It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
cLaude83: I have a hypothetical question for you: If there are no solid facts, and all that there is to discuss is rumors, do you think that makes those rumors not worth discussing?
(...)
Links: I do not answer for Hickory, but I do for myself: If someone tells me something IRL based on a rumour, I ask for evidence; if they do not have any, I disregard what was told to me.
Well? OP literally asks for evidence. Should we disregard Hickory remark then?
cLaude83: These steam threads all got shut down for discussing this same topic:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1091500/discussions/0/1633040337760678604//
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1091500/discussions/0/1635291505039175109/
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1091500/discussions/0/2564160288799219794/

The older two are phrased in terms of accusations, so there you could argue closed for spreading misinformation, but the latest one is purely in terms of a question.

The last one only just got locked down a few minutes ago, and I was there to see what happened:
The last two posts that were removed, were a plea from OP to stay on topic and collect evidence rather than speculating wildly, and someone who actually posted links to possible evidence (e.g. the CDPR statement on Digital Scapes, and the DS website, etc.). They removed both the evidence and the request to remain unbiased and factual, and banned the OP, citing "Witchhunt".

I think this is about the strongest proof we're likely to obtain, that there is in fact more to this rumor than they are letting on; otherwise what are they hiding behind such illegitimate censorship?
I owe you a response in that other topic, where I feel your comments were actually very reasonable, all things considered. I don't quite agree with them, needless to say, but they're reasonable all the same. However, work and real life...

But in this topic, you're really just pushing misinformation and nonsensical speculation. Not reasonable at all.

Like I said initially, Andromeda was not brought down because all the developers were incompetent. I don't know whether they were or not, mind you, but it really doesn't matter, because the much bigger issue lies in how that project was managed. That being said, if everybody on that team had in fact been incompetent then surely there wouldn't have been a decent enough but buggy game at the end despite the development process.

But you're pretending that it was down to *every single dev* who all individually failed to do their job, even though their job was to do what their bosses told them to do. You're further seemingly pretending that random devs just do whatever they want, whenever they want, just because. And that just does not make any sense.

FYI, grunt level developers don't make the calls, they just execute them. It's not their job to make the big calls. Some times they'll poke their boss on the shoulder and suggest that maybe this isn't how it should be, but you can't run a big production if everybody just goes around and do whatever they want, and people who do those kinds of things anyway will inevitably get found out and kicked out.

As for the "illegitimate censorship", you're commenting on their forum, instigating negativity against their employees. What did you expect? No, you do not have any right whatsoever to comment what you like, and no, it really isn't legitimate to try and hound former Bioware employees, blaming them individually for an EA affiliate having collectively made a disappointing game, in no small part due to said affiliate being forced to switch engine during development.
low rated
Arachnarok_Rider: I owe you a response in that other topic, where I feel your comments were actually very reasonable, all things considered. I don't quite agree with them, needless to say, but they're reasonable all the same. However, work and real life...

But in this topic, you're really just pushing misinformation and nonsensical speculation. Not reasonable at all.

Like I said initially, Andromeda was not brought down because all the developers were incompetent. I don't know whether they were or not, mind you, but it really doesn't matter, because the much bigger issue lies in how that project was managed. That being said, if everybody on that team had in fact been incompetent then surely there wouldn't have been a decent enough but buggy game at the end despite the development process.

But you're pretending that it was down to *every single dev* who all individually failed to do their job, even though their job was to do what their bosses told them to do. You're further seemingly pretending that random devs just do whatever they want, whenever they want, just because. And that just does not make any sense.

FYI, grunt level developers don't make the calls, they just execute them. It's not their job to make the big calls. Some times they'll poke their boss on the shoulder and suggest that maybe this isn't how it should be, but you can't run a big production if everybody just goes around and do whatever they want, and people who do those kinds of things anyway will inevitably get found out and kicked out.

As for the "illegitimate censorship", you're commenting on their forum, instigating negativity against their employees. What did you expect? No, you do not have any right whatsoever to comment what you like, and no, it really isn't legitimate to try and hound former Bioware employees, blaming them individually for an EA affiliate having collectively made a disappointing game, in no small part due to said affiliate being forced to switch engine during development.
Please take your time responding in the other topic, I relate to how busy life can get, and I would much rather you construct a response that you are happy with than a quick reply, because I genuinely appreciate the fact that we can discuss different views frankly without devolving into a fight.

It therefore saddens me slightly that you feel I am being unreasonable here. I am not saying that every single dev individually failed their job. And believe me, I am well aware that grunts don't get to call big shots. But it is not true that developers don't just go around and do whatever they want: maybe not while working on the game, but they certainly do on social media.

This brings me to the difference we seem to have in view as to why Bioware is going down the drain. I don't think the chief cause is technical ineptitude, but a policy of pushing a SJW agenda.
Why else did it take them so long to reluctantly let racist genocidal maniac Manveer Heir go? Why else is gamer gate feminazi and proponent of false rape allegations Sam Maggs still working at Bioware? Why did we go from having one lesbian in Knights of the Old Republic I, and one bisexual in Jade Empire and Mass Effect 1, to having entire cauldrons of alphabet soup in Inquisition, Andromeda and Anthem?

