same road. I'll explain it for you (read it slowly):
You pre-order on GOG and wait 17 months or so, now if you don't use Galaxy (optional right?) you can't preload the game files, then after launch you don't get the pre-order stuff or DLC unless you use galaxy. Also no point really in preordering is there and Galaxy is no longer optional.

Get it now good! I think you sir are...... a bit slow!

Cya
How else were you going to preload the game? Unless they host the files elsewhere and send out download links to people who pay, it would be a hassle. Are you guys not familiar with what DRM is? When you launch a game from steam, steam has to launch regardless if it is online or offline. With GoG, you download and boot the game without gog opening.
high rated
This is a very bad development for GOG, and a snub to all the original supporters who helped it grow and become what it is now with their purchases and by spreading the word of mouth.

It is also myopic on GOG's part to think they can strengthen their market position merely by aping Steam. All this is going to accomplish is first drive away people who were accustomed to what GOG originally stood for, and then the rest will eventually dump the replica in favor of the original.

So far all the GOG Galaxy shenanigans have already made me not pre-order the game as I originally planned to. Now I'll at the very least wait and see if the whole game is really DRM free once it's released tomorrow.

Separately, it is also mind-boggling to see all the ignorant comments from people who apparently must have been growing up within the confines of Steam walled garden, and do not even realize this is not the only way there can be: "How would a game even work without a launcher?" This is somehow reminiscent of the movie "Idiocracy," where everybody drank Kool-aid because they didn't realize you can actually drink water.

And on a technical note: is this DRM? Of course it is. Enforcing an access restriction policy on content is the very definition of it. If you still don't get it, it's your prerogative. But for the record, you are wrong.

Thanks to @Lifthrasil for bringing this issue to everyone's attention.

There is also see this thread in the general forums, which mirrors this discussion:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/why_does_cyberpunk_require_galaxy_for_singleplayer_content
high rated
Lifthrasil: Like the title says. The first free DLC for Cyberpunk 2077 requires you to register the game online. And not only that, register it through Galaxy. So the 'Galaxy will always be optional' promise has been broken too.

Sources: Goodies FAQ: https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/goodies

Is MY REWARDS also available on the local version of Cyberpunk 2077 — which can be downloaded via GOG and installed separately from GOG GALAXY?

Because MY REWARDS requires an internet connection, the local version of Cyberpunk 2077 that you can download via GOG will not support MY REWARDS.
Lifthrasil: And confirmed by SmollestLight (mod): https://www.gog.com/forum/general/preload_cyberpunk_2077_today_cfffe/post117

Now, I know, this is 'only' a cosmetic DLC. Nothing important, right? It's not an essential part of the game. True, but it is a part of the game and the game cannot be said to be 100% DRM-free anymore. DRM on DLCs is still DRM and GOG's "100% DRM-free" promise should be amendet to "DRM-free, unless we feel like putting DRM on parts of our games"
It's 'only' cosmetic for now.
I'm curious about the free content updates down the line.
I will wait a bit more for my purchase and see how overtime content is delivered.

:/
Post edited December 09, 2020 by DreamedArtist
low rated
again. It's simply a login on the website- download the comic/wallpapers, and log out. I'd consider it DRM if it required a connection every time you wanted to pop in and read said comic.

So yep, I stand by the 'this is a pointless complaint' stance I have.
low rated
You have to log into your GOG account AND have an active internet connection to download the game.

"ZoMg! ItS dRm! CaNcEl PrEoRdEr!"

What a ridiculous freakout. This is not DRM. It's logging in.
high rated
elussya: again. It's simply a login on the website- .
Again, no it isn't. You won't be able to get the DLC through the website. ONLY through Galaxy. Please read the links I provided, before forming your opinion.

Everybody may of course choose to close their eyes and ignore the step GOG is taking here. But then don't be surprised, when in future all DLC will require Galaxy. Until Galaxy is made mandatory for all games, step by step.
high rated
Well- okay. My bad. Hadn't realized it was a seperate app-thing. Somehow that didn't sink in fully, since there's no mention of the My Rewards bit on the GoG store splash page, or when I click on the game in galaxy on my end.
Post edited December 09, 2020 by elussya
high rated
So it's:

Use GOG GALAXY or log in to GOG.COM to download:
Original Score
Cyberpunk 2020 Sourcebook
Wallpapers for desktop and mobile

To claim your Art Booklet and the Your Voice Digital Comic, log in to the following websites using your GOG account:

Art Booklet: Coming December 10th, 2020
Digital Comic: Coming December 10th, 2020
BUT:

CLAIM YOUR REGISTRATION REWARDS

Launch Cyberpunk 2077 via GOG GALAXY and start playing. Your rewards will be waiting for you in the item stash located in V’s apartment.
^Doesn't sound like something that should require Galaxy - gog should have a DLC installer for offline gamers.

