It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
[deleted]
Post edited February 12, 2023 by lace_gardenia
A bit old to the topic, but sheesh, don't think it is fair to pin all of the heat of Andromeda's failures on the devs. They tried their hardest with the crap that they were handed and a broken team split in half midway through to start development for another game (Anthem). The game itself may not be gold, but it doesn't mean they don't have anything of good value to offer. It comes down to how they can be used and who is directing them.

Now I don't know if these rumors ever ended up being true or not, and I don't have a solid opinion on whether or not I'd like this, but I don't think CDPR would hire people who would not meet their standards of quality.
Arachnarok_Rider: Not sure why you're blaming the devs for Andromeda. It was an EA game, which is never a good starting point, and the devs were forced to use the wrong engine for the job, weren't given much support for said engine, apparently weren't helped much by their management either, and ended up having to rush the game like mad because of said issues.

Could the devs have done better? They probably could, because usually there's always room for improvement. Would it have made any difference? Probably not. Shitty management means shitty project.

If management has dropped the ball and fucked up the planning and the means then there's just not a whole lot individual programmers, art people, gameplay designers, QA can do to unfuck that situation.
This

Andromeda had it's moments and let's not pretend that absolutely everything about it was horrible. Just as long they don't let any of the people who had anything to do with the writing/story of Andromeda touch this project and i ain't gonna lose my sleep bcos of this.
Post edited January 15, 2020 by aspiisd
aspiisd: Andromeda had it's moments and let's not pretend that absolutely everything about it was horrible. Just as long they don't let any of the people who had anything to do with the writing/story of Andromeda touch this project and i ain't gonna lose my sleep bcos of this.
You mean you have nothing against facial animations & character design? Well, each one to his own - but I'm not with you on this.
Post edited January 22, 2020 by Yunipuma
Arachnarok_Rider: Not sure why you're blaming the devs for Andromeda. It was an EA game, which is never a good starting point, and the devs were forced to use the wrong engine for the job, weren't given much support for said engine, apparently weren't helped much by their management either, and ended up having to rush the game like mad because of said issues.

Could the devs have done better? They probably could, because usually there's always room for improvement. Would it have made any difference? Probably not. Shitty management means shitty project.

If management has dropped the ball and fucked up the planning and the means then there's just not a whole lot individual programmers, art people, gameplay designers, QA can do to unfuck that situation.
aspiisd: This

Andromeda had it's moments and let's not pretend that absolutely everything about it was horrible. Just as long they don't let any of the people who had anything to do with the writing/story of Andromeda touch this project and i ain't gonna lose my sleep bcos of this.
So the game was enjoyable once or twiced then sucked the rest of the time... Yeah, that's called a crap game.

EA is a crap company when it comes to greed, but this instance was caused by skewed priorities. Bioware devs cared more about pushing politics than making a good game and it showed in the end results.
I always liked Bioware games. They just need to go back to their roots and they still can.

EA market pratices are well know this days and thats is the reason I havent buyed Mass Effect Triology, Dragon Age Triology, Need for Speed or the new Star Wars games. I would even give Anthem a shot if was DRM Free and stripped of microtransactions. But i just dont want to give my money to EA at their terms.
Horny_Reaper: I always liked Bioware games. They just need to go back to their roots and they still can.

EA market pratices are well know this days and thats is the reason I havent buyed Mass Effect Triology, Dragon Age Triology, Need for Speed or the new Star Wars games. I would even give Anthem a shot if was DRM Free and stripped of microtransactions. But i just dont want to give my money to EA at their terms.
That company once known as Bioware doesn't exist, not even inside the EA shell. It died a long time ago. There is nothing to go back to (although I wish it was possible).

As for the Mass Effect "series". It was ruined by Mass Effect 2. It was a good move to ignore everything that came after it. Once burnt and all that.
Horny_Reaper: I always liked Bioware games. They just need to go back to their roots and they still can.

Pangaea666: That company once known as Bioware doesn't exist, not even inside the EA shell. It died a long time ago. There is nothing to go back to (although I wish it was possible).

As for the Mass Effect "series". It was ruined by Mass Effect 2. It was a good move to ignore everything that came after it. Once burnt and all that.
Well... Mass Effect Series has a pretty score in GOG Wishlist and I don't really know what you mean by ruined. But taste is taste.
Mass Effect: Andromeda had a lot of issues with it in terms of facial animations and issues like that, but the main reason I'd never buy it is the "social justice warrior" politics (aka "political correctness) that was shoved into the game, presumably by the developers. And I say that as a guy who has replayed the original Mass Effect trilogy about 7 times now.

If the Cyberpunk game hired many of those same developers that brought us a crappy game like Mass Effect: Andromeda, that makes me worried... but I'll wait and see how this turns out.

And Mass Effect 2 was one of the best Mass Effect games in the series, without a doubt.
Post edited June 09, 2020 by temps
low rated
[deleted]
i have always had a love/hate relationship with Bioware. I loved Dragon Age Origins and the first three Mass effect games but I hated Inquisition and Andromeda. I dont get that excited for games anymore. i have been let down too many times. I got excited for Andromeda. bought the T shirt...the lot. I was let down. After watching a youtube video exposing what I had refused to admit. It was after this I made a decision to boycott Bioware games.

While I understand that Ea are the evil corporate overlords of Bioware they do not have as big a hand in game development as you might think. This was a total and utter failure by Bioware. They had writers who had no business writing sci fi, they had artists with no experience. it was a rushed diabolical experience I never want to repeat. I am sorry if this sounds harsh but NONE of the people working on that game should be allowed near a AAA title ever again. They simply cannot be trusted.

Yes EA could have stepped in but we all knew they wouldnt. A publishers/parent company's job is not to interfere in the dev process. If they need extra funding thats where the parent company come in. Bioware should have sacked up and gone to EA and told them they needed more time.

i just dont trust them or anyone who works for them anymore its as simple as that.
I really never understood the hate for ME: Andromeda. Yeah, sure, some of its characters weren't as great and the game had bugs, but at its core, it was a very well-designed game and I preferred some of the new characters to the original trilogy's. For example, I'd take Peebee over Liara ANY day. And as for Ryder, I enjoyed that we got to play a character that truly had to build himself/herself up instead of being a legendary military commander from the get-go. It made the exploration of a truly foreign galaxy feel that much more realistic. I also didn't get the complaints about the political correctness and such. I'm a very conservative dude but nothing in that game made me feel like it was SJW-driven or anything.

In general, I really enjoyed Andromeda. If CDPR hired some of Andromeda's developers, that doesn't bother me in the least.
Post edited June 16, 2020 by JakobFel
[deleted]
aspiisd: This

Mordeth_Kai: So the game was enjoyable once or twiced then sucked the rest of the time... Yeah, that's called a crap game.

EA is a crap company when it comes to greed, but this instance was caused by skewed priorities. Bioware devs cared more about pushing politics than making a good game and it showed in the end results.
You think "Bioware devs" got to set the priorities in Andromeda? That EA just called Bioware and said "here's a bag of money" and then the Bioware management gathered a bunch of devs in a room and told them to do whatever they do, just make some game, and then the devs just freestyled a game into existence, only the game was bad because their priorities were wrong?

Jesus Christ. Have you had a job anywhere? Ever?
From what I hear EA has excellent work conditions for their developers.

Apart from that I actually liked ME:A . It wasn't great but it was good enough, so much that I even did a 2nd playthrough, which is rare.
So if they're on this project, all the better, welcome welcome.

Reading this thread makes me wonder what's wrong with people and why does it still regenerate and isn't bathed in acid and fire
Post edited June 18, 2020 by dluketic