Bioware has a long history of promoting extreme leftist ideology, but they are becoming more and more open and bold about it. And they are becoming more and more radical, as they replace good people with common sense, by politically correct noise-making machines who publicly admit they despise the gaming community.
This would damage any company and it is clearly destroying Bioware. And to me it seems that we are seeing the same thing happening, at smaller scale or in a earlier phase, at CDPR, what with the firing of Sean 'Linko' Halliday, and the hiring of their current CDPR and steam forum moderators.

Now I agree with you that Bioware is not (yet) completely devoid of any technical skill, otherwise Andromeda would have looked even shoddier, especially more so than the unreleased version where women were actually not hideous. But if their policy of political propaganda is not changed rapidly, they will go bust nonetheless. Maybe our 'hero and saviour' Tim Sweeney can prop-up their failing agitprop.

As for your arguments regarding the steam forum: you are incorrect. The OP of that last thread was clearly at no point instigating negativity of any form; the spineless git was in fact being very eager to make sure everything went according to their stupid guidelines, even though the moderators clearly only uphold these when they feel there is any chance of legitimate criticism of Cyberpunk 2077 coming to light.
The guy literally got banned for telling people to stop speculating and stay on topic, because that now constitutes a witch hunt.
CDPR should know better that to try and silence free speech! When has that ever ended well on the free market? You only get away with that, if you have the power and resources of Soviet Russia, the People's Republic of China or Nazi Germany behind you, and even then it goes South on you eventually.
Post edited September 17, 2019 by cLaude83
low rated
LootHunter: Well? OP literally asks for evidence. Should we disregard Hickory remark then?
Do you see anyone discussing evidence in this thread? Did the OP post the evidence they got from asking the questions they asked here to those who originally reproduced the rumor?

Don't answer, those are rhetorical questions. Unlike yours to which I can wholeheartedly say 'no'.
low rated
[deleted]
Post edited February 12, 2023 by lace_gardenia
cLaude83: No, I think the real reason Andromeda ended in a shit show, is that Bioware has been slowly becoming increasingly woke for years now. Just compare their games and arrange them from how centrist to how leftist they are, now check their release dates, notice anything?

[...]

"SJWs"
lace_gardenia: Ow, my eyes just rolled up so hard im now looking backwards. Ow ow ow.
Says the "perky goth" from Sweden who has a flower as their avatar... Scream "I'm a vegan alphabet-soup person and I'm offended" louder, can you, because all of those things prove you mentally handicapped!
low rated
[deleted]
cLaude83: Says the "perky goth" from Sweden who has a flower as their avatar... Scream "I'm a vegan alphabet-soup person and I'm offended" louder, can you, because all of those things prove you mentally handicapped!
lace_gardenia: Oh no, not the flowers!

(u mad bro?)
Nah, just contemptuous. If you try to find some real counter-arguments, instead of just rolling your eyes so far back that they get caught on your misshapen brain, we can even make an attempt at a real discussion...
low rated
[deleted]
low rated

I RESPOND TO COMMENTS TO MY ANGRY POSTS WITH HATE AND THINK OTHER PEOPLE ARE THE CONSTANTLY OFFENDED ONES
lace_gardenia: Yeah, you pretty mad.
Fake quotes written down at your own intellectual level? I think it's pretty clear who's mad here... lol
What happened? Did you get raped by a muslim immigrant this morning and you're mad the police won't take your report? Did your children get kidnapped by the government, because you accidentally taught them there were several billion genders instead of several trillion? Or are you just related to that bratty Tunberg retard, if so you should both have been beaten with belt buckles when you were young, to learn children should be seen not heard -- but it's not too late to start now...
Post edited September 21, 2019 by cLaude83
low rated
[deleted]
low rated
cLaude83: Fake quotes written down at your own intellectual level? I think it's pretty clear who's mad here... lol
What happened? Did you get raped by a muslim immigrant this morning and you're mad the police won't take your report? Did your children get kidnapped by the government, because you accidentally taught them there were several billion genders instead of several trillion? Or are you just related to that bratty Tunberg retard, if so you should both have been beaten with belt buckles when you were young, to learn children should be seen not heard -- but it's not too late to start now...
lace_gardenia: Yes, this is clearly how a calm and rational person talks.
I'm glad you are at least willing to admit that.
low rated
[deleted]
The developers of mass effect andromeda don't need any hate because it's not their fault the publisher and such forced an impossible dead line on them
Fr33styler: The developers of mass effect andromeda don't need any hate because it's not their fault the publisher and such forced an impossible dead line on them
They don't need hate for that, no. Andromeda could have been even more shoddy than it was (and still is); and it actually used to be even less shoddy, back before they purposefully made all the women look hideous to promote 'body positivity' -- notice how with a tight deadline they prioritize making the game uglier instead of more playable...

What Bioware does need hate for, and as much of it as it can get, is its woke policy of pushing a SJW agenda, which guides every action it takes (e.g. human resources, storyboard, marketing, etc. etc. etc.)