Web Developer (PHP)
GOG.com is calling out to all master coders who want to enhance our extraordinary team as a Senior PHP Web Developer and take part in the development of GOG Galaxy: our truly gamer-friendly, DRM-free, online gaming platform (GOG.com/galaxy). Aside from working on the challenges of this project, you will also have the opportunity to play a key role in a variety of other brand new R&D projects. If you are a gamer yourself and freedom of choice, an optional client and cross-play is something you would vote for - the Galaxy Team will be a perfect place for you.
- Develop and maintain highly available, scalable web services that power the GOG Galaxy platform used by millions of gamers.
- Implement and own major features.
- Cooperate with other departments on all aspects of the project (features, design, UX).
- Share your knowledge with other team members and support them as a mentor.
- Work on new projects, from conception to deployment in the production environment.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Stay abreast of emerging new technologies.
- 4+ years in web development.
- Mastery in SOLID OOP PHP5.
- Expertise in handling MySQL databases and query/table optimisations.
- Strong understanding of best security practices.
- Experience in source control systems and deployment process (git, git-flow, CI).
- Strong understanding of HTML/CSS.
- Ability to easily communicate in English.
- An overwhelming desire to code the best websites on the Internet.
- Proven ability to build, maintain and scale a complete system experienced by millions of users.
- Experience in working with the Symfony2 framework in a production environment.
- Experience with performance tuning of web applications.
- Experience with Web Services (REST, OAuth2).
- Experience with caching (Varnish, Memcache).
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Passion for gaming, game services, and online communities.
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of digital distribution.
- A gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games - living & breathing them!
- A great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts.
- A Profit Sharing Program after 6 months of work, where employees share 10 % of GOG.com's net profit (paid out once a year).
- Access to a health care and sport activities package.
- A relocation package for foreigners as well as assistance from our HR throughout the whole process.
- Polish lessons should you need them.
- Frequent social activities, free fruits, an in-house canteen, and other goodies are a standard.
- An in-house gym, open 24/7, available exclusively for CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com employees.
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your CV (in English) and code samples below.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
Please also include the following statement with your application: "I hereby consent to the processing of my vital and personal data in so far as this is required under the current as well as future recruitment campaigns conducted by GOG Poland Sp. z o.o., with headquarters in Warsaw, Jagiellońska 74 street, in accordance with the Act of August 29, 1997, on the Protection of Personal Information (JoL no. 133, item 883)."