Junior Software Engineer (Backend PHP)
GOG.com seeks talented Junior Software Engineer to join our WEB team, which develops and maintains most of the web-front features available on the GOG.com platform.
- Provide help with creating new features and maintaining existing code.
- Work with an exciting technology stack such as Symfony framework, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, Docker, Redis, Varnish and many more.
- Learn from experienced engineers how to create a top notch, scalable applications that process large amount of data.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using the best software development practices.
- Stay abreast of the best trends by researching new tools, prototyping solutions, as well as enhancing and further developing existing ones.
- 1-2 years of experience in software engineering.
- Experience in PHP and OOP practices - personal projects count!
- Knowledge of MySQL databases.
- Willingness to learn, grow and gather new experiences.
- Ability to easily communicate in English.
- Hands on experience with Symfony or any other PHP modern framework.
- Ability to work with source control tools (Git).
- Experience with work in an agile environment.
- Passion for gaming, game services, and online communities.
- Familiarity with PHPUnit, Behat or PHPSpec.
What we offer:
A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of digital distribution.
A gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games - living & breathing them!
A buddy system - designated partner in crime who will help you get around our dos and don’ts.
- A great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts.
- A Profit Sharing Program after 6 months of work, where employees share 10 % of GOG.com's net profit (paid out once a year).
- Access to a health care and sport activities package.
- A relocation package for foreigners as well as assistance from our HR throughout the whole process.
- Polish lessons should you need them.
- Frequent social activities, free fruits, an in-house cantina, and other goodies are a standard.
- An in-house gym, open 24/7, available exclusively for CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com employees.
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your CV (in English) and code samples below.