After all - I'm already registered with gog!
Post edited December 09, 2020 by TrollumThinks
TrollumThinks: So it's:

Use GOG GALAXY or log in to GOG.COM to download:
Original Score
Cyberpunk 2020 Sourcebook
Wallpapers for desktop and mobile

To claim your Art Booklet and the Your Voice Digital Comic, log in to the following websites using your GOG account:

Art Booklet: Coming December 10th, 2020
Digital Comic: Coming December 10th, 2020
TrollumThinks: BUT:

CLAIM YOUR REGISTRATION REWARDS

Launch Cyberpunk 2077 via GOG GALAXY and start playing. Your rewards will be waiting for you in the item stash located in V’s apartment.
TrollumThinks: ^Doesn't sound like something that should require Galaxy - gog should have a DLC installer for offline gamers.

After all - I'm already registered with gog!
agreed. It seems like something that they should at least consider adding a quick and dirty installer for on the gog store. It'd be what? a couple megs?
low rated
While I get the outrage mob, the point of the my rewards program is: GOG Galaxy promoting, getting rewards for gwent -> which requires a gog account, and getting cp items FOR login to gog galaxy.

It is drm by the strictest definition. But that is the point of it, it's a reward for using their service. If you don't why would you get access to it?

The free dlc plan will be released on gog w/o galaxy as that is actually part of the game, this is a reward. Stop crying about and overreacting on things.

It's like being angry that a store gives you a buy one get one free coupon, and then bringing one item and saying you want it for free and it's disgusting that they require you to pay for one, when you just want the second one that's free.

To nail in the point, those rewards are literally called: "REGISTRATION REWARDS"
Post edited December 09, 2020 by Tuskone
megajellyfish: Well, this is kinda sad tbh. I guess they want people to register gog accs that are usually on other places.
All I hope for is that they will patch it later in so GOG offline installer got the whole package after they are finished with their bait.

I can kinda understand it even though I am agaisnt stuff like this. Especially if they are THE place to avoid DRM nowadays.

If it draws more people towards the DRM-Free Idea I am all in for it even though it is an anti DRM-free move by CDPR.

Though I can see the hardships in competition to steam.

I ususally try to convicen people to buy Cyberpunk and other Games from GOG because they can actually own it.
But most of them are like:"nah, I dont trust thisd weird company" or "I'd rather buy on steam since I always have."

It's basically like convincing people to use Linux over Windows/Mac. (even though no entirely the same since Linux doesnt support many programs, which is why I dont use linux myself even though I usually tell "normal" people to use it over other systems)
midrand: There is a contradiction in that statement. On the one hand, there is hardship in competition to Steam. But on the other hand, the way to counter that competitive force is to throw away your only differentiating factor - DRM-free clientless installation?

Take that away and what do you have? That's right, an inferior version of Steam.

I've happily given my money to CDPR by pre-ordering in June 2019 from the GOG store as soon as pre-orders opened up. Their way of thanking me was to hide bonus items and pre-load behind Galaxy client. Well guess what - CP2077 was the last pre-order I've placed with GOG or CDPR. Support needs to go both ways, not just one way.
Jumbik: Wait for Game of the Year edition then which will have all additional content included in and will not require registration for it.
midrand: By then Galaxy use will probably be mandatory, so I would not count on that.
Sorry if I didnt make it clear enough/forgot to mention.

Truth is - many people do not even know about GOG.com or that it is a store from the makers of witcher and cyberpunk.

So as a way to get their attention, make them aware of gog.com. It is a thing you can do.
I know it is a contradiction and I hope this will only be temporary.
midrand: There is a contradiction in that statement. On the one hand, there is hardship in competition to Steam. But on the other hand, the way to counter that competitive force is to throw away your only differentiating factor - DRM-free clientless installation?

Take that away and what do you have? That's right, an inferior version of Steam.

I've happily given my money to CDPR by pre-ordering in June 2019 from the GOG store as soon as pre-orders opened up. Their way of thanking me was to hide bonus items and pre-load behind Galaxy client. Well guess what - CP2077 was the last pre-order I've placed with GOG or CDPR. Support needs to go both ways, not just one way.

By then Galaxy use will probably be mandatory, so I would not count on that.
megajellyfish: Sorry if I didnt make it clear enough/forgot to mention.

Truth is - many people do not even know about GOG.com or that it is a store from the makers of witcher and cyberpunk.

So as a way to get their attention, make them aware of gog.com. It is a thing you can do.
I know it is a contradiction and I hope this will only be temporary.
Making people register with gog doesn't mean it has to be Galaxy - if the aim is to raise awareness of gog, they can do that simply with the register on gog requirement.

---
If this is a 'Use Galaxy and get rewarded' program, I'm just disappointed in the push.

Having said that, looking at the cosmetic rewards, I can live without them. I'm sure modders will create cool looking jackets in no time. But no troll plushie? - that's gonna make me rage :p