It's this time of year again - GOG.com is looking for dedicated game fixers! If you are (or you think you are :) ) someone who can and loves making old software work on modern systems, enjoys tackling challenges head-on and solving seemingly unsolvable puzzles, then there is a small team of like-minded individuals waiting for you. The keyword is ‘phex’.
- Debugging problems with games on GOG.com, providing fixes and workarounds.
- Verifying issues reported by the Support and QA teams.
- Designing, implementing, and supporting compatibility tools and wrappers.
- Strong analytical, debugging, and reverse engineering skills.
- Experience with dynamic link libraries and wrappers.
- In-depth knowledge of C/C++, asm or both.
- Strong commitment to quality, attention to detail (put our keyword at the top of your cover letter) and making 'that damn thing work'.
- Knowledge of Windows’ ins and outs - being a power user.
- Passion for (old-school) gaming is a must because you will be surrounded by nerds. ;)
- Ability to easily communicate in English.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- DirectX SDK knowledge.
- ‘Hold my beer, I got this!’ attitude.
- Creative thinking: we are called the ‘workaround department’ for a reason :)
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic and change-driven environment.
- Interest in the inner workings of games and what makes them tick.
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of digital distribution.
- A gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games - living & breathing them!
- A great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts.
- A Profit Sharing Program after 6 months of work, where employees share 10 % of GOG.com's net profit (paid out once a year).
- Access to a health care and sport activities package.
- A relocation package for foreigners as well as assistance from our HR throughout the whole process.
- Polish lessons should you need them.
- Frequent social activities, free fruits, an in-house canteen, and other goodies are a standard.
- An in-house gym, open 24/7, available exclusively for CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com employees.
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your CV and cover letter (both in English) below.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
Please also include the following statement with your application: "I hereby consent to the processing of my vital and personal data in so far as this is required under the current as well as future recruitment campaigns conducted by GOG sp. z o.o., with headquarters in Warsaw, Jagiellońska 74 street, in accordance with the Act of August 29, 1997, on the Protection of Personal Information (JoL no. 133, item 883